Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
I mean as we've seen in this thread, there are still people who to this day hate Wanda. And I don't think it's just because of Decimation, but because HoM was the first comic that ever suggested Wanda simply didn't like being a mutant (which is why she was human in her fantasy world) and that her being mostly an Avengers character was because she was a self-hating mutant. Her fans can argue against that all they want, and it's true that there was never anything before HoM to suggest she was a self-hating mutant (and that in fact she was "out" as a mutant when the X-Men all kept their identities secret), but that's what one big crossover story can do to a character.
I agree I think Wanda could have been better served by a mini series similar to SOM that Pietro had because we didnīt really know what happened to her after HOM. Readers are more willing to let some stories go if they see appropiate addresing of the characterīs situation post-fact, the way marvel symply let Wanda in limbo after an story like that really hurted her. My point is that this issue needs to get adressed head on and allow Wanda to give her take on the situation.

At this point I'm so desperate to see her in a comic again that I would even accept a story about Magneto (and as I may have said before, I think I believe the idea that they were going to do a story like that and canceled plans for it; that would explain why she and Pietro have simply vanished from the comics). But I don't think it would do her any good.
I agree marvel may have changed it to another date but I donīt see why marvel isnīt using the twins, right now, more than ever the Avengers are free to use them now that the X-office doesnīt have any handle of them. I agree marvel may as well be holding them off comics for a while as the saying goes "distance makes the heart grow fonder" maybe they will be on the "Incoming" crossover or after it but I donīt think that Magneto having a story with them would hurt them neccesarily it all depends on how the writer handles the story and what kind of balance is there between the characters involved imo.

One of the things I like about Wanda as a character is that she's connected to so many parts of the MU: a former X-Men villain and longtime Avenger whose brother married an Inhuman royal, learned magic from the Fantastic Four's nanny, and whose husband has the same body as the Golden Age Human Torch. Oh, and the Sorcerer Supreme delivered her children.
Me too, tbh is one of the things I enjoy with her and with this family, the way their connections with other sides of the marvel universe grow naturaly from their own comic book story.