View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jan Duursema!!!

X-Men Unlimited #2 Sep 1993
    "Point Blank"
    Magneto falls under the crosshairs of a dangerous assassin, a man called Adrian Eiskalt.

A montage with no footnotes shows:
    A scene with the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, circa Uncanny X-Men #4.
    What is probably the first Asteroid M from Uncanny X-Men #5
    Magneto's fight with the Avengers in New Mutants #40.
    A picture of Ka-Zar and Zabu, from circa Uncanny X-Men #274.
    Magneto getting reverted to childhood in Defenders #15-16.

Magneto becoming headmaster of Xavier's school after UXM #200. Magneto's trial from X-Men vs. the Avengers #1-4. Working with his children Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch circa AWC #56-57.

Writer: Fabian Nicieza and Penciler: Jan Duursema https://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/j...rsema-birthday

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    His link to her was all about being born on Mt. Wundagore otherwise he would not have been able to influence her in any way and given his main interest is to get free, nexus being or not nexus being, he would have tried to posses other babies, just like he wanted to get free using Victoria Montesi and later why he tried to use Pietro for this same end. Even the darkhold story solicit is all about being free, this time using Dr Doom.

In order to introduce the MCU Chthon might the MCU Quicksilver's corpse be used to make it happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not what was written later in the books. It did have to do with her ability to hold his power. He only used Pietro to convey a message. He can't link his powers to him. Just possess him. He can possess anyone, but it was more likely that would happen if someone read from the Darkhold.
    Do you have the images? I have not read that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd have to dig into my comics but the nexus being status was established sometime in the 80s.
    Donīt worry, we can talk about it some other time and I know it can be messy,
    Havok from the X-men is supposed to be a nexus being
    but I donīt know whatīs that supposed to mean.
    Whaaaaaattttt!

What do you mean what? This was a conversation we had back in April? Why was it necro'd?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

So far, Trial of Magneto has not undone the Axis Retcon. Are you outraged?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think there's little reason to expect the retcon of the retcon of the retcon to get retconned. I think there were really good stories with them as the children of Magneto and it's a shame to have those stories undermined. Quicksilver, especially, has always felt firmly rooted in his mutant-ness (although, maybe, this distinction can allow Northstar some room to breathe). I would at least love some ambiguity of the idea that Wanda could possibly have undone their mutant status at M-Day by altering reality and making it so they were never mutants (I believe the reverse has been retconned for Franklin Richards). However, I think they'll stay with the status quo for the foreseeable future.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Magneto's children, NUFF SAID.

I want it revealed at somepoint that the High Evolutionary was BSing about their genes (they are mutants) in an attempt to claim ownership over the children of Magneto. You can have it that Maximoffs raised them (bending the rules without breaking them by making them surrogate parents).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Why not both? If I'm correct, Magneto being their biological father was itself a retcon, so why not loop the two retcons together?

Make it so they were his kids, but they were born without the X-Gene. Erik abandoned his family and during their childhood they got abducted and experimented on by the High Evolutionary.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Wanda doesn't really even need the High Evolutionary. Her powers come from Chthon. The Maximoffs make the parentage thing less messy. I think they are going with Magneto considering himself like a dad but not really being the twins father.

But it still makes the time he forced the Scarlet Witch to do a seductive dance for him very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Why not both? If I'm correct, Magneto being their biological father was itself a retcon, so why not loop the two retcons together?

Make it so they were his kids, but they were born without the X-Gene. Erik abandoned his family and during their childhood they got abducted and experimented on by the High Evolutionary.
    Yeah first they were just orphans, then their parents were Ms America and the Whizzer, then Magneto and Madga and now Natalia Maximoff and unknown

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah first they were just orphans, then their parents were Ms America and the Whizzer, then Magneto and Madga and now Natalia Maximoff and unknown
    What I see is that there have always been "a lot of moving parts" on the twins' origin.

My line/thought says that Mr. Sinister had already worked with High Ev, possibly sharing samples, and that somewhere along the way, Magnetos's samples were included.

I think the twins were modified infants or pre-births that did have Magneto's DNA in the mix (but possibly others) and that High Ev was basically trying to

create "artificial" mutants. So to me, the twins are 'virtual' mutants, have DNA of someone else (so not really a parent, Magneto)
    were given over to the Maximoffs, etc.

But the other moving parts are 1) Chton was there all along, possibly Morgan Le Fay, and their magical influences also guided or pushed the ends of Wanda's birth and
    2) The Franks, Whizzer and Miss America were in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc. It seems possible that High Ev may have studied them and their powers potentials. (Whizzer's powers may have been duplicated / "recreated" for Pietro ) Maybe he thought that this experiment should go to America with Whizzer but he had a plan B?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel is seemingly going with Mags considering himself like a father than there being any biological link. Which is probably their way of pleasing both sides.

I think the Avengers editors believe in the Axis retcon and the X-Men editors don't.

Magneto has more kids, so I'd just really like to see them all interact.

BANNED

In the comics they are to interact...

BANNED

...and ALSO in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!