View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well they kind of have gone full circle from being the children of Maximoff's, to Frank's, to Eisenhardt's and now back to Maximoff's so this actually is fixing retcons?
    Not really because they made Natalya their mom. And there's a couple of bad stereotypes they used for her. So really they shouldn't stick with that. It'd have been better for it to have been Marya and Django, which is how it was for a moment (they also had some theft stereotypes back in the day too though). But then they threw in something new. The whole them not being mutants never was a thing. So that should never have been changed. I understand why it was, but it's also weak and petty.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-03-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well they kind of have gone full circle from being the children of Maximoff's, to Frank's, to Eisenhardt's and now back to Maximoff's so this actually is fixing retcons?
    Frank actually came first.
    Also I think them being born on Wundgaore and raised by the Maximoffs are the only thing that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I prefer Mags being their dad and them being mutants. I'm also tired of them being subjects of retcons. Just revert the latest, and stick with it. Stop trying to re-invent.
    The thing is with the latest retcon apart from changing the mother, they still can be. In my headcanon they still are.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I like the fact that their family mixed many concepts of MU and acted like a bond between everyone.

- A "villain" with "hero" kids
    - Mutants part of the Avengers and not exclusively to the X-Men/X-Factor
    - One of the most important and powerful mutants being the father-in-law to the inhuman "princess"
    - Polaris being Luna's aunt

With this retcon, they tried to separate one of Marvel's most interesting relationships

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The thing is with the latest retcon apart from changing the mother, they still can be. In my headcanon they still are.
    But that just makes it seem like the mom's are inter-changeable. Which highlights a huge issue with they treated maternal influence in the twins lives. It doesn't undo a lot of the forced nature of the reveal. Nor the feeling that they are competing with Donna Troy as far as retcons. It also still erases them being mutants, which was there from the start. And still makes older reads awkward and not make sense at all.

I also would have problem with the father killing Natalya thing if Mags would still be their dad. It's not something I want tacked on him retroactively.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-04-2018 at 03:10 AM.

But that just makes it seem like the mom's are inter-changeable. Which highlights a huge issue with they treated maternal influence in the twins lives. It doesn't undo a lot of the forced nature of the reveal. Nor the feeling that they are competing with Donna Troy as far as retcons. It also still erases them being mutants, which was there from the start. And still makes older reads awkward and not make sense at all.

I also would have problem with the father killing Natalya thing if Mags would still be their dad. It's not something I want tacked on him retroactively.
    The thing is that the father was always the focus, all the mothers were nearly always dead.

Magneto murdering Natalya could be explained if he was controlled by Chthon.

The thing is that the father was always the focus, all the mothers were nearly always dead.

Both of those being terrible plots. Usually families did die in comics. I'm suspecting because a lot of them were susceptible. With Natalya, she was powerful, still got screwed over. They left Marya alive this time but she's never mentioned. It not feeling that different from before just makes the new retcon unnecessary. Just feel tacked on for movie's sake. Because it fixes nothing and adds on a lot more convoluted mess.

speaking from the perspective of a Magneto loyalist, I think the twins need him more than the reverse. they mined his history to add drama to Wanda and Pietro's story. but they've told that story enough times that i'm alright with him no longer being the father. what was more important was their mutancy. it's a large enough part of their identity that it shouldn't be changed. as far as the parentage (if I had a say), I would say that Modred the Mystic impregnated Marya (the carrier of the x-gene) with the twins. and, because he's a generally devious individual, he arranged a lot of their early life; maybe he even setting them up to be found by Magneto. the basic idea would have been to engineer Wanda's corruption (with Pietro being an afterthought); to make her a better vessel for Chthon. in this scenario, Magda and her babies didn't make it. she serves the same function that she originally did; "evidence" that mutants will always be met with fear from humans. the rest would be a combination of Modred's scheming and Magneto's desperation to find what was left of his old life (he and Magda's children).

