View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Polaris, Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver!

Quote Originally Posted by silverscarlet View Post
    magneto + quicksilver & the scarlet witch = total sense.

Plus, i like the idea of polaris being their half-sister!
    Quote Originally Posted by heroine addict View Post
    yes...

... Like it was meant to be!!!!
    Hear! Hear!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The crazy thing is people that want to bring up the "they were not originally his kids" argument is that when they were changed again they had been his kids longer time wise then they had not been.

1964-1982 Not 18 years
    1982-2014 Yes 32 years

It's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ahahaha. I love In-N-Out Burgers!

I hate the idea of the twins not being mutants. They will always be mutants to me.

But I like them being the (mutant) children of the Whizzer and Miss America.
    I don't know that you can do that now. Wanda has been visited by the spirit of her mother, iirc. it's not Miss America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If they don't make Magento's dream somehow appealing to Wanda, then it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    are you sure? how many of Wanda's big stories involved Magneto? why was Luna kidnapped? Pietro's primary personality traits and Wanda's mental instability have both been attributed to Magneto. i'd say that the relevant part is that it's Magneto's kids who turned on him and joined the Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A few so-called big stories versus decades of stories with Avengers? Do the math please.
    you can't spell Magneto properly. don't lecture me.
    Not true!
    The poster PhoenixThanos created this thread which is named:

Children of Magento yes or no ?

All hail Magento!!! The martes of mangetism!!!
    And his children Wadna, Pierto and Lonra!!!

I don't know that you can do that now. Wanda has been visited by the spirit of her mother, iirc. it's not Miss America.
    Yes, and something about that blood line containing other Scarlet Witches, a title passed on to Wanda. Although I never read of anyone bequething that title to Wanda. I thought that was just a name she chose for her costumed identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, and something about that blood line containing other Scarlet Witches, a title passed on to Wanda. Although I never read of anyone bequething that title to Wanda. I thought that was just a name she chose for her costumed identity.
    Wanda didn't come up with the name, the Villagers chasing her did.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda didn't come up with the name, the Villagers chasing her did.

Note that the guy said that she was a Scarlet Witch. There were other Scarlet Witches before her. Natalya Maximoff was also a Scarlet Witch. Wanda's grandfather was called the Scarlet Warlock. Wanda said in her series that the name just came to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Note that the guy said that she was a Scarlet Witch. There were other Scarlet Witches before her. Natalya Maximoff was also a Scarlet Witch. Wanda's grandfather was called the Scarlet Warlock. Wanda said in her series that the name just came to her.
    It is possible the villagers knew of Natalya and called Wanda it, the block colouring in the flashback doesn't help so she could be wearing red/Scarlet. She or Magneto probably heard the villager and decided to make it her codename.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Not true!
    The poster PhoenixThanos created this thread which is named
    it wasn't a reference to the thread title.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4251975

Astonishing Member

The only reason I dislike the retcon is because it was obviously made with respect to the MCU.

Here's my answer...
    I couldn't pick one from the two choices because mine is a bit different and not so clean cut...

I prefer them to be the son and daughter of Magneto, but without any of them knowing (including Magneto).

I would have one origin story with Magda relating the story to the reader, maybe while Wanda is sleeping, so she never hears.
    The reader would know, but Wanda, Pietro and Magneto would never know the truth.
    Magda would take the secret to her grave.

Wanda would have suspicions, but her subconscious would use her powers to deny it.

If anyone did know, I would have it be Agatha Harkness, but even then she'd choose not to tell Wanda.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I prefer them to be the son and daughter of Magneto, but without any of them knowing (including Magneto).
    As you may already know, that's what John Byrne, Mark Gruenwald etc. originally wanted when they came up with the idea of Magneto being the twins' father. The Avengers letters page even said that they and Magneto would never know the truth, because no one, not even Bova, knew who their mother's husband was, and Magneto never even knew his wife was pregnant when she left him.

It wasn't until a few years later that the Vision & the Scarlet Witch limited series made them find out, and I suspect Gruenwald finally pulled the trigger on that because he needed a big story for the last issue of their limited series.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They're gonna release this to add to the confusion

At least all 3 characters look pretty good designed. They got Pietro's costume color down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They're gonna release this to add to the confusion
    The set is being called officially ‘Family Matters’ and is being promoted as an official Magnus family set.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...fair-releases/