View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I think they should have the resonance to their time with Magneto - both as pawns in the Brotherhood, and then the years they believed they were his issue. But I also think they should have the resonance and relationship to the Roma they also thought were their family (or are, sorta).

I think my take on High Evolutionary is that he created "artificial" mutants with the twins. He did something to their genes and dna that make them mutants, but not through the normal evolutionary process.

In that sense, he has gone beyond even mutants' evolution as a "next step" in mankind. Wanda and Pietro are that and now they should integrate that into their lives and essence.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Easy one for me personally. Children of Magneto.

If I wanted to read comics where the continuity changed every few years, I'd pick up more DC stuff. I find it bizarre that Marvel spend much of the last 40 years laughing at DC's flip-flopping only to follow suit themselves.

WRT Pietro and Wanda, I agree that being mutants / part of Magneto's family has been too important a part of their history to be retconned (retcon though it may be itself). Particularly not for something as trite and temporary as internal politics. We've seen with the purchase of Fox recently, and with previous changes of EiC and so on, that directions change. Marvel should give more respect to the fans who have bought into years of canon than they do to passing whims.

quicksilver2.jpg

I think Modred (or the Emerald Warlock) should be the father of Wanda. and someone would have placed Wanda in the care of the High Evolutionary (or maybe just abandoned her). after his experiments were done, the H.E would have presented Wanda and Pietro the Maximoffs as twins (maybe the other girl was stillborn). that way Pietro would still be Magneto's son but Wanda would be free of that connection. I think that it's more relevant to Pietro anyways. how would he deal with not really being Wanda's sister?

Astonishing Member

Honestly not so much, I really don't want them to be his kids with now knowing there was a time he had the Scarlet Witch dance for him, but honestly everyone goes on and on about how interesting their relationship is/was but all I really remember was that time Quicksilver yells angrily at Magento, there was never any real moving forward. As for the Mutant status Scarlet Witch meh, people see her as a mainmage for the Avengers and the only time she interacts with mutants/x-men all it does is cause hate from both them and their fans. As for Quicksilver I would say yes bring it back as he has also been on heroic Mutant teams so he has both a positive and negative in that corner.

Extraordinary Member

It's not about being Magneto's children or not.
    It's about if it matters that much, it shouldn't matter that much for people to bring it up frequently.
    And I sometimes think this so-called "unique" trait just overshadow the actual unique stuff, like Wanda's mystical side of power, Chthon, Chaos Magic,etc. Replace them with "just mutant power" and stuff.
    As for the family thingy, I feel for readers who just like this kind of stuff, but at this point I just cringe at some of those family drama.(Especially the so-called mutant royalty.)
    Best case scenario for me is just do it quick and leave it be as it was pre-HoM.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-19-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Ah honestly love the Maximoffs bein' Magneto's kin. Leads to some great moments, like that one from Old Man Hawkeye #7.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's not about being Magneto's children or not.
    It's about if it matters that much, it shouldn't matter that much for people to bring it up frequently.
    And I sometimes think this so-called "unique" trait just overshadow the actual unique stuff, like Wanda's mystical side of power, Chthon, Chaos Magic,etc. Replace them with "just mutant power" and stuff.
    As for the family thingy, I feel for readers who just like this kind of stuff, but at this point I just cringe at some of those family drama.(Especially the so-called mutant royalty.)
    Best case scenario for me is just do it quick and leave it be as it was pre-HoM.
    I agree that Wanda, in particular, has a lot of interesting things beyond mutant power or daughter of Magneto. On the other hand, Quicksilver's dancing between good guy and bad guy works best as son of Magneto and, without mutant connection, he's basically just guy who runs fast since he doesn't have much else.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is not just the loss of the bond with Magneto to me. It also about the loss of the bond between Pietro, Wanda, and Lorna. They were just starting to really treat them like a family when they pulled the bone head stunt. I loved the issue PAD did in All New X-Factor with with the whole clan and he was really building up the bond between Pietro and Lorna even before Wanda stopped by in that series.

Astonishing Member

Ya, but I feel they still could see themselves as family just not be blood related.

I prefer them being Magneto's kids, but I don't read stuff they appear in and my favorite take on Scarlet Witch is the MCU version (completely disconnected from Magneto the whole way), so I'm not very dogmatic about it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ya, but I feel they still could see themselves as family just not be blood related.
    The thing is this blood tie is often deemed somehow more important than Wanda's lilfe-long friends and colleagues from Avengers.
    Honestly only Pietro share that kind of bond with Wanda, sure, they will want to try to be an actual family.
    But god I hate it when they depict them as desperate for family feels.

I posted this exact same poll on the CBR X-Men board atm 94.40% (118 votes) for children of Magneto and 5.60% (7 votes) against.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)