View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If A:EMH and WATX continued there was to be a crossover I bet they would have joined the Avengers. But ya I agree with they had plenty of stories before the Magneto father retcon came to be. People say it makes the characters more interesting but all I really remember truly about this relationship is Quicksilver yells angrily at him, before Marvel decided to rebadguy Magneto I was hoping for a story with both him and Quicksilver discussing the not father relationship and see if it can be two former villains trying to do good.
    It's really not likely that a character will be completely shifted to another animation especially with them making Wanda the ruler of Genosha, which is a very weird development for her classic version.
    WATX already expand their Magneto ties more than it should have, like they somehow seem to be raised by Magneto all along and are happy to be this kind of royalty, but sorry, Magnus Royalty is probably the last thing the twins would have accepted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    House of M really should have been Set's handiwork, and led into a war between Set and Arishem the Judge, given that Wanda effectively delivered retribution and humiliation upon Arishem, punishing him for siding with Gaea.
    Yeah, but Bendis didn't care about others' stories and never intend to build something upon those. Whether it's decades ago or most recent comics before he took over.
    Mystic Arcana gave some hint about Elder Gods connections but they again ignores that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I feel like that story took place before the retcon that made Magneto their parents, but I could be wrong.
    It's before Nigts of Wundagore/Magento recton, if you mean that time Magneto made Wanda dance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The Emerald Warlock would disagree
    He is a relatively new character that didn't really pose long term threat, he would probably ends up like Luminous.

Were those actually established in the story itself? Or are they just pointing out potential issues in the story that can be used?
    1. Not quite, but it does go back to Tom Brevoort's comments that the proof that Magneto was their dad was the word of a Talking Cow
    2. is a backoor. Brought up in Wanda's ongoing that the H.E cannot be trusted
    3. is a backdoor, it was done in the awful counter-evolutionary.
    4. Well Polaris did one

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

OK, since it sounds like those are fan suggested theories, I think my theory can also be added to the list (they were Magneto's children but Wanda altered reality so they weren't). It fits House of M fairly well, it makes it so Pietro was a mutant (which is crucial for Son of M), and the timing is right. It also means it can be reversed through Wanda if they want to but they can keep the status quo while they don't. They can even canonically establish they were once mutants without having to change the current status quo if they want to do that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's really not likely that a character will be completely shifted to another animation especially with them making Wanda the ruler of Genosha, which is a very weird development for her classic version.
    WATX already expand their Magneto ties more than it should have, like they somehow seem to be raised by Magneto all along and are happy to be this kind of royalty, but sorry, Magnus Royalty is probably the last thing the twins would have accepted.
    Their roles on WaTXM were heavily influenced by the success of "House of M," and I guess also by "X-Men: Evolution," which was the first media as far as I recall where the twins were aware from the beginning that they were Magneto's children. By the time they came to make WaTXM and Avengers: EMH it was arguable that the twins were better known to the world as Magneto's children/Brotherhood members than as Avengers, and a lot of media seemed influenced by that (for example, Wanda never appeared in any of the "Marvel Adventures" Avengers stories, and Pietro only appeared once).

I think they wound up in the MCU because Joss Whedon is of an older generation that thinks of Pietro and especially Wanda as Avengers first.

OK, since it sounds like those are fan suggested theories, I think my theory can also be added to the list (they were Magneto's children but Wanda altered reality so they weren't). It fits House of M fairly well, it makes it so Pietro was a mutant (which is crucial for Son of M), and the timing is right.
    how so? he didn't experience the adverse effects that other mutants exposed to terrigen mist did.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    The guy who calls himself Magneto is their father, but the real Magneto was killed in the Avengers/X-men crossover seven years ago (Marvel time) or fifty years ago (our time).
    I can partially agree. I think there's a case to be made that he died on Genosha during the Cassandra Nova-initiated attack. and Wanda might have magicked a new one unknowingly.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    how so? he didn't experience the adverse effects that other mutants exposed to terrigen mist did.
    The whole "Son of M" story was based on the fact that he was so depressed about not being a mutant anymore that he had to find a way to become one again. The Terrigen that existed at the time accelerated mutants' powers and gave humans new ones. His power didn't have an adverse effect because of the nature of it. He's fast, and it made him fast enough to travel to the future and back. The other mutants weren't poisoned by it, they just had their powers so accelerated that it ended up working against them. Like the one who created a bubble so strong that he suffocated inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The whole "Son of M" story was based on the fact that he was so depressed about not being a mutant anymore that he had to find a way to become one again. The Terrigen that existed at the time accelerated mutants' powers and gave humans new ones. His power didn't have an adverse effect because of the nature of it. He's fast, and it made him fast enough to travel to the future and back. The other mutants weren't poisoned by it, they just had their powers so accelerated that it ended up working against them. Like the one who created a bubble so strong that he suffocated inside it.
    is this fact or speculation? because, clearly, t-mist is bad for mutants. Hub and Freakshow also had issues with their powers. they just used Unus (and Callisto) to show that what Pietro was doing was bad.

He did experience the same type of adverse effect - the premise was it gave back their powers on overdrive. Pietro became so superquick he traveled through time. Unus became so untouchable that oxygen didn't go through his shield. But that wasn't what I was talking about. What I was talking about are the themes of the story: the whole idea is that Pietro is willing to go to extremes to save the Mutant race - extremes that others would consider unethical or immoral, but ones he felt necessary to protect his people. The whole idea is that he's becoming the Son of Magneto in deed, not just in blood. Those themes only work if he's a mutant and the son of Magneto.

Now, granted, they technically work if he just thinks those things, but that's seriously undermining the premise.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

is this fact or speculation? because, clearly, t-mist is bad for mutants. Hub and Freakshow also had issues with their powers. they just used Unus (and Callisto) to show that what Pietro was doing was bad.
    The T-Mist wasn't bad for mutants per se. It's like what Mike Murdock said, it gave back their powers on overdrive. Humans can't handle Terrigen, but mutants technically didn't die from poisoning. If a telepath went through the Terrigen Mists, they would probably become a level before omega level. DoX changed this for the sake of their story. What's weird is that Luna was human and she didn't die, but gained powers. I still wouldn't consider her inhuman, but I think they retconned that too.

What was Remender's backdoor?
    During Remender's final Uncanny arc, Vision found something in the High Evolutionary's computers that pertained to Wanda, and whatever it was, it shocked him. The ending had him about to tell Wanda what he'd learned about her, only for him to choose to withhold it to try and make her feel better.

I doubt Remender intended for the secret info to be a retcon of the retcon (since he was clearly building to something he never got to do because of Secret Wars and his exit from Marvel as a whole), but it would be easy to just say the secret info Vision found was that High Evolutionary lied, and that Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's children.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The T-Mist wasn't bad for mutants per se. It's like what Mike Murdock said, it gave back their powers on overdrive. Humans can't handle Terrigen, but mutants technically didn't die from poisoning. If a telepath went through the Terrigen Mists, they would probably become a level before omega level. DoX changed this for the sake of their story. What's weird is that Luna was human and she didn't die, but gained powers. I still wouldn't consider her inhuman, but I think they retconned that too.
    Just to be clear, we should probably distinguish Terrigen from the Terrigen Cloud. Whatever retcons took place in All-New, All-Different were retcons not contained in the original story but the two still have to be reconciled. Its clear that the only way to do that would be to say that the cloud had different effects than pure Terrigen. In fact, the story says as much, although I would suggest the story's argument isn't necessarily consistent with what came before either.