View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The in those years Chthon has been there and his influence can go even to other countries, he should have tried to posses a lot of babies born there, not just Wanda or Pietro imo, and that should have gotten the action of the the people interested in keeping him a prisoner, including Morgan Le fey, if he really could do that it doesnīt make sense at all that he didnīt try at least but I donīt think we will ever agree.
    In Wanda's situation it was written later that his attraction was to her because of her nexus being status. She had the capability of holding a fraction of his power. Enough for him to create a link. So that he could use her later to break free from his earthly prison. That's not a situation that would be likely for most civilians.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

His link to her was all about being born on Mt. Wundagore otherwise he would not have been able to influence her in any way and given his main interest is to get free, nexus being or not nexus being, he would have tried to posses other babies, just like he wanted to get free using Victoria Montesi and later why he tried to use Pietro for this same end. Even the darkhold story solicit is all about being free, this time using Dr Doom.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

His link to her was all about being born on Mt. Wundagore otherwise he would not have been able to influence her in any way and given his main interest is to get free, nexus being or not nexus being, he would have tried to posses other babies, just like he wanted to get free using Victoria Montesi and later why he tried to use Pietro for this same end.

That's not what was written later in the books. It did have to do with her ability to hold his power. He only used Pietro to convey a message. He can't link his powers to him. Just possess him. He can possess anyone, but it was more likely that would happen if someone read from the Darkhold.

Do you have the images? I have not read that part.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Do you have the images? I have not read that part.
    I'd have to dig into my comics but the nexus being status was established sometime in the 80s.

Donīt worry, we can talk about it some other time and I know it can be messy, Havok from the X-men is supposed to be a nexus being but I donīt know whatīs that supposed to mean.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2020 at 10:26 PM.

No one really knows. There's a few people that have it. It's very vague. Her's allows her to exist in all possible timelines, all potential realities. But was also used to explain how she got a sudden power up, could teleport at times, etc. There are times where I feel like Wanda needs a reboot. Something to get rid of all the excess, retold stuff, that makes things just more confusing. But I also know that they'll just make things a confusing mess again. Because different writers do different things.

Agreed, I think a mini series thatīs about her origins and Pietroīs(I really think marvel should do one for each twin) would do her well to re-explain her story without neccesarily adding another retcon on top of the others, something like "Bookīs of Doom" or even the "Vision series" centered on her alone to explain the different phases of her story and make it a cohesive narrative. One of the reasons I enjoyed so much Avengers Vol. 3 was because the writers make it so easy to understand different stories without having to re-read all the original stuff and explained it in a way that made sense.

I get why people liked Bendis original take on the Avengers given his style feel a little more lead by action but his main weakness always was the previous canon of the characters, Avengers Vol.3 have a more old school traditional way of telling stories but it helps the reader to get the main themes of the characters.

Agreed, I think a mini series thatīs about her origins and Pietroīs(I really think marvel should do one for each twin) would do her well to re-explain her story without neccesarily adding another retcon on top of the others, something like "Bookīs of Doom" or even the "Vision series" centered on her alone to explain the different phases of her story and make it a cohesive narrative. One of the reasons I enjoyed so much Avengers Vol. 3 was because the writers make it so easy to understand different stories without having to re-read all the original stuff and explained it in a way that made sense.

I get why people liked Bendis original take on the Avengers given his style feel a little more lead by action but his main weakness always was the previous canon of the characters, Avengers Vol.3 have a more old school traditional way of telling stories but it helps the reader to get the main themes of the characters.
    My problem with Bendis' is it doesn't get rid of previous canon. So some of his rewrites were difficult to deal with. Because it didn't retcon stuff, or get rid of it completely. It just created confusing canon. Because it just ignored what came before. It was the idgaf approach, lol. The worst was him ignoring his own with how Stephen lost and regained the SS title.

Agreed, he got similar criticism when he was the main writer for X-men, he made some interesting stories with the original five but yes, his continuity is his main weakness I agree.

Still I think Wanda and Pietro need to re-tell their stories in one cohesive narrative for modern readers so they and future writers can see what makes them tick and what are their main themes are characters. Magneto also needs one imo, Magneto Testament was excellent but it was about his childhood and teenagers years, he needs a little more cohesive narrative for stories made when heīs an adult.

Agreed, he got similar criticism when he was the main writer for X-men, he made some interesting stories with the original five but yes, his continuity is his main weakness I agree.

Still I think Wanda and Pietro need to re-tell their stories in one cohesive narrative for modern readers so they and future writers can see what makes them tick and what are their main themes are characters. Magneto also needs one imo, Magneto Testament was excellent but it was about his childhood and teenagers years, he needs a little more cohesive narrative for stories made when heīs an adult.
    It would be nice for them to get something like that for sure.

Yes lest hope it happens or something similar at one point.

Extraordinary Member

Given Natalya was killed on Wundagore I think it was implied she was killed by Chton, Magneto could still be the twins father in the sense that he had a relationship with Natalya but also they developed a link with Chton at their birth and thatīs why Natalya said, their "father" killed them. I havea head canon that precisely this link is the one that has made their lives so difficut and caothic.

Vision seems to be the only one who knows the truth because he read it from the HE archives but he hide it because he thought the truth would only "destroy wanda" This is art from Vol. 2 of the vision series that didnīt get to be published but itīs supposed to be canon and here Viv vison pairs Natalya with Magneto as Wanda and Pietroīs children.

About Wanda and Magneto relationship. I think their familiar relationship gives them a different lenses than the one they would have if they were not related, I think it was significative the the one person wanda asked for during her big crisis with the avengers was magneto, I think it was interesting she made an honest effort of developing a relationship with him during the 80īs and the she invited him to the birth of her twins, or the fact that even in her solo series she desperately wanted to get confirmation over wether heīs or isnīt her father. We can love or hate or be indifferent to their relationship but itīs there and emotionally speaking both twins recognize Magneto at some level as part of their family or at least part of their story even if they didnīt think it was a positive one.
    Well, that is thing when the characters in question are controlled by different offices. When one of them needs to serve a different purpose, the link between them will need be altered as well.
    Like how they need Mag go back to his villainy and where was the "rebuilding of relationship" again?
    So to remain stable, they will have to be very independent and their relationship none-consequential in the end.

Extraordinary Member

His link to her was all about being born on Mt. Wundagore otherwise he would not have been able to influence her in any way and given his main interest is to get free, nexus being or not nexus being, he would have tried to posses other babies, just like he wanted to get free using Victoria Montesi and later why he tried to use Pietro for this same end. Even the darkhold story solicit is all about being free, this time using Dr Doom.

Victoria Montesi conceived through Darkhold magic, which makes her legit child of Chthon. She is not just a random baby.
    I think "thralls" like Modred, Morgan Le Fay and Doom work very different from "offspring" like Wanda, Pietro, Victoria.
    They will need to willingly summon Chthon, Morgan wanted power but terminated the ritual half way through when she realized she cannot control an Elder God, Modred walked into a trap and willingly gave up his soul for his wife Janice.
    So basically he can possess/control his own "offspring", or he will need to trick powerful magic users to do his bidding out of free will(at least the part where they agree to serve, Modred is certainly more of a slave when Chthon's influence is strong.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I had read way before that article that it was. Hmm, that had to have been misinformation. But it was way back before the internet was popular use, and comics sites were webrings. Thanks for the clarification.

Wanda also looks like Marya or Natalya.
    I think Wanda's mum will always be designed to look like Wanda no matter who it will be.