View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Donīt worry, we can talk about it some other time and I know it can be messy, Havok from the X-men is supposed to be a nexus being but I donīt know whatīs that supposed to mean.
    As explained in Wanda's first solo and Avengers run at the same time, there would be only one Nexus Being in one reality.
    Lore basically kill one NB and moved on to the next reality. Every NB has a theme power of some sort, lore has Necromancy, Wanda has probability.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    My problem with Bendis' is it doesn't get rid of previous canon. So some of his rewrites were difficult to deal with. Because it didn't retcon stuff, or get rid of it completely. It just created confusing canon. Because it just ignored what came before. It was the idgaf approach, lol. The worst was him ignoring his own with how Stephen lost and regained the SS title.
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't do research (if he did Disassembled and HOM, would never happen); he prefers to "reinvent" characters to suit his stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, as a Wanda fan I feel more comfortable with an Elder God as her sort of father figure.
    And what exact influence does Mag have? I wouldn't even consider it positive or negative, just random and pointless.
    Like, "sleep in Mag's HQ and wake up full evil" is certainly something I don't care for, and don't fool yourself thinking she would get this development anyway despite her "family connection".
    I like the Cthon connection but he's more of a shady presence while she has more contact with Magneto and they have had a father daughter dynamic, both good and bad, through the years. When the writers do things with them it's great, unfortunately they don't do it as much as they should. It's like an event rather than a cameo. Magneto showing up in the Avengers occasionally to see her is fantastic story potential but it never happens. I'd have loved this to occur in Busiek's Avengers when Wanda had the spotlight, for example. They do have a complicated relationship, Magneto has with all his children and he never is around them much. Polaris in a constant in the X-line and rarely interacts with him. I'm not sur where you're going with the last sentence. Wanda being evil is more from bad writing than Magneto. When things went badly on M-Day he protected her from a mob of X-men, and forgave her no questions asked. One of the rare moments where he's a good father.

Edit: Also, nice username I guess, don't know if it's Mistborn related, but cool nevertheless.
    You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    she has more contact with Magneto and they have had a father daughter dynamic, both good and bad, through the years.
    He has shown up maybe a handful of times. She hates him, he tries to get her at his side, he leaves wounded or the Avengers rescue her. That's not a father/daughter dynamic. That's a few poisonous interactions. The only good was in HoM and CC and through HoM she was comatose and then at the end he murdered Quicksilver, so whoops.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I like the Cthon connection but he's more of a shady presence while she has more contact with Magneto and they have had a father daughter dynamic, both good and bad, through the years. When the writers do things with them it's great, unfortunately they don't do it as much as they should. It's like an event rather than a cameo. Magneto showing up in the Avengers occasionally to see her is fantastic story potential but it never happens. I'd have loved this to occur in Busiek's Avengers when Wanda had the spotlight, for example. They do have a complicated relationship, Magneto has with all his children and he never is around them much. Polaris in a constant in the X-line and rarely interacts with him. I'm not sur where you're going with the last sentence. Wanda being evil is more from bad writing than Magneto. When things went badly on M-Day he protected her from a mob of X-men, and forgave her no questions asked. One of the rare moments where he's a good father.

You got it!
    They are,at best fan fic material for fans who feel like to draw an art work out of it.
    And what you said is exactly why some may not care, since nothing significant came out of this relationship.
    While some still want to dig this potential, others may just want to move on, especially after HoM.

And the thing with Chthon, is that he is exactly what he is supposed to be, while Mag's status shift a lot. There is clarity in Chthon, Django and Marya Maximoff.
    Of course, ambiguity also makes good storytelling, which is why I like Modred the Mystic, but I don't think it works with Magneto, since he is governed by another office and X-Office is who decide who he is supposed to be like at a certain time and stage. So when it comes to the twins, it's not really about guessing "if he is evil", it's simply their attitude, and I prefer them making up their mind.
    And I am pretty content with Wanda claiming Django is her real father and he died at Wundagore, closure it is.

Sure the fundamental problem is bad writing which is the source of most problems, but I am saying this connection invite this kind of writing.
    When Magneto's status shift back to being a villain, some would think about adding such pointless transition to Wanda as well.
    And I am not talking about characters' action in stories, I am talking about why her status as Mag's daughter sometimes makes her the perfect plot device to stir up drama, which is unwanted by her fans.
    I don't think Wanda fans honestly care about Mag's forgiveness anyway, they probably just don't want her being that "Mutant Princess" in the first place you know?

I definitely don't care. Because he'll act like he cares then come back again and try to manipulate her. And I agree that they changed Wanda to make her that plot device. Because it seems like her personality would match with him at times. Which never should have happened. Making her unstable suddenly just like dad and ok at other times. It's brought about the worst stories for her. And Princess Wanda is such utter garbage in opposition to her actual personality.

