View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Wanda Day!

December 9 is WANDA DAY..

..courtesy of the poster leokearon!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1653344

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

From Whizzer to Magneto, mutant to not.

Retcon upon retcon indeed.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Honestly, I want to say yes.

The two of them are so fascinating in their own right and the conflict that being the children of Magneto places on them adds to that both on the biases we, as the reader put upon them for it and how they, as characters play in or against that.

I don’t know how to simplify all the retcons that have been done to these characters, but I know how to make things worse...

What if?... Magneto and Magda were really their parents... and Magda was also a mutant... unbeknownst to everyone but Sinister, Xavier, and Moira. Since they mutants now have the power to essentially raise any and every mutant from death... well, you get the idea.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I wish they would bring Magda back. Just say she wandered into the Witch’s Road after trying to freeze to death, and since time and space isn’t a set constant there, she can wander back out or be rescued by Wanda in modern times. Her very presence would be an incredible challenge to Max’s life and agenda, especially now.

Astonishing Member

They'll make them Mags children again but really how much more convoluted can their backstory get?

All I want is a scene between Polaris and her foolish siblings.

I would love to see what the response would be when Wanda and Pietro turn up on Krakoa ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I would love to see what the response would be when Wanda and Pietro turn up on Krakoa ?.
    "Kill them with fire!!!"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    "Kill them with fire!!!"
    Wanda possibly, but they'd be cool with Pietro.

I would love Wanda to be allowed onto Krakoa without mutants just attacking her. After all they have Essex, Apoc, Selene, etc etc
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wanda possibly, but they'd be cool with Pietro.

I would love Wanda to be allowed onto Krakoa without mutants just attacking her. After all they have Essex, Apoc, Selene, etc etc
    Sinister literally worked out of a mutant concentration camp for a while, I don’t think that’s less forgiveable than Wanda warping reality out of a fit of insanity. It’s just a shame that she was never given a chance to truly redeem herself in the eyes of the readers. Both attempts (no more Phoenix and her solo stuff) didn’t go over that well.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I wish they would bring Magda back. Just say she wandered into the Witch’s Road after trying to freeze to death, and since time and space isn’t a set constant there, she can wander back out or be rescued by Wanda in modern times. Her very presence would be an incredible challenge to Max’s life and agenda, especially now.
    if we're talking Magneto love interests, i'd rather see Astra and/or Cassandra Michaels. the latter could at least make everyone new outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Sinister literally worked out of a mutant concentration camp for a while,
    in his defense, Essex's lack of compassion was chemically-induced. it was part of his initial augmentation. he's genuinely interested in scientific discovery. it's not sadism like with the nazis or the dark beast (who the X-Men recently worked with). Wanda caused some real suffering with her little spell. and she wasn't sorry about it. look at it from the perspective of Magma or her now incinerated boyfriend. being dissolved in a volcano is a really horrible way to die.

why are they sleeping on making Eileen Harsaw/Phantazia one of Magneto's children? Lorna could really use a sister. and Phantazia is a decent character. she deserved better than being driven insane and incarcerated post House of M.

BANNED

I feel like this ship has sailed. I’m much more interested in the Magneto/Polaris dynamic and in Wanda further exploring her witchy roots and would rather see focus on those things than on retconning a retcon of a retcon.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I feel like this ship has sailed. I’m much more interested in the Magneto/Polaris dynamic and in Wanda further exploring her witchy roots and would rather see focus on those things than on retconning a retcon of a retcon.
    Same. The damage is done. Marvel made Wanda and Pietro no longer mutants or related to Magneto. To change their status once again would be ridiculous and be panned. Let's give Lorna the light she deserves and if she chooses to engage with the great pretender and Pietro, so be it. We don't need them to be mutants.