View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why are they sleeping on making Eileen Harsaw/Phantazia one of Magneto's children? Lorna could really use a sister. and Phantazia is a decent character. she deserved better than being driven insane and incarcerated post House of M.

She was depowered.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I think it’s far too late to undo the retcon without raising further headaches, and it would be pointless without the Mainline editorial giving them to the X-Books, or the X-Books making use of them beyond flaying the Twins alive*

If they do a cartoon etc set in a verse where the X-Men and Avengers exist, sure keep them as family; but not for 616

*for the record I would imagine that, in time, those who view Wanda as a symbol of how the classic Avengers era ended will come to loath her nearly as much as the X-fans; so there is that to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I feel like this ship has sailed. I’m much more interested in the Magneto/Polaris dynamic and in Wanda further exploring her witchy roots and would rather see focus on those things than on retconning a retcon of a retcon.
    Same, let the retcon stick. There's no value in reversing it now especially when the X-books have a daughter of Magneto who can receive the focus

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Same, let the retcon stick. There's no value in reversing it now especially when the X-books have a daughter of Magneto who can receive the focus
    I'm just waiting to find out that Lorna is not Magneto's daughter either.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm just waiting to find out that Lorna is not Magneto's daughter either.
    That already happened and unhappened as well. Hopefully they’re done with all that. Hickman seems to be at any rate.

That already happened and unhappened as well. Hopefully they’re done with all that. Hickman seems to be at any rate.
    I know. Marvel loves retcons on top of retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She was depowered.
    that's not confirmation that she's not related to him. it also makes it that much crueler a fate. does she really require a SHIELD cell?

that's not confirmation that she's not related to him. it also makes it that much crueler a fate. does she really require a SHIELD cell?
    I hope she not. Magneto doesn't need more confirmation that he is a bad dad.

Though, I do find it funny that Magneto might have all these kids just floating around. Erik is doing his best to increase the mutant race...lol

in his defense, Essex's lack of compassion was chemically-induced. it was part of his initial augmentation. he's genuinely interested in scientific discovery. it's not sadism like with the nazis or the dark beast (who the X-Men recently worked with). Wanda caused some real suffering with her little spell. and she wasn't sorry about it. look at it from the perspective of Magma or her now incinerated boyfriend. being dissolved in a volcano is a really horrible way to die.

Why does Sinister get a free pass for being a modern Mengele because it was “chemically induced”, and Wanda doesn’t for being literally insane and casting a spell that caused unintentional deaths? That’s a double standard if I ever saw one. And I never saw Sinister giving a mea culpa for the suffering and deaths he caused. Wanda has at times, at other times she made some bad comments about it, but it could be interpreted as her being tired of being beaten over the head over it when she’s tried to move on. It’s not like she intentionally shoved someone in a volcano.

Children’s Crusade tried to absolve her by blaming Doom’s influence, that other event tried to absolve her by she and Hope reigniting the X-gene, her solo tried to absolve her by letting her do a personal quest. It’s long past time for her to do anything else more satisfying, and to me at this point vilifying her for Decimation when actual villains get a seat at the table and get to help determine mutantkind’s direction, is a joke.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 12-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Why does Sinister get a free pass for being a modern Mengele because it was “chemically induced”, and Wanda doesn’t for being literally insane.
    condemn them both. i have no dog in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Why does Sinister get a free pass for being a modern Mengele because it was “chemically induced”, and Wanda doesn’t for being literally insane and casting a spell that caused unintentional deaths?
    Cardinal sin: transforming mutants into 'normal humans'… They were no more special. Unforgivable.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cardinal sin: transforming mutants into 'normal humans'… They are no more special. Unforgivable.
    again, some of those depowered mutants died instantly (see: Magma's boyfriend). the others could no longer defend themselves when bigoted humans and/or a serial killer mutant came for them. at best, you're stealing something integral to the make-up of another person. imagine that you're a gifted artist and someone removed your eyes or cut off your hands.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

again, some of those depowered mutants died instantly (see: Magma's boyfriend). the others could no longer defend themselves when bigoted humans and/or a serial killer mutant came for them. at best, you're stealing something integral to the make-up of another person. imagine that you're a gifted artist and someone removed your eyes or cut off your hands.
    Beyond that, entire communities suffered and died as a consequence. Post-Decimation, Storm was wandering the African continent helping communities in volatile regions that lost their primary sources of security, which were the mutants among them. It wasn’t just that Wanda erased their uniqueness; countless people died as a result.

Beyond that, entire communities suffered and died as a consequence. Post-Decimation, Storm was wandering the African continent helping communities in volatile regions who lost their primary sources of security, which were the mutants among them. It wasn’t just that Wanda erased their uniqueness; countless people died as a result.
    ^that too/well said

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wanda possibly, but they'd be cool with Pietro.

I would love Wanda to be allowed onto Krakoa without mutants just attacking her. After all they have Essex, Apoc, Selene, etc etc
    Wanda is the Rachel Dolezol of mutants so NO! Kill her with fire
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account