View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    I said it before:

They are children of Magneto and Magda.
    Madga was a Nuhumans
    they were given to the High Evolutionnary who experiment on those hybrid.
    Given to Natalya Maximoff a sorceress
    Okay, what is the point of making Magda a Nuhuman?
    Given to Natalya and then Django and Marya?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    At this point, I think the best way to go about it is to restore Magneto's parentage of the twins but make it clear that Wanda is not a mutant but a witch like her mother Magda/Natalya (who is revealed to be the same person), and only pings as a mutant because she's Pietro's twin and that's close enough for a sentinel. Pietro, however, is a mutant like his father, but being Wanda's twin and the son of a witch, can serve as a suitable (if not ideal) vessel for Cthon.

It allows the twins to stay in the corners of the MU where they do best without forcing the other to be the 'evil twin' (Wanda becoming genocidal or being fridged in X-things, or Pietro portrayed as an abusive sociopath or getting fridged in Avengers). Wanda stays with the Avengers as a witch that becomes an ally to the X-Men on the mystical front but otherwise keeping her distance from them and they from her, and Pietro stays with the X-Men as he reconnects with his people and embraces becoming a defender of mutantkind without any of that 'destined to be evil bc daddy issues' that has been going on for way too long. It also opens up a storyline for Magneto, as he now has a human daughter to consider in his plans for mutant liberation.

The High Evolutionary lied about everything because the best he could do was his own version of Doctor Moreau. Maybe Magneto and the twins finally take him out for screwing with them all this time.

I love the Magnus family and want it restored, but I'm also tired of one twin being pulled down for the other, and want to see them both thrive. This is the best compromise I could come up with.
    Well, kinda explain why Chthon is way more effective in Pietro's body than in Wanda's, makes you wonder why Chthon bother to mark Wanda if Chthon/ Pietro can cause so much more chaos in Mighty Avengers.

Honestly Wanda getting fridged in X stuff is not that big of a deal, she got fridged in everything. And HoM basically fucked up everyone.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2018 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    At this point, I think the best way to go about it is to restore Magneto's parentage of the twins but make it clear that Wanda is not a mutant but a witch like her mother Magda/Natalya (who is revealed to be the same person), and only pings as a mutant because she's Pietro's twin and that's close enough for a sentinel. Pietro, however, is a mutant like his father, but being Wanda's twin and the son of a witch, can serve as a suitable (if not ideal) vessel for Cthon.

It allows the twins to stay in the corners of the MU where they do best without forcing the other to be the 'evil twin' (Wanda becoming genocidal or being fridged in X-things, or Pietro portrayed as an abusive sociopath or getting fridged in Avengers). Wanda stays with the Avengers as a witch that becomes an ally to the X-Men on the mystical front but otherwise keeping her distance from them and they from her, and Pietro stays with the X-Men as he reconnects with his people and embraces becoming a defender of mutantkind without any of that 'destined to be evil bc daddy issues' that has been going on for way too long. It also opens up a storyline for Magneto, as he now has a human daughter to consider in his plans for mutant liberation.

The High Evolutionary lied about everything because the best he could do was his own version of Doctor Moreau. Maybe Magneto and the twins finally take him out for screwing with them all this time.

I love the Magnus family and want it restored, but I'm also tired of one twin being pulled down for the other, and want to see them both thrive. This is the best compromise I could come up with.
    Wanda can easily be a Mystically enhanced mutant like Busiek suggested

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, kinda explain why Chthon is way more effective in Pietro's body than in Wanda's, makes you wonder why Chthon bother to mark Wanda is Chthon/ Pietro can cause so much more chaos in Mighty Avengers.

Honestly Wanda getting fridged in X stuff is not that big of a deal, she got fridged in everything. And HoM basically fucked up everyone.
    I think it's due to the fact that Pietro wasn't in a good place at the time, that made it easier for Chthon to take control of him completely.

I like to think the 8 people who voted for the high evolutionary are marvel workers who are still trying to make that happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I like to think the 8 people who voted for the high evolutionary are marvel workers who are still trying to make that happen lol
    That or they actually believed his lies

Okay, what is the point of making Magda a Nuhuman?
    Given to Natalya and then Django and Marya?
    at one point or another everything was part of the history or considered.

So you dont need a rectcon. Everybody was right they only had part of the truth

Extraordinary Member

at one point or another everything was part of the history or considered.

So you dont need a rectcon. Everybody was right they only had part of the truth
    What? Do you think the twins are Inhumans now? Nope, they are mutates now.

What? Do you think the twins are Inhumans now? Nope, they are mutates now.
    Considered

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/officia...witchs-origins

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'm one of those 8 and it's more of a protest vote because I want a "none of the above" option. IMO, everybody involved was worse off with them related to Magneto, but that doesn't mean they should be High Evolutionary experiments.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

There was lots of media speculation that the MCU versions would turn out to be Inhumans, or that the comic retcon would turn them into Inhumans, but it never happened, and at this point it almost certainly never will.

We now know Feige never wanted to make an Inhumans movie anyway, so it makes sense that he went with the idea of just making them lab experiments.

Now, could their origin in the MCU become the basis for what MCU mutants will be? Sure, it could happen. But that's just more speculation at this point. Anyway they're never going to be Inhumans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I'm one of those 8 and it's more of a protest vote because I want a "none of the above" option. IMO, everybody involved was worse off with them related to Magneto, but that doesn't mean they should be High Evolutionary experiments.
    I am like in that boat, where I am liking them not being related to Magneto, but was ok with the Mutants. Although I guess half ok with Quicksilver being a yes and Scarlet Witch being a does it matter everyone likes her for her magic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda can easily be a Mystically enhanced mutant like Busiek suggested
    Yes. Plus if she was just a witch cerebro and other machines wouldn't have detected her as a mutant. I like them as mutants and as the children of Magneto. And yeah they can just say Magda and Natalia are the same person.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

This was just a fan theory which are always fake. They just needed to write something that day. They might be like Cloak and Dagger. Their latent mutant gene was triggered with their experiments. Here's a fan theory, they both had latent mutant genes and the High Evolutionary triggered it. And Quicksilver lost his powers after HoM because he still had the mutant gene.

Extraordinary Member

Both MCU and current comic twins have nothing to do with Inhumans, those are just wild guesses back then without any real,evidence.