addendum: Wanda and Pietro would still be mutants. but Wanda's power over causality would have been gradually corrupted by the magic she has dabbled with.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-04-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Or just in a bad mood, lol? But the first point is absolutely true. Their mother was always ‘interchangeable’, they never knew her and she was always Magneto’s sad story #9. Their adopted mother was their only ‘real’ mother and she’s still pretty disposable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Or just in a bad mood, lol? But the first point is absolutely true. Their mother was always ‘interchangeable’, they never knew her and she was always Magneto’s sad story #9. Their adopted mother was their only ‘real’ mother and she’s still pretty disposable as well.
    One idea I have is that Magneto was searching for Magda and suffered amnesia, thought Natalya was Magda and he later killed her in a fit of rage when he regained his memories.

Also it is sad that Wanda's adopted mum, who is actually her aunt is revealled to be still alive but that was the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    speaking from the perspective of a Magneto loyalist, I think the twins need him more than the reverse. they mined his history to add drama to Wanda and Pietro's story. but they've told that story enough times that i'm alright with him no longer being the father. what was more important was their mutancy. it's a large enough part of their identity that it shouldn't be changed. as far as the parentage (if I had a say), I would say that Modred the Mystic impregnated Marya (the carrier of the x-gene) with the twins. and, because he's a generally devious individual, he arranged a lot of their early life; maybe he even setting them up to be found by Magneto. the basic idea would have been to engineer Wanda's corruption (with Pietro being an afterthought); to make her a better vessel for Chthon. in this scenario, Magda and her babies didn't make it. she serves the same function that she originally did; "evidence" that mutants will always be met with fear from humans. the rest would be a combination of Modred's scheming and Magneto's desperation to find what was left of his old life (he and Magda's children).

addendum: Wanda and Pietro would still be mutants. but Wanda's power over causality would have been gradually corrupted by the magic she has dabbled with.
    I'm definitely not into adding Modred to the wheel of parenthood mess. They definitely don't need more tacked on. I just want them to stick with the canon (being mutants) that existed from the start, and stick with the parentage that had been canon for 30 years. It's just more stable story wise. And there's more storytelling potential. Some that they just scratched the surface of, with Wanda having some interaction with Polaris.

I'm definitely not into adding Modred to the wheel of parenthood mess.
    he's already in their life because of Chthon.

They definitely don't need more tacked on.
    it's not really tacking anything on since there is now a blank spot next to 'father's name.'

I just want them to stick with the canon (being mutants) that existed from the start, and stick with the parentage that had been canon for 30 years. It's just more stable story wise. And there's more storytelling potential. Some that they just scratched the surface of, with Wanda having some interaction with Polaris.
    i'd love for them to stick to canon. but it's too late. they've already revealed Wanda's mother. and there is no connection between Natalya and Max. the damage has been done.

he's already in their life because of Chthon.

it's not really tacking anything on since there is now a blank spot next to 'father's name.'

i'd love for them to stick to canon. but it's too late. they've already revealed Wanda's mother. and there is no connection between Natalya and Max. the damage has been done.
    I think you are stretching quite a bit there. He has nothing to do with their lives. Even though Wanda is linked to Chthon, she barely has anything to do with him. He was basically there to establish that ability change and be gone. Modred was just someone she broke the glass jaw of.

It is tacking something on, because it's adding someone new into the parenthood label. Where if they did put Mags there, it wouldn't. But I'm for that being changed back and forgotten for several reasons I already mentioned.

Lol, it's never too late. They love changing Wanda. They've proven that.

I think you are stretching quite a bit there. He has nothing to do with their lives. Even though Wanda is linked to Chthon, she barely has anything to do with him.
    ...Chthon has had designs on her since she was a small child; whether she was aware or not.

...Chthon has had designs on her since she was a small child; whether she was aware or not.
    Yes, and that was a part of a re-established power origin for her. He hasn't been in her stories since. You can have your Modred fantasy. I'm just not joining you in it.