View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, Busiek is well-suited, even though he didn't go deeper into Chthon's lore, he did introduce Chaos Magic for Wanda and explain her power in an interestng and relatively simple way.
    I find "Magda being tempted by Chthon" kinda weird since Magneto killing people is enough to turn her away, but Chthon and the actions of his followers could be more gruesome and disturbing. (Though of course, he can just send a handsome sorcerer like Modred to play the nice guy, Wanda fell for that and thought Modred was a good guy.)
    Magda is or was related to Cthon in marvel canon because both Wanda and Pietro were possesed by him at some point because they were the "Children of Magda" bassically children of both magic and science. I can´t see Magda as being evil at along but I can see how Cthon influence was part of Magda´s reasoning to leave her children behind on Wundagore.

But what´s Natalya Maximoff part in all this is still a mystery, we know she "died" in Wundagore killed by "Wanda´s father" but it was obvious she wasn´t telling everything to Wanda and made Agatha promise she would not tell until the "right time", I could see marvel saying that she and Magda are the same person OR they are different people and Magda´s children that she gave birth at Wundagore, who aren not Wanda and Pietro, are around still on another part of the marvel universe but if marvel makes Wanda and Pietro Magneto´s children again then was he the father that killed Natalya? Why would he do that? and what was he doing in Wundagore at that time? he was supposed to be looking for Magda at that point to apologize for scaring her off, he was told Magda died on Wundagore so he made a tombstone on that mountain for her and visits it every year, this was before he became Magneto because he was still trying to live a normal life.

I could see a grieving Max missing Magda, meeting Natalya who looks a lot like her, and falling in love with her but the reason Magda died, the reason Natalya was killed is very much a mystery and Cthon could very well be connected to all this given his wish to get powerful vessels born of magic and science.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-07-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Here's my take. It's not evidenced in any way, but still a fun theory. Magda Lenshernn never died. She went into hiding after giving birth to Pietro and Wanda, and traumatized by the fact Erik was a mutant and her own children were possibly mutants too, she began to study Dark Magic under Ch'ton's tutelage to "protect humans" from the mutant threat. She's the one responsible for Wanda's descent into madness (which would explain everything from disassembled to Axis), Magneto's returns to villainy and everything bad that happened to the Magnus family, orchestrating everything from behind the scenes.
    And now is the time for Magda's great entrance as she wants to offer Earth to Ch'ton.
    Make it written by Kurt Busiek, because he's the one who repairs damaged characters (remember how he fixed Carol Danvers in his Avengers run!).
    I'm reluctant on the idea of "This outside force caused Wanda to do this thing, end of story." It feels like trying to give her an excuse after the fact, rather than working within what happened and what's known.

However, I could see it working out if it's combined with a tiny kernel of truth. For example, say Wanda had a part of her that resented being a mutant. Not big enough that she would ever seriously do anything that happened. Just big enough that a malevolent force could latch on to it, exaggerate it, twist it into something for more pronounced and horrible. More along the lines of her having self-loathing and inward struggles, and this external force mutilated them into going outward.

This scenario would open doors to a lot of things. Wanda's generally seen as an external "aggressor" who ripped apart a franchise she doesn't belong to. This would bring her back into the fold. She would be able to work from looking at the darker emotions that come from being part of a demonized and hated group. That those feelings were small, but enough of them existed that an antagonist could manipulate her with them, would be cause for a lot of self-assessment and self-reflection. She wouldn't be completely off the hook. There would still be some aspect of her exploited to make it happen, and being a hero, Wanda would feel compelled to address that part of herself and make amends for it. But the extreme nature of where things went wouldn't truly be her fault. And I think it would be more believable and accepted than saying Wanda was just an empty vessel/puppet for the entirety of the event.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-07-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magda is or was related to Cthon in marvel canon because both Wanda and Pietro were possesed by him at some point because they were the "Children of Magda" bassically children of both magic and science. I can´t see Magda as being evil at along but I can see how Cthon influence was part of Magda´s reasoning to leave her children behind on Wundagore.

But what´s Natalya Maximoff part in all this is still a mystery, we know she "died" in Wundagore killed by "Wanda´s father" but it was obvious she wasn´t telling everything to Wanda and made Agatha promise she would not tell until the "right time", I could see marvel saying that she and Magda are the same person OR they are different people and Magda´s children that she gave birth at Wundagore, who aren not Wanda and Pietro, are around still on another part of the marvel universe but if marvel makes Wanda and Pietro Magneto´s children again then was he the father that killed Natalya? Why would he do that? and what was he doing in Wundagore at that time? he was supposed to be looking for Magda at that point to apologize for scaring her off, he was told Magda died on Wundagore so he made a tombstone on that mountain for her and visits it every year, this was before he became Magneto because he was still trying to live a normal life.

