View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oh, this has everything to do with some readers feeling comfortable.(Maybe except for Pietro fans who actually lose stuff out of it.)
    "Comfortable" is not an issue as long as comics didn't affect their comfort zone, which this retcon clearly does. Why else do you think so many people got upset over this?
    Aside from people who actually lose potential interest, it's just people who feel comfortable with the decades old canon, which is pretty old despite being none-consequential.

I am not part of whatever trend you are talking about, Django and Marya are good enough parents for the twins, at least Wanda.
    If she ever needs a challenge or more evil parent figure, it's Chthon's job. And he can play the full-on evil patriach without much burden really.
    And you are talking about needing heroes to have divine heritage? How many people feel the need for a certain hero to come from a "mutant royalty"?
    And I wouldn't trade Chthon for a more powerful cosmic beings, or any other demon/god, it's never about good enough.

Yes, he doesn't have to be useful to his kids storywise, so him being their dad or not doesn't matter, the retcon does nothing significant, except for blowing up a lot of comfort zone.
    And the only solid argument for me, it's just the potential pages and development Pietro can get.
    I think people want him to be the father because he's more well known and to humanize him. I don't think it's ever about the twins. Because it makes no sense otherwise. And I do agree that him being their dad was more of a comfort for some. Because it was what they knew for 30 years. But Marvel never did anything with it, and still wouldn't.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think they are talking about the ‘latest’ retcon from the scarlet whitch series. In there, Wanda finds out her real mom is some named Natalya (who is a witch) and that her mom was killed by her dad (the dad is never named.) so if marvel uses that as an opening to make mats the dad again, that means he would have killed wanda’s mom (it’s possible...) but wouldn’t have cheated on Magda ( because no way will marvel keep Wanda and poetry tied to WWII like that. They will say Natalya years happened after Magda died.)
    Yes I am talking about that, and I guess maybe it could have happened after Magda, but I still stand by the only thing coming out of this is the 2 of them going on a war path to kill Magneto.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yes I am talking about that, and I guess maybe it could have happened after Magda, but I still stand by the only thing coming out of this is the 2 of them going on a war path to kill Magneto.
    Given Natalya was killed on Wundagore I think it was implied she was killed by Chton, Magneto could still be the twins father in the sense that he had a relationship with Natalya but also they developed a link with Chton at their birth and that´s why Natalya said, their "father" killed them. I havea head canon that precisely this link is the one that has made their lives so difficut and caothic.

Vision seems to be the only one who knows the truth because he read it from the HE archives but he hide it because he thought the truth would only "destroy wanda" This is art from Vol. 2 of the vision series that didn´t get to be published but it´s supposed to be canon and here Viv vison pairs Natalya with Magneto as Wanda and Pietro´s children.

About Wanda and Magneto relationship. I think their familiar relationship gives them a different lenses than the one they would have if they were not related, I think it was significative the the one person wanda asked for during her big crisis with the avengers was magneto, I think it was interesting she made an honest effort of developing a relationship with him during the 80´s and the she invited him to the birth of her twins, or the fact that even in her solo series she desperately wanted to get confirmation over wether he´s or isn´t her father. We can love or hate or be indifferent to their relationship but it´s there and emotionally speaking both twins recognize Magneto at some level as part of their family or at least part of their story even if they didn´t think it was a positive one.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

That panel was removed so it's not canon. And it was probably why it was removed. They posted another recently of Vision's family on their Twitter page that had no Mags link.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1238948016666677249
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-06-2020 at 06:29 PM.

It was a panel for a second part for the Vision series, the same series where you got that cover, but that series was not published that´s why we didn´t see it, The one you are showing was from a cover of the first part of the Vision series but wasn´t mean to be quite clear on including all the members of Vision family and if that wasn´t enough we have a recent interview by a writer from the Empyre crossover that said he was interested in doing a story of the House of M and include everybody the Maximoffs, Billy, Tommy, Luna and those who live on Krakoa.

I don´t think any of this was an accident of a coincidence, I think it´s only a matter of time before marvel undoes the retcon, I just hope they do so in a way that serves the story of all the members of the family.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It was a panel for a second part for the Vision series, the same series where you got that cover, but that series was not published that´s why we didn´t see it, The one you are showing was from a cover of the first part of the Vision series but wasn´t mean to be quite clear on including all the members of Vision family and if that wasn´t enough we have a recent interview by a writer from the Empyre crossover that said he was interested in doing a story of the House of M and include everybody the Maximoffs, Billy, Tommy, Luna and those who live on Krakoa.

I don´t think any of this was an accident of a coincidence, I think it´s only a matter of time before marvel undoes the retcon, I just hope they do so in a way that serves the story of all the members of the family.
    If they did use only the characters from the tree it would easily be enough for a big Marvel event.

Agreed one of the things I always liked about this family is how they bring together most of the marvel universe.

I know, I read it, and know it was left out. Writers saying they want to do something doesn't mean that Marvel will let them do it. It was Marvel that undid it. Mandates override anything they want to do.

