View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I preferred them as the mutant children of Bob Frank (the Whizzer) and Madeline Joyce (Miss America), which itself was a retcon. But if not that, I'd prefer they be the mutant children of a Roma couple, the Maximoffs, as was assumed until Giant Size Avengers #1.

Sandy Hausler
    I agree with this also. There is even a scene in Stan's Avengers with the Kooky Quartet where Wanda and Pietro had their doubts about they're being mutants. This was when Wanda's powers seemed to be fading.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree with this also. There is even a scene in Stan's Avengers with the Kooky Quartet where Wanda and Pietro had their doubts about they're being mutants. This was when Wanda's powers seemed to be fading.
    Playing Devil's Advocate (because I sort of agree with you):

If they were Magneto's kids, that thing does seem to run in the family. Every few years, it seems that Our Lord's powers are fading. And Lorna's powers were naturally latent.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes. Plus if she was just a witch cerebro and other machines wouldn't have detected her as a mutant. I like them as mutants and as the children of Magneto. And yeah they can just say Magda and Natalia are the same person.
    The High Evolutionary gave them mutant DNA signatures, which fooled Cerebro and other mutant detectors.

That is a very cool and interesting thought. I've read Marvel a long time and yeah, Wanda and sometimes Pietro seem to have fluctuations in their powers that cannot be immediately explained. Mags and Lorna too. Hmmmmmm.... ?

Fantastic Member

The poll is kind of rigged as it does not include Chthon as an option.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That was Chthon making her powers fade. He did so to push her towards Chaos Magic.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

The odd thing is I prefer Quicksilver as his son, but not Wanda as his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    The odd thing is I prefer Quicksilver as his son, but not Wanda as his daughter.
    that's because everything about Pietro is a reminder of his father. Wanda basically only got Magda's looks (when she was the mother) and Magneto's mood swings (when he was still the father).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The High Evolutionary gave them mutant DNA signatures, which fooled Cerebro and other mutant detectors.
    or he's lying to them because Magneto double-crossed him not so long ago (to get his powers back).

The Whizzer is gross. if you want to destroy any chance of Pietro being popular, by all means connect him to the Whizzer.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

What are the odds that either HE or Chthon have Magda in stasis somewhere for nefarious world-ending purposes, and the whole 'ran away to conveniently die in the snow lol' was just a cover up?

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's because everything about Pietro is a reminder of his father. Wanda basically only got Magda's looks (when she was the mother) and Magneto's mood swings (when he was still the father).
    Wanda's origins feel more like they should be mystical to me, I would not mind if somehow she had a different father than Pietro but the same mother (it's comics, it could work). I relate her more to her times with Agatha Harkness and her relation to Chthon and such than to mutants.
    That Quicksilver series in the late 90's did a good job of relating Quicksilver and Magneto, which helps on my views on that front. I think part of why Pietro and Wanda were made Magneto's children was due to Quicksilver's hair, much like that brief period where I think Byrne made Sandman and The Green Goblin related.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Wanda's origins feel more like they should be mystical to me, I would not mind if somehow she had a different father than Pietro but the same mother (it's comics, it could work). I relate her more to her times with Agatha Harkness and her relation to Chthon and such than to mutants.
    That Quicksilver series in the late 90's did a good job of relating Quicksilver and Magneto, which helps on my views on that front. I think part of why Pietro and Wanda were made Magneto's children was due to Quicksilver's hair, much like that brief period where I think Byrne made Sandman and The Green Goblin related.
    Pietro's hair was introduced long before Magneto's. https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-comics-r...ace-1596111425
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-27-2018 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I am a fan of the Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) and Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) being the children of Magneto.
    I grew up knowing that they were part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants before joining the Avengers.
    In my opinion this made them both unique as they were part of the main superhero team yet their father was one of the main super villians of the Marvel Universe.
    Yes. I view it like that as well.

Incredible Member

house of m was attempt to essentially destroy the mutant brand, but then fans latched on the "house of m"

As a result, they actively destroyed it as a response.

Despite this, media has spoken (in both the movies and the gifted).

now that the x is back under Marvel's umbrella, it's more or less when not if.

(but quit these office politics crap. Stuff like this is why the Summers line is so messed up).