Astonishing Member

They are,at best fan fic material for fans who feel like to draw an art work out of it.
    And what you said is exactly why some may not care, since nothing significant came out of this relationship.
    While some still want to dig this potential, others may just want to move on, especially after HoM.
    Nope. Children's Crusade and House of M does this and well. It's not about the art, that's dismissive.

And the thing with Chthon, is that he is exactly what he is supposed to be, while Mag's status shift a lot. There is clarity in Chthon, Django and Marya Maximoff.
    Of course, ambiguity also makes good storytelling, which is why I like Modred the Mystic, but I don't think it works with Magneto, since he is governed by another office and X-Office is who decide who he is supposed to be like at a certain time and stage. So when it comes to the twins, it's not really about guessing "if he is evil", it's simply their attitude, and I prefer them making up their mind.
    And I am pretty content with Wanda claiming Django is her real father and he died at Wundagore, closure it is.
    The relationship he has with the twins is more complex than you're giving it credit for. It gets heated, but it can be tender, as well. AS I explained its not exclusive to the X-line keeping magneto to themselves. Polaris is never in his presence very long, for instance, and she's their half sister. The twins can have two "fathers."

Sure the fundamental problem is bad writing which is the source of most problems, but I am saying this connection invite this kind of writing.
    When Magneto's status shift back to being a villain, some would think about adding such pointless transition to Wanda as well.
    And I am not talking about characters' action in stories, I am talking about why her status as Mag's daughter sometimes makes her the perfect plot device to stir up drama, which is unwanted by her fans.
    Nothing about this invited bad writing, unless the writer isn't giving their all. Except it ween't not simply be to stir up drama, that needs to change and it would if it was a priority for editorial. It's not, that's the problem.

I don't think Wanda fans honestly care about Mag's forgiveness anyway, they probably just don't want her being that "Mutant Princess" in the first place you know?
    I don't think you understand Wanda fans as much as you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Who proceeded to STEAL the comicbook character Polaris' weight for his own purposes!

THIEF!
    Is Lorna having a moment? LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Nope. Children's Crusade and House of M does this and well. It's not about the art, that's dismissive.

The relationship he has with the twins is more complex than you're giving it credit for. It gets heated, but it can be tender, as well. AS I explained its not exclusive to the X-line keeping magneto to themselves. Polaris is never in his presence very long, for instance, and she's their half sister. The twins can have two "fathers."

Nothing about this invited bad writing, unless the writer isn't giving their all. Except it ween't not simply be to stir up drama, that needs to change and it would if it was a priority for editorial. It's not, that's the problem.

The twins have one father. Django. He raised them, along with Marya. That's what's in the books. Mags never raised them and never spent much time around them. He was a sperm donor, and was retconned out. 6 years ago now. Django is still canon.

Changing Wanda's personality suddenly to make her more like dear old dad is bad writing.

They do understand Wanda. They've read about her too. I have as well. Thousands of comics. And I fail to see where you pulled the father/daughter dynamic from. CC having him protect her from the X-Men doesn't make up for it. Neither does HoM where he ends that by killing Pietro. Wanda was never a princess type. Please point out in canon where she was before the HoM mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The twins have one father. Django. He raised them, along with Marya. That's what's in the books. Mags never raised them and never spent much time around them. He was a sperm donor, and was retconned out. 6 years ago now. Django is still canon.
    Which is why I said two fathers, not that Magneto is her only "father."

Changing Wanda's personality suddenly to make her more like dear old dad is bad writing.
    You're ignoring how explosive their relationship has been with each other, that's why I called it complicated. She was cursing out Magneto for being a bad father and human being in House of M. If anything, this humanises them all. There was no fairy tale ending here. He didn't get that with her half sister, Lorna, either.

They do understand Wanda. They've read about her too. I have as well. Thousands of comics. And I fail to see where you pulled the father/daughter dynamic from. CC having him protect her from the X-Men doesn't make up for it. Neither does HoM where he ends that by killing Pietro. Wanda was never a princess type. Please point out in canon where she was before the HoM mess.
    I disagree. Discounting their moments in House of M isn't enough to say it didn't exist, it was there to build from. What's wrong is that Marvel rarely acts on it, not that they don't share a connection. Characters relationships can change, and what is this "princess type" nonsense? Lorna is closer than she is to Magneto and the plans in X-Factor are to make her a detective in Krakoa. The only thing I can see where this "princess" thing does from is the Wolverine and X-men cartoon - which altered the setting to make them princesses in Genosha.

BANNED

"oh there is a conection but witout any canon stories to back it up"
    So its a popular concept that is relevant for fluf and shallow knowledge of the books because anyone with minimal knowledge knows the twins and magneto had a papper thin conection born from a retcon?
    Maximoffrash is 100 % correct, its a concept that has legs because of popular fan headcanon that is so prevalent people assume its canon.

It's explosive because its bad, its a terrible conection that has never created a single decent story in all those decades, there is no point in reversing it EVER
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-08-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, did you actually get what I am saying? Most of their interactions comes down to "pleasing the family fans" and nothing more. I am not really talking about art here.
    I am saying they inspired a lot of fan artists/writers to do bunch of fan arts/fanfics, but that's mostly where the appeal begins and ends.