Agreed one of the things I always liked about this family is how they bring together most of the marvel universe.
    Avengers/x-men/inhumans lol

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I know, I read it, and know it was left out. Writers saying they want to do something doesn't mean that Marvel will let them do it. It was Marvel that undid it. Mandates override anything they want to do.
    Writers keep themselves from talking about them as a family right after the retcon even if they made some mentions of Magneto on Wanda and Quicksilver´s solo series so If they are talking about them again while teasing possible stories imo it seems marvel is getting ready to get them back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain
    Avengers/x-men/inhumans lol
    imagine a crossover with all of these teams
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Writers keep themselves from talking about them as a family after the retcon so If they are talking about them again while teasing possible stories imo it seems marvel is getting ready to get them back together imo.

imagine a crossover with all of these teams
    Writers don't have any pull. They can present a story idea, but editors are the ones that approve it. Writers have talked about wanting to do things for years that never ended up on the pages of comics. Or didn't for a very long time. Like crossovers, amalgams, etc.

There's been games that mention their link and ones that don't. Most recently don't. Statues that mention the retcon. Like Wanda's statue that was released late last year after they got back Fox rights. So you really cannot rely on that stuff.

I had hoped for years for redemption for Wanda, for her to get time to spend with her spiritual children, for them to do something with family dynamics in comics. It doesn't happen. I had hoped she'd be in Fearless Defenders, because Bunn mentioned he'd like to put her in that. Didn't happen. All that leads to is false hope.

What I want for Wanda now is just to be in comics. And her presence lately has been on the magic side. And that's fine to me because it fleshes out her powers. Mostly I'd like her back on the main Avengers team. But I have no desire for her to be Mags' kid again. Because they A.) Never did anything with it, and B.) it never did anything for her.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-06-2020 at 07:42 PM.

I agree writers can have the idea and that editors are the ones who say the go ahead or no I just think marvel is getting ready to undo the retcon anyway, not because a writer or me want´s to but because it makes commercial sense for them to do this now that they have got the X-men movie rights back and it´s a nice way to keep their distinct franchises united, that´s all I could be wrong but I think this teasing is going on that direction.

And I feel that Wanda has been retconned enough, so they decided on this new parentage, they should stop now. It's been the Franks, then maybe the Maximoffs, then Lensherr, then back to Maximoffs again. The wheel of parentage is tiring.

We are talking about marvel who decided one day to undo the very popular marriage between Mary Jane and Spider-man with a retcon and then decided to undo it with another retcon. So I don´t think it will ever get tired of doing retcons if they help to develop the story marvel or the editor and writer need or want to tell at the moment and even during the time marvel supported the axis retcon they made sure to leave some things unexplained so there could be space for them getting the family together :like never explaining in clear terms who Wanda and Pietro´s father was or Vision erasing what he knew from his memory so he would not upset Wanda, or Agatha just not wanting to share that little fact with Wanda in her solo series, all of this got the go ahead from marvel and the reason most probably was because they wanted to leave the door open for future stories between the twins and their father.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 08:03 PM.

We are talking about marvel who decided one day to undo a very popular marriage between Mary Jane and Spider-man with a retcon and then decided to undo it with another retcon. So I don´t think it will ever get tired of doing retcons if they help to develop the story marvel or the editor and writer need or want to tell at the moment and even during the time marvel supported the axis retcon they made sure to leave some things unexplained so there could be space for them getting the family together :like never explaining in clear terms who Wanda and Pietro´s father was or Vision erasing what he knew from his memory so he would not upset Wanda, or Agatha just not wanting to share that little fact with Wanda in her solo series, all of this got the go ahead from marvel and the reason most probably was because they wanted to leave the door open for future stories between the twins and their father.
    Spidey is a completely different thing because he's in many books that tell his narrative, so the year of his stories doesn't end up just being about yet another retcon. He also hasn't been retconned as much as Wanda. She's been retconned almost as much as Donna Troy, who was retconned so much that writers didn't know what to do with her and just stopped using her. Wanda doesn't need another retcon, ever. She's filled the quota. If it'd be Mags that murdered Natalya, that'd be awful. It's already bad enough that he killed Pietro. And the only reason that doesn't stick is because Wanda undid it. That wasn't why they didn't have Vision say what he erased or Agatha, it was so that they had conversation with people that backed up that it was retconned. They knew but didn't want to hurt her. She found out through her own magic. Since Agatha is more adept, she probably knew all along. It's a, if she knew more than Wanda magic wise, how didn't she know cover. And Vision has tapped into many information outlets. There's likely a reason he'd know as well. It's just creating stories. Agatha also knew her children "weren't real" even though they technically were, just different types of beings other than human. That wasn't written so they could bring back her sons. It was just to write them out of her life. And they never came back the same way. Since Billy and Tommy are different and only possess their souls and aren't technically her children. And that didn't happen until over a couple decades later.