View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree I would hate if marvel made it so Magneto killed Natalya for no reason, I hope it doesnīt happen, still I believe the reason why they didnīt take the steps to actually tell the entire story about the twins is because they planned to undo it from the beggining hence we have Vision keeping his mounth closed and Agatha and even Natalya just chaging the subject when they could have easily said to Wando who her father was but with the way marvel leave the story they donīt even need to retell the story about Natalya, just say their father was magneto, he lived a big part of his life on Europe looking for Magda so itīs not far fetched to see him and Natalya meeting and having a relationship. Wanda can keep her mystic roots with her mother while Pietro gets the relationship with Magneto back.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree I would hate if marvel made it so Magneto killed Natalya for no reason, I hope it doesnīt happen, still I believe the reason why they didnīt tade the steps to actually tell the entire story about the twins is because they planned to undo it from the beggining hence Vision keeping his mounth closed and Agatha and even Natalya just chaging the subject when they could easily said to Wando who her father was but with the way marvel leave the story they donīt even need to retell the story about Natalya, just say their father was magneto, he lived a big part of his life on Europe looking for Magda so itīs not far fetched to see him and Natalya meeting and having a relationship. Wanda can keep her mystic roots with her mother while Pietro gets the relationship with Magneto back.
    I think it's because they didn't really care to establish it. They just needed to undo it, because of the movies and because they said that Mags being their father ages them too much. I don't like the mystic roots being with the mother, because it depicts a very stereotypical and pretty racist depiction of Romani. It's better for her to keep that link with Chthon. Which confusingly enough she still has, and still has the link to Agatha. So the link to the mom being a mystical Romani woman (which never would happen anyway), doesn't make sense. At all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

then she needs to be Magdaīs child again given sheīs the one directly linked to Chton on the scene of the birth of the children or even when marvel made Chton take over Pietroīs body because he was a "child of magda" magda was also romani and as far as we know never had any link to magic.

But well I guess we will see more about Wandaīs relationship with Chton on the darkhold story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

then she needs to be Magdaīs child again given sheīs the one directly linked to Chton on the scene of the birth of the children or even when marvel made Chton take over Pietroīs body because he was a "child of magda" magda was also romani and as far as we know never had any link to magic.

But well I guess we will see more about Wandaīs relationship with Chton on the darkhold story.
    She doesn't need to be her kid again, just remove the bad stuff from Natalya. Natalya has at least the benefit of being a Maximoff who is the family the twins recognize as their own. And are Roma. Switching Wanda from Roma, to Sinti, to Roma again is also weird. There really needs to be much more Chthon. He hasn't been in anything in a long while.

I think that would require a bigger retcon but well lest agree to disagree.

I heard the author of Darkhold is doing his homework by reading Childrenīs Crusade so lest hope he gives a more well done explanation for the life force and Wandaīs relationship with Dr Doom. I am actually interested to see where he will take the story.

I think that would require a bigger retcon but well lest agree to disagree.

I heard the author of Darkhold is doing his homework by reading Childrenīs Crusade so lest hope he gives a more well done explanation for the life force and Wandaīs relationship with Dr Doom. I am actually interested to see where he will take the story.
    Not really, because Natalya would still be her mother. Just not be a stereotype. Which is never something that should stay in comics.

I'm interested to see where that book goes too.

But Robinson kind of made a big deal about her having a close link with magic by blood so a new writer would have to completely rewrite Natalyaīs story and then make another story about how Wanda is related to Chton in the first place, because the one canon image we have of their relationship is the one where Magda is giving birth to the twins. But yes, this also can be done, it really depends what marvel plans to do in the future.

I hope he takes other themes from Avengers Childrenīs crusade like Tommy and Billy and Pietro being around. I actually miss Tommy a lot he deserves to be something more than just Billyīs twin, him and Pietro could have an interesting relationship. Itīs also been said they will be around for Empyre.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 09:12 PM.

But Robinson kind of made a big deal about her having a close link with magic by blood so a new writer would have to completely rewrite Natalyaīs story and then make another story about how Wanda is related to Chton in the first place, because the one canon image we have of their relationship is the one where Magda is giving birth to the twins. But yes, this also can be done, it really depends what marvel plans to do in the future.

