View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it would be arrogant to assume this. you don't have mutant powers. you haven't been alive since before WWII. has one of your kids recklessly exposed people to terrigen mists or changed reality? do you live in a world where most encounters with other super powered individuals begins with violence?

again, he was never their parent. you're judging a character (who no longer exists because of Mutant Alpha) who didn't have kids or any reason to expect that Wanda and Pietro were his. not to mention that you're talking about a crazy individual who had been driven crazy by his experiences. why do the twins not get any blame for sticking around and taking the abuse of someone like that (they never defended Toad btw)? they didn't think that he was their father. they literally could have showed up at the X-Mansion and Xavier would have protected them; if it was fear that kept them around. if you want to judge the character that exists currently (especially as a father), it's only fair to start from the point where he became aware of their tie (which has since been retconned away) to him. his instinct was to seek them out and apologize.

P.S. Wanda used her "terrible life" as an excuse to depower mutants; leading to death and suffering.
    It doesn't matter about powers, mutations etc. My grandparents lived through WWII and were not abusive.

He didn't raise them. He did abuse them, did manipulate them and did both try to and kill them. And most of that came after he knew he was their father.

Also, Toad was a creep.

And yes, Bendis had Wanda blame her past on everything she did, ignoring her past.

But Wanda and Pietros flaws don't obsolve Mags. Nor do they nor have they obsolved them.

Crystal still doesn't let Pietro see Luna. Wanda still isn't forgiven by mutants.

You keep acting like I'm insulting Mags to prop up the twins.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-16-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

but they get a pass for fighting the X-Men? what do you think would have happened had they won those altercations? everyone forgets that Pietro flat out said that he didn't care for humans either when they were recruited.
    I never said anything about passes. You are injecting things into this conversation that just isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that an update on Magneto's origin is coming, one that makes him younger and eliminates his status as a Holocaust victim. Only after that point could he be made the father of the Maximoffs again. Of course, the update could eliminate the relationship even more.
    I don't think they'll ever separate him from that era, considering that it's now essential to the character.

it will always matter. they haven't retconned away Magda or Anya. my bet is that we see Magda again in the next few years.
    I hope so, but not gonna hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't matter about powers, mutations etc. My grandparents lived through WWII and were not abusive.
    i'll take your word on it. but a little more happened to the fictional character than living through WWII. i'd wager that most people would need to be institutionalized after what he experienced. and he still volunteered at a hospital where fellow survivors were comatose from their experiences. he didn't snap until the 3rd or 4th betrayal/death of a loved one. and then a lot of time passed between that and him saving the twins. he's a character with several realistic flaws.

He didn't raise them. He did abuse them, did manipulate them and did both try to and kill them. And most of that came after he knew he was their father.

Also, Toad was a creep.

And yes, Bendis had Wanda blame her past on everything she did, ignoring her past.

But Wanda and Pietros flaws don't obsolve Mags. Nor do they nor have they obsolved them.

Crystal still doesn't let Pietro see Luna. Wanda still isn't forgiven by mutants.

You keep acting like I'm insulting Mags to prop up the twins.
    i'm acting that way because i had to provide their history as a counter argument. now anyone reading this thread can see both sides. otherwise, it would just be people slamming Magneto; which really has nothing to do with the thread subject.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-16-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Believe me, I still like Mags despite his flaws. I see regret in his actions. And I know he's been through hell. And as someone with Jewish and Romani ancestry I understand his plight. My family were starved nearly to death in Europe before Hitler even came to power.

Mags is a good character. The flaws do make him stronger as character. Without them, he'd be one note.

Spectacular Member

read it again

While Bendis' characterizations tend to be big misses for the most part, here he really did get Magneto's voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I'm all for the Magneto Large family! And Wanda and Lorna are at the same time totally different characters but share the same tendancy toward mental instability, as if being the daughters of Magnus was a curse. I'd like to see them explore their relationship (I like more interactions between superhero communities) and what it means to be sisters.

