View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wish there was a way to easily check to see if you’ve already weighed in on a particular topic.

My opinion hasn’t changed, no Magneto-Maximoff relation. The connection is terrible for everyone involved, and is quite boring.

Corollary to my opinion: we’re too far gone to not have them be family, so whatever.
    It's weird how mine changed, in comparison. I used to be on the "children of Magneto" camp, but currently I really think nothing good would come of making them related again. They should focus on Magneto's relationship with Polaris and other mutant characters and let the Avengers office fend for themselves with Wanda. Try not to bother with the inconsistencies that might become evident and just keep on the path we are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I used to be on the "children of Magneto" camp, but currently I really think nothing good would come of making them related again.
    Same.

YEARS ago, I enjoyed the fact that Pietro and Wanda were a tangible connection between the X and A corners of the Marvel Universe, but over time my tastes, expectations, and rationale changed significantly... made worse by the last twenty years of poor storytelling and positioning the twins as victims/villains/proxies.

Now, I'm more of a fan of Cpt Carol and Beast's relationships. The former was taken in by the X-Men "family" at one point, and Beast chose to be an Avenger at another. Both relationships between character and team highlight the characters' needs and the themes present in each team.

That's not to say I'm not a fan of the twins. I just think there's never been clarity or a proper shepherd for them, made worse by the prevalence and recurrence of male/female twins throughout the Marvel Universe. Were it up to me, things would be very different, and very magical.

As for Magneto, I don't think his character concept is served well at all by having a second generation. He's far too megalomaniacal to parent well, and too driven to develop the necessary bonds. Polaris sort of works since there's no relationship to speak of, save similar powers... I worry the need to pair matching powers as family. Are the Xavier, Frost, and Grey families related? Couldn't Polaris simply be adopted by a Magneto that recognizes her power and potential, but abandons her when her bipolar nature proves too much work and in the way of his global goals?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I'm all for the Magneto Large family! And Wanda and Lorna are at the same time totally different characters but share the same tendancy toward mental instability, as if being the daughters of Magnus was a curse. I'd like to see them explore their relationship (I like more interactions between superhero communities) and what it means to be sisters.

And as for the general question, of course they're all the children of Magneto! And Magda.
    We never talk about Magda, she's long thought dead, but we've never seen a body or a grave, no?
    Have we proofs that she's dead?
    There is the comicbook character Magneto's memory that the comicbook character Magda is dead..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #125 Sep 1979
    In orbit around Earth is Asteroid M, Magneto’s secret hideout. He is still recovering from injuries sustained in his last battle with the X-Men.
    While reviewing his computer records of his previous battles with the original team,
    he accidentally accesses an old data file on his late wife Magda.

Seeing her face causes him to recall the painful memory of the death of their child at the hands of bigoted peasants,
    as well as how Magda fled from him in fear when he used his powers to avenge their daughter.
    He deletes the file so that he does not have to relive the memories again.
    ..but beyond that?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

As for Magneto, I don't think his character concept is served well at all by having a second generation. He's far too megalomaniacal to parent well, and too driven to develop the necessary bonds. Polaris sort of works since there's no relationship to speak of, save similar powers... I worry the need to pair matching powers as family. Are the Xavier, Frost, and Grey families related? Couldn't Polaris simply be adopted by a Magneto that recognizes her power and potential, but abandons her when her bipolar nature proves too much work and in the way of his global goals?
    He is too focused on other things to be a good father but that's what i like about it, is so complicated, it makes me root for it to be better. It makes the little moments were things don't go wrong special.
    On the other point Nate, Cable and Rachel are all TK/TP as Jean and the Summers are laser turrets. Powers being shared through blood isn't that weird.

I’m all for complicated relationships, ego and frailty.

I get weary of people imposing a family dynamic on a character whose concept is so driven and sacrificing that a family bond would evaporate on impact. House of M is a darling of a story, which makes me suspect. Magneto, for me, is Logan Roy. A family man with no time for love and no trust to give.

I'm all for Magda having a frisky night and a superfecundation situation occurring because of it. I've always felt Pietro's interactions with the x-world are far more interesting than anything with Wanda. Have Mags be his daddy and send Scarlet to the guillotine.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-21-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm all for Magda has a frisky night and having a superfecundation situation. I've always felt Pietro's interactions with the x-world are far more interesting than anything with Wanda. Have Mags be his daddy and send Scarlet to the guillotine.
    A perfect compromise.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I voted yes, I believe a while ago, but I don't think the House of M concept will ever work really well outside of AU, animation, or film. I love this little dysfunctional family, but Wanda and Pietro will always be Avengers characters first, and Polaris and Magneto will always be X-Men characters first. Even if they undo it, I don't suspect much will change from the way it is now.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-21-2019 at 06:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's weird how mine changed, in comparison. I used to be on the "children of Magneto" camp, but currently I really think nothing good would come of making them related again. They should focus on Magneto's relationship with Polaris and other mutant characters and let the Avengers office fend for themselves with Wanda. Try not to bother with the inconsistencies that might become evident and just keep on the path we are currently.
    I agree.

I feel like that it wouldn't be a good idea to have them related again and would cause more problems with the Avengers and X-Men. IMO I think Wanda and Pietro are more invested and would rather be Avengers than help mutants or help the X-Men.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-21-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I'm perfectly fine with them being related.

It adds depth to the characters. The family angle was/is probably my favorite part about Magneto's brood.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I've realized that I don't care either way. They aren't necessary to the X-world to me, but they don't bother me.

They can be Magneto's kids or Cap's.

BANNED

Polaris is the only one that matters, so I don’t care if they stick with the latest retcon.

Fantastic Member

Don't know if I've said this before, but i'm pro- Mags fam, and think it was ridiculous that they separated them in the first place. Especially considering how the movie rights issue turned out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm all for Magda having a frisky night and a superfecundation situation occurring because of it. I've always felt Pietro's interactions with the x-world are far more interesting than anything with Wanda. Have Mags be his daddy and send Scarlet to the guillotine.
    Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm of two minds on one hand I think it's a better story Magneto being their dad and I definitely liked Quicksilver's daddy issues once learning his father was Magneto. But on another hand I will also did enjoy Wanda's relationship with Whizzer and wish that wasn't completely ignored either.
    Agreed since, back in Avengers #164, Wanda and the man she believed to be her father maintained contact.

In fact, the Whizzer aided the Avengers several times, much to her concern due to his deteriorating health.