I hope he takes other themes from Avengers Childrenīs crusade like Tommy and Billy and Pietro being around. I actually miss Tommy a lot he deserves to be something more than just Billyīs twin, him and Pietro could have an interesting relationship. Itīs also been said they will be around for Empyre.
    Another story about Wanda's link to Chthon isn't necessary, because it's still in place. It was not retconned out. Natalya would just not have to practice magic. Wanda got natural abilities from Chthon, and learned how to control them via Agatha's teachings. Not much change.

She should at least talk to the boys. I know they aren't technically her's and that's weird for her, but there is still a link. It's emotional because her sons are still gone, but they still live on in a way in Billy and Tommy. And I hope that gives her some sort of peace.

Natalya gave birth to the twins in Serbia not Mt. Wundagore where Chthon has been prisoner for hundreds of years so yes I think a new story for her link to him is in order, even Agatha explanation of her link to him back in Anvegers Vol.3 has the basis of her being born on Mt. Wundagore.

I think itīs hard on both sides, for example Tommy comes from a home where his parets got divorced and then he was send to jail because of his powers so he fears rejection by a new parental figure, so I can see him being less nervous approaching Pietro than Wanda given their similarities in power, for Billy itīs easier because he got to meet wanda and also has his parents but writers have not really do much to develop them as mother and Son.

Natalya gave birth to the twins in Serbia not Mt. Wundagore where Chthon has been prisoner for hundreds of years so yes I think a new story for her link to him is in order, even Agatha explanation of her link to him back in Anvegers Vol.3 has the basis of her being born on Mt. Wundagore.

I think itīs hard on both sides, for example Tommy comes from a home where his parets got divorced and then he was send to jail because of his powers so he fears rejection by a new parental figure, so I can see him being less nervous approaching Pietro than Wanda given their similarities in power, for Billy itīs easier because he got to meet wanda and also has his parents but writers have not really do much to develop them as mother and Son.
    Mount Wundagore is on the border of Serbia and Romania, so it's all the same. They just gave them a real country association. It's like when the handbooks had put Latveria close to Hungary. It's just the real world association to the fictional location.

Tommy met Wanda at the end of CC. It's just that he's kind of standoffish about everything.

Being born on a neighbour country is quite different to being born on Mt.Wundagore iself the same night where the prison that hold Chthon was weakening, so yes, I still think a new story is in order to explain this, and also explain then what happened to Magdaīs children but I would like that explained on a Magneto story.

I donīt think Tommy is standoffish at all, he just had a very natural reaction in meeting a virtual stranger that his virtual brother said was their mother. I think writers unfairly are kind of threating him worse than Pietro, he at least gets a few stories while Tommy is sometimes talked about by Teddy and Billy. I liked that he went off to have a job a be a part time super hero, he just needs to have more stories to develop more his personality,if he meet Luna that would also be great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't remember Reed's manipulation of his kids. I remember him slapping Sue out of being Malice. I remember him being too engrossed in science. I don't remember manipulation.
    In the current FF / X-Men mini, Reed has altered Franklin’s ability to be recognised as a mutant without his knowledge or consent.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Being born on a neighbour country is quite different to being born on Mt.Wundagore iself the same night where the prison that hold Chthon was weakening, so yes, I still think a new story is in order to explain this, and also explain then what happened to Magdaīs children but I would like that explained on a Magneto story.

I donīt think Tommy is standoffish at all, he just had a very natural reaction in meeting a virtual stranger that his virtual brother said was their mother. I think writers unfairly are kind of threating him worse than Pietro, he at least gets a few stories while Tommy is sometimes talked about by Teddy and Billy. I liked that he went off to have a job a be a part time super hero, he just needs to have more stories to develop more his personality,if he meet Luna that would also be great imo.
    She wasn't born in a neighboring country. Mount Wundagore is right there on the border. So part of it is in Serbia, the other in Romania.

No, Tommy jokes about his standoffish personality. He just doesn't show a lot of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    In the current FF / X-Men mini, Reed has altered Franklin’s ability to be recognised as a mutant without his knowledge or consent.
    Is this to keep the Krakoans from kidnapping Franklin?

The in those years Chthon has been there and his influence can go even to other countries, he should have tried to posses a lot of babies born there, not just Wanda or Pietro imo, and that should have gotten the atention of the the people interested in keeping him a prisoner, including Morgan Le fey, if he really could do that it doesnīt make sense at all that he didnīt try at least but I donīt think we will ever agree and marvel sometimes doesnīt really care if their retcons make sense or not, so lest just wait and see If the retcon will be undone or if Wanda and Pietro will be given a proper origin story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 10:06 PM.