View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Children of Magneto, mutants from birth is my choice to hell with the retcon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I'm all for the Magneto Large family! And Wanda and Lorna are at the same time totally different characters but share the same tendancy toward mental instability, as if being the daughters of Magnus was a curse. I'd like to see them explore their relationship (I like more interactions between superhero communities) and what it means to be sisters.

And as for the general question, of course they're all the children of Magneto! And Magda.
    We never talk about Magda, she's long thought dead, but we've never seen a body or a grave, no?
    Have we proofs that she's dead?
    She´s MIA since we didn´t see her death and her marvel bio says no one knows what happened to her. But there´s doubt about if she´s also the twins mother.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I'm all for the Magneto Large family! And Wanda and Lorna are at the same time totally different characters but share the same tendancy toward mental instability, as if being the daughters of Magnus was a curse. I'd like to see them explore their relationship (I like more interactions between superhero communities) and what it means to be sisters.

And as for the general question, of course they're all the children of Magneto! And Magda.
    We never talk about Magda, she's long thought dead, but we've never seen a body or a grave, no?
    Have we proofs that she's dead?
    It's not a curse if the writers don't have this narrow mind to write them, or to think Magneto should matter that much to someone who grew up without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    She´s MIA since we didn´t see her death and her marvel bio says no one knows what happened to her. But there´s doubt about if she´s also the twins mother.
    If Magda is the mother of Lorna, then she probably the mother of Zaladane too.

Im cool with that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'd rather have them be Magneto's children, no doubt.

But I think some clarification on their powers could be useful. What is Wanda's mutant power and how is it related to magic? Is Pietro just fast or can he slow down time? Maybe we can define that she distorts space and he distorts time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's not a curse if the writers don't have this narrow mind to write them, or to think Magneto should matter that much to someone who grew up without him.
    but the twins have such a deep relationship with erik and countless quality stories about them interacting, one of the strongest family bonds in fiction IMHO
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That was Englehart’s thesis on them after he had Pietro have a mental breakdown.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-05-2019 at 09:37 AM.

aw jesus why did i just reread englehart quicksilver ****
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'd rather have them be Magneto's children, no doubt.

But I think some clarification on their powers could be useful. What is Wanda's mutant power and how is it related to magic? Is Pietro just fast or can he slow down time? Maybe we can define that she distorts space and he distorts time.
    I want them to be Magneto's children, but I also think it's time for Wanda and Pietro to have some kind of actual sibling relationship with Lorna. Heck you could even do a story where it's actually Lorna that wants to bring everyone together and get over the past differences.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If Magda is the mother of Lorna, then she probably the mother of Zaladane too.

Im cool with that.
    As far as I know after the Axis retcon Magda is Anya´s mother(Magneto´s first daughter who died), Suzana Dane is Lorna´s mother, Zaladane doesn´t seem to be related to either Lorna or Magneto but this could change.

Pietro and Wanda are Natalya´s Maximoff(A new character from The Scarlet Witch series) children without a confirmed father yet but there´s art that could mean the retcon is being undone.

This is Natalya:

There´s nothing confirmed but there are some rumors about a possible event done around Magneto´s family this year I hope it´s true because the status of the family right now is very unclear.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-02-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There´s nothing confirmed but there are some rumors about a possible event done around Magneto´s family this year I hope it´s true because the status of the family right now is very unclear.
    That would be cool. Disolving this family was one of the dumbest retcons and only hurt all characters involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    He matters to Wanda...because she's afraid of how far he goes sometimes..she dont see his greater good..ends justifies the means. She never could understand what Rogue and Lorna was able to almost instantly about Magneto. It's quite sad but that's the curve of their connection. I also liked how she looked like a healthy version of Madga without fake mother retcon by the Avengers editors that pretty much kicked Wanda off the A List chess board.

BANNED

As far as I know after the Axis retcon Magda is Anya´s mother(Magneto´s first daughter who died), Suzana Dane is Lorna´s mother, Zaladane doesn´t seem to be related to either Lorna or Magneto but this could change.

Pietro and Wanda are Natalya´s Maximoff(A new character from The Scarlet Witch series) children without a confirmed father yet but there´s art that could mean the retcon is being undone.

This is Natalya:

While I would appreciate a 616 House of M Series with everyone...Magneto, Lorna, Wanda, Luna, the twins, Nocturne, maybe some Crystal...I think a Wanda and Lorna limited Series is long overdue and I think Luna should be pushed REAL HARD heading into 2020.

Did Lorna appear in Wanda's solo at all? Was she at least mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    While I would appreciate a 616 House of M Series with everyone...Magneto, Lorna, Wanda, Luna, the twins, Nocturne, maybe some Crystal...I think a Wanda and Lorna limited Series is long overdue and I think Luna should be pushed REAL HARD heading into 2020.
    I agree, Luna doesn´t even know Wiccan and Speed as she was kept out of Avengers Children´s Crusade for some reason. It would be nice to see the complete family at least once and given this will involve the X-men, Avengers and Inhumans there´s no short ammount of potential conflict for one big reunion story.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23
    That would be cool. Disolving this family was one of the dumbest retcons and only hurt all characters involved.
    I agree completely

There are some fans that are of the idea that the family hurts the characters individual development, specialy Wanda and Pietro, but I believe that it´s the contrary, this family allows every member to have important connections to other places and people on the marvel universe and character development too given their complex relationships between each other, this mix of love, hate, longing, regret, and care feels genuine and real, that´s what makes the family so interesting to me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-02-2019 at 05:15 PM.