And as for the general question, of course they're all the children of Magneto!
    Top 10 Super Powers You Didn't Know Polaris Had
    And Magda.We never talk about Magda, she's long thought dead, but we've never seen a body or a grave, no?
    Have we proofs that she's dead?
    I do not think so Regarding the character there is only a flashback that she left after giving birth to the Wanda and Pietro characters.

Amazing Member

Personally I don't think they should be changed from being High Evolutionary's Experiments, however I do like them being related to Magneto so I would have the story of Magda giving birth at Wundagore Mountain being true only for the child or children to be stillborn whose DNA the High Evolutionary used along with the DNA Whizzer's stillborn baby's to give Pietro and Wanda their powers making them still technically related to Magneto.

BANNED

Avengers West Coast #56 Mar 1990
    "Darker than Scarlet..." Guest-starring Magneto and Quicksilver.
    The Scarlet Witch has imprisoned Wonder Man, Wasp, USAgent and Agatha Harkness

and boasts at how she has switched sides, and is now anti-human,
    while her friends are very puzzled as to Wanda‘s sudden change.
    Meanwhile, Hank Pym explains to Human Torch and Ann Raymond what has been
    happening with Tigra and learns that she is missing, which is watched by Immortus.
    The Human Torch and Ann Raymond go in search of Tigra. While searching for Tigra,
    the Human Torch is witness to a government agent bringing the Avengers West Coast an eviction notice!
    Iron Man decides to take a few days off, when the emergency signal goes off and he is called back to Palos Verde.
    Hank also received the signal which leads him to Wanda’s cottage.
    En route, he recalls a recent meeting he had with her, in which he tried to examine her powers,
    learning that her powers have grown at an incredible rate so that she can now do things with a retroactive affect.
    Before Hank can reveal his presence, Magneto appears.
    Hank makes his entrance and holds Wanda at arms,

only for Quicksilver to come to his sisters rescue,

making it a family reunion unlike no other, while the rest of the heroes still remain helpless.

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Paul Ryan.

BANNED

big NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    big NOOOOO
    I’m shocked
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

so am i, a big fat no no

Astonishing Member

Believe me, I still like Mags despite his flaws. I see regret in his actions. And I know he's been through hell. And as someone with Jewish and Romani ancestry I understand his plight. My family were starved nearly to death in Europe before Hitler even came to power.

Mags is a good character. The flaws do make him stronger as character. Without them, he'd be one note.
    He's a good character who happens to be a monster. That's why he's a wonderful villain.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers West Coast #56 Mar 1990
    "Darker than Scarlet..." Guest-starring Magneto and Quicksilver.
    The Scarlet Witch has imprisoned Wonder Man, Wasp, USAgent and Agatha Harkness

and boasts at how she has switched sides, and is now anti-human,
    while her friends are very puzzled as to Wanda‘s sudden change.
    Meanwhile, Hank Pym explains to Human Torch and Ann Raymond what has been
    happening with Tigra and learns that she is missing, which is watched by Immortus.
    The Human Torch and Ann Raymond go in search of Tigra. While searching for Tigra,
    the Human Torch is witness to a government agent bringing the Avengers West Coast an eviction notice!
    Iron Man decides to take a few days off, when the emergency signal goes off and he is called back to Palos Verde.
    Hank also received the signal which leads him to Wanda’s cottage.
    En route, he recalls a recent meeting he had with her, in which he tried to examine her powers,
    learning that her powers have grown at an incredible rate so that she can now do things with a retroactive affect.
    Before Hank can reveal his presence, Magneto appears.
    Hank makes his entrance and holds Wanda at arms,

only for Quicksilver to come to his sisters rescue,

making it a family reunion unlike no other, while the rest of the heroes still remain helpless.

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Paul Ryan.
    I always liked this look for Wanda. Drop the cape or make it red and it would be my third favorite for her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.