I could see a grieving Max missing Magda, meeting Natalya who looks a lot like her, and falling in love with her but the reason Magda died, the reason Natalya was killed is very much a mystery and Cthon could very well be connected to all this given his wish to get powerful vessels born of magic and science.

This page only really said one of the children is touched by Chthon, and that was it. He made his investment and patiently waited.
    Chthon did possess Pietro in Slott's Mighty Avengers, but he is also later dumped into Modred's body, there is nothing to suggest Pietro was marked by Chthon at birth just like Wanda was, let alone Magda who is really of no use to him.
    Also "children of magic and science " refers to Wanda marked by Chthon and also being a mutant, the magic part didn't come from Magda really, even Magda was magical, Chthon wouldn't care since he is not the kind of Elder God that relies on others' magic.
    Also Chthon's influence making Magda leaving the kids on Wundagore didn't make much sense since Wanda was Chthon's chosen vessel, he would want to make sure she grows up safe and sound.
    Unless he is certain Magda along with her children would die if she just leave HE's place.
    360??20190508152139697.jpg
    Or what the hell, maybe Magneto is under Chthon's influence or something, makes it more ironic that her creator controlled her father to kill her mother. (Or say the dad make the other dad to do that?)
    Since in some context, a creator counts as a "father" as well.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-08-2019 at 12:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully they just check some paperwork and then everyone go back to their actual family and loved ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Do you think in magnetos one shot they will recton this ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I doubt it. I’m not so confident that it’ll get undone anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The writers only want to screw with the readers. They give you the opposite of what you want. So I doubt they will change it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Sad. Very disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Im sure Remender got the instructions to do it from higher up on the food chain. Writers don’t get to make these kinds of decisions without oversight.

This and One More Day are probably the two most unpopular decisions in Marvel history, and we’re still waiting for OMD to get fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Brevoort actually announced publicly that the retcon was editorial's idea and was handed to Remender. Remender then built a story around the idea.

Luminous was probably Remender's idea because it's the kind of campy, so-bad-it's-good concept he loves. But then he quit Marvel after writing that one story, and whatever he was setting up there has never been revisited.
    To me a relief to read so grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash
    Or what the hell, maybe Magneto is under Chthon's influence or something, makes it more ironic that her creator controlled her father to kill her mother. (Or say the dad make the other dad to do that?)
    Since in some context, a creator counts as a "father" as well.
    I saw a similar theory on tumblr once I could see it happening and it would explain why Vision didn´t think was a good idea to tell Wanda and why Natalya didn´t want to talk about the topic as it´s pretty disturbing, but who knows what Marvel is planning at this point they are sending mixed messages lately
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I voted children of Magneto, and mutants from birth on the CBR Marvel comics board, and I will do the same here. They were a comic family that I always enjoyed reading about.
    The enjoyment of reading about said family in the comics is something that I also want to experience in live-action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    Just a silly retcon that undid a lot of interesting stories in my opinion.
    Agreed.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

At 95%, it seems the people have spoken: Magneto should be their father. Maybe someday Marvel will listen.

This is another of those cases I can easily and regularly cite as showing fandom matters more than Marvel. Marvel can try to force something, and it doesn't mean much if the fandom rejects it.

We're year 5 into the Axis forced retcon and fandom persists with the family being whole.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Magneto deserves better than to be related to those disgusting characters and Marvel for once should ignore what the fans want in a matter of fact they should have Magneto kill them.

What if they kill Magneto instead?

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Polaris will probably have to plan some fratricide
    GrindrStone(D)

Than he will come back and than kill them but unlike him they won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Than he will come back and than kill them but unlike him they won't come back.
    That's what you think, then she comes out of the wreckage and kills him again, and then he kills her again, and it's an ouroboros of family death.

ok but what if they all get family therapy and avoid killing each other unnecesarily, I appoint either Xorn, Doc Samson or both as their therapists.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Polaris will probably have to plan some fratricide
    Unless Lorna joins in on the patricide. Then she can finally be an omega mutant and take his spot in the Quiet Council, at least until he comes back.

That's what you think, then she comes out of the wreckage and kills him again, and then he kills her again, and it's an ouroboros of family death.
    Or Wanda keeps Magneto distracted while Lorna and Pietro run the show. Why, it practically writes itself!

I would rather they find a reason to team up and take on human corruption and do a Game of Thrones style political maneuvering, but baby steps.