View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    How anyone can seriously believe that Pietro didn't deserve to have his head taken off is completely beyond me. even Peter Parker was ready to hurt him.
    And Magneto's deserved to have his head taken off a thousand times over.

Pietro never said it to Luna.
    Seriously, where do you think Pietro got his crappy parenting skills from?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seriously, where do you think Pietro got his crappy parenting skills from?
    Django Maximoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Magneto's deserved to have his head taken off a thousand times over.
    and it has happened. that's why he's in the free and clear. it's Wanda's turn.

Astonishing Member

He’s an abusive quasi-incestuous sociopath and she’s a mass-murder psychopath. Both A & X would be well rid of them.

BANNED

It's strange how quick people are to absolve Magneto of the multiple terrible things he's done all of it while he was in his right mind but are so quick to vilify Wanda for something that's been stated many times in universe not actually her fault and that she wasn't in any right state of mind during.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    It's strange how quick people are to absolve Magneto of the multiple terrible things he's done all of it while he was in his right mind but are so quick to vilify Wanda for something that's been stated many times in universe not actually her fault and that she wasn't in any right state of mind during.
    I agree. Magneto gets to go back and forth from being an enemy to being an X-Man. Why does Wanda have to be a pariah forever?

Well, my sister-in-law doesn't like me and never misses any fault I may cause, any flaw I may have.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

i don't absolve him. i just really like the character. he's not pretending to be a hero. and his worst actions occurred when he really wasn't in his right mind. he was clearly demented in the early Brotherhood days.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I agree. Magneto gets to go back and forth from being an enemy to being an X-Man. Why does Wanda have to be a pariah forever?
    because the X-Men don't have to worry about Magneto self-righteously taking their powers away? she's a self-hating mutant. they can't trust her.

BANNED

i don't absolve him. i just really like the character. he's not pretending to be a hero. and his worst actions occurred when he really wasn't in his right mind. he was clearly demented in the early Brotherhood days.
    How do you say you don't absolve him and then immediately go on to absolve him?

because the X-Men don't have to worry about Magneto self-righteously taking their powers away? she's a self-hating mutant. they can't trust her.
    So, it's not about being a good or a bad person. It's not a moral position, it's a 'us' vs 'them' position. The 'Dirty Dozen' were dirty but they were on the right side…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I've literally said in this thread every single time I want Wanda to be welcomed among the mutant community again. So no hypocrisy here at least
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I've literally said in this thread every single time I want Wanda to be welcomed among the mutant community again. So no hypocrisy here at least
    Thing is though when has Wanda ever expressed the desire to be a part of any kind of mutant community?

Didn't she talk down on the idea of a mutant community to Rogue is UA?

Even after the crimes she committed against mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Thing is though when has Wanda ever expressed the desire to be a part of any kind of mutant community?

Didn't she talk down on the idea of a mutant community to Rogue is UA?

Even after the crimes she committed against mutants?
    It's the reason why it's interesting that Wanda and Pietro are still mutants. This way, the mutant community feels less like a cult: either 'in' or 'out'.
    I have blue eyes but I don't belong in the 'community of blue eyes', it's just a feature (they are not that blue anyway).
    The mutants need people on the fringe, otherwise…