View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Having recently read Evolutionary War (LifeProTip: Don't read Evolutionary War), there's a backup feature with the High Evolutionary's life story. I get the impression based on the story that the twins were there briefly but Jessia was young (possibly still cryogenically frozen) and the twins were certainly just newborns.
    While a lot of Evolutionary War was bad that finale chapter with Captain America and his thrown together team of Avengers was awesome. I would read about that team in a monthly without a doubt. It was a shame it was just that one issue. Cap, Beast, "grey" Hulk, Hercules, Falcon, Jocasta, and Yellowjacket II was an amazing lineup for the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I am really sick and tired of people saying this will ruin the relationships cause they aren't blood related. Just cause that is the case now doesn't mean they can't still see them as family, Luna can still call her auntie Lorna just like how Valeria calls Doom and Ben her uncles. So Pietro and Wanda could still see Lorna as their sister and still see Magneto as a horrible being that Quicksilver yells at every time they are in the same room together.... can someone please explain what made their father and son relationship so unique again?
    Well, the thing is when you taking the blood ties away, Magneto is not that involved in Wanda/Pietro's life like Ben/Doom are to Reed.
    Lorna may work like Ben, but I kinda doubt Magneto could work like Doom.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Jessica Drew

Did she grow up among the twins?

Were they aware of her existence?

Did she awaken after they left?
    It would be pretty hilarious if they three just chill in HE's fridge at the same time, didn't know the exact timeline though.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, the thing is when you taking the blood ties away, Magneto is not that involved in Wanda/Pietro's life like Ben/Doom are to Reed.
    Lorna may work like Ben, but I kinda doubt Magneto could work like Doom.
    This is comparing situations where they aren’t on the same ongoing consistently over the span of many years to ones like the F4 who are. It won’t work with Lorna either. But, I don’t see the retcon lasting long term in any event.

They should definitely be Magneto's children and mutants in my opinion. I really loved the Magneto, Wanda, Quicksilver, Polaris family. They made for some great family interaction.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There really should be a third option on the poll. All polls should have a none of the above option.

For 40 years I've hated the children of Magneto retcon. But I don't like the current version, either. They should have been kept as mutants.

I also hate Wanda having anything to do with magic, but that's another issue.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Going to support the whole children of Magneto/blood relationship/mutants. I liked the way Wanda and Pietro bridged the gap b/w the X-Men and the Avengers.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

This is my whole headcanon on how Wanda and Pietro can be Magneto's kids while keeping the current Wanda backstory

The way I see it (it does need some work), Magneto was searching for magda who ran way following the death of their daughter. He searched for her for years and rescued Natalya from a demon or something but suffered Amnesia. Natalya cared for Magneto and the two fell in love and eventually Natalya gave birth to Wanda and Pietro. They are taken by the High Evolutionary and Natalya goes after them. Magento follows and sees Natalya attacking the Knights but Chthon is weaking her. Sensing a chance, Chthon undoes Magneto's Amnesia and Magento believing he has been tricked by Natalya, kills her. The twins go to the HE and later the Maximoffs, while Magento confused at what happened continues to search for Magda.

This is so going to be retcon back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    This is so going to be retcon back at some point.
    Given that Robertson deliberately did reveal Wanda's dad and the terrible way the retcon was done in the first place, leaves a big backdoor to undo it.

Why is it so difficult to spell Magneto? It's just magnet with an o on the end of it?

They should make Wanda the daughter of Doom. That would be hilarious.

I said it before:

They are children of Magneto and Magda.
    Madga was a Nuhumans
    they were given to the High Evolutionnary who experiment on those hybrid.
    Given to Natalya Maximoff a sorceress

Just to put it out there, we're taking the High Evolutionary's word for a lot of this. But a lot of people forget that Mister Sinister influenced and secretly worked for the High Evolutionary without the latter' awareness. And Sinister began experimenting on Magneto in the camps. So maybe High Evolutionary's records were tampered with.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

At this point, I think the best way to go about it is to restore Magneto's parentage of the twins but make it clear that Wanda is not a mutant but a witch like her mother Magda/Natalya (who is revealed to be the same person), and only pings as a mutant because she's Pietro's twin and that's close enough for a sentinel. Pietro, however, is a mutant like his father, but being Wanda's twin and the son of a witch, can serve as a suitable (if not ideal) vessel for Cthon.

It allows the twins to stay in the corners of the MU where they do best without forcing the other to be the 'evil twin' (Wanda becoming genocidal or being fridged in X-things, or Pietro portrayed as an abusive sociopath or getting fridged in Avengers). Wanda stays with the Avengers as a witch that becomes an ally to the X-Men on the mystical front but otherwise keeping her distance from them and they from her, and Pietro stays with the X-Men as he reconnects with his people and embraces becoming a defender of mutantkind without any of that 'destined to be evil bc daddy issues' that has been going on for way too long. It also opens up a storyline for Magneto, as he now has a human daughter to consider in his plans for mutant liberation.

The High Evolutionary lied about everything because the best he could do was his own version of Doctor Moreau. Maybe Magneto and the twins finally take him out for screwing with them all this time.

I love the Magnus family and want it restored, but I'm also tired of one twin being pulled down for the other, and want to see them both thrive. This is the best compromise I could come up with.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-22-2018 at 03:34 PM.