Is that so? From my perspective, it's more like certain fans wanting this relationship to be more than it is. The most complicated part of their relationship comes from them governed by different offices. And that's really a "technical issue" due to how the Marvel Comics run its offices.

You sure about this when HoM is right there as the primary example? Sure, she would probably be the device for Avengers Dissembled, but not really for the drama in HoM if she didn't have the Magneto connection.

I am a Wanda fan, and I believe in whatever that historically benefit her and what I personally like, and what fellow fans point out.
    Let's be real here, you can claim to be a Wanda fan from various form of media, that's fine, but it's important to realize where her actual interest lies, and it's never the X-lines.
    No matter what a big deal some may want to make out of it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-08-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well, did you actually get what I am saying? Most of their interactions comes down to "pleasing the family fans" and nothing more. I am not really talking about art here.
    I am saying they inspired a lot of fan artists/writers to do bunch of fan arts/fanfics, but that's mostly where the appeal begins and ends.
    I'm not interested in what other fans think, this is strictly a conversation between two Wanda fans. Whatever other fans do has no influence to how I came to my opinions on Wanda's relationship with Magneto. Whoever those fans are, I'm not one of them and have never articulated my opinions to echo those opinions so I'm not sure where you got that from. All that you're speaking of is meta commentary, which are subjects that don't have anything to do with my opinions in-universe of the characters.

Is that so? From my perspective, it's more like certain fans wanting this relationship to be more than it is. The most complicated part of their relationship comes from them governed by different offices. And that's really a "technical issue" due to how the Marvel Comics run its offices.
    While this isn't wrong, I'm not speaking about it on the meta level when I categorise their relationship as "complicated." The two have a messy relationship which goes from high highs to low lows and no in-between, that's why its complicated. They don't have a standard family relationship - Magneto is incapable of doing that with any of his children. Pietro and Lorna get their own twisted relationships with him.

You sure about this when HoM is right there as the primary example? Sure, she would probably be the device for Avengers Dissembled, but not really for the drama in HoM if she didn't have the Magneto connection.
    I'm not only using House of M, there's also Children's Crusade. Avengers Disassembled is very bad writing. House of M wouldn't have happened had Bendis not read Darker than Scarlet, he didn't just make it up whole cloth he was heavily inspired by Byrne's Scarlet Witch who wanted to redo the Phoenix saga with Wanda.

I am a Wanda fan, and I believe in whatever that historically benefit her and what I personally like, and what fellow fans point out.
    Let's be real here, you can claim to be a Wanda fan from various form of media, that's fine, but it's important to realize where her actual interest lies, and it's never the X-lines.
    No matter what a big deal some may want to make out of it.
    I became a Wanda fan though Busiek's 90's Avengers run, the only reason I bought up the cartoon is to figure out how you got that "princess" description of Wanda, which remains unexplained. Except Wanda's problems aren't strictly with the X-office, a massive part of how badly she's been hurt has been with storylines in Avengers titles. Wanda had a good run in Uncanny Avengers, all it takes is for her to have someone to protect her in the X-titles, like every character. For too many years she's had nobody, post-House of M.

BANNED

I'm not interested in what other fans think, this is strictly a conversation between two Wanda fans. Whatever other fans do has no influence to how I came to my opinions on Wanda's relationship with Magneto. Whoever those fans are, I'm not one of them and have never articulated my opinions to echo those opinions so I'm not sure where you got that from. All that you're speaking of is meta commentary, which are subjects that don't have anything to do with my opinions in-universe of the characters.

While this isn't wrong, I'm not speaking about it on the meta level when I categorise their relationship as "complicated." The two have a messy relationship which goes from high highs to low lows and no in-between, that's why its complicated. They don't have a standard family relationship - Magneto is incapable of doing that with any of his children. Pietro and Lorna get their own twisted relationships with him.

I'm not only using House of M, there's also Children's Crusade. Avengers Disassembled is very bad writing. House of M wouldn't have happened had Bendis not read Darker than Scarlet, he didn't just make it up whole cloth he was heavily inspired by Byrne's Scarlet Witch who wanted to redo the Phoenix saga with Wanda.

I became a Wanda fan though Busiek's 90's Avengers run, the only reason I bought up the cartoon is to figure out how you got that "princess" description of Wanda, which remains unexplained. Except Wanda's problems aren't strictly with the X-office, a massive part of how badly she's been hurt has been with storylines in Avengers titles. Wanda had a good run in Uncanny Avengers, all it takes is for her to have someone to protect her in the X-titles, like every character. For too many years she's had nobody, post-House of M.
    where are the highs? quickly.
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-08-2020 at 07:08 AM.

BANNED

I cannot think of a single time besides HoM that mags was "there" for her, and even that example is too sordid in terms of writting qualty to be taken seriously