View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The only part that bothers me is the "way more interesting" part. Because it's not true. And if a character is only interesting to you because of genetics that weren't really used or the man she was related to, do you really like her or just those two factoids?
    It’s all the potential stories that can be told that are interesting… with all the stories that have been already been told.

It was obvious that Wanda had a problem with being related to Magneto, with all her time in the Brotherhood. How she dealt with that was interesting…

And it’s also obvious that being a mutant didn’t mean for Wanda the same thing than for many mutants, it was something secondary to her, she built a life of her own that didn’t have something to do with that ideology… and that was interesting, too.

Life is harsh for super-heroes, we don’t read their stories to see them being happy and flourishing. (Otherwise it would be boring…) Wanda could be a very special mutant (if she resurrects, of course…) and not because she is a mutant, but an unique person with a peculiar vision of her place in the world…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

When the mutant Magneto was watching them training

it was interesting to note that the mutant Wanda found his eyes to be haunted and wanted to know what he suffered through.
    Later her brother, the mutant Quicksilver, finds out.

BANNED

It 's true! The mutant Magneto told the mutant Quicksilver about Anya...but NEVER the mutant Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s all the potential stories that can be told that are interesting… with all the stories that have been already been told.

It was obvious that Wanda had a problem with being related to Magneto, with all her time in the Brotherhood. How she dealt with that was interesting…

And it’s also obvious that being a mutant didn’t mean for Wanda the same thing than for many mutants, it was something secondary to her, she built a life of her own that didn’t have something to do with that ideology… and that was interesting, too.

Life is harsh for super-heroes, we don’t read their stories to see them being happy and flourishing. (Otherwise it would be boring…) Wanda could be a very special mutant (if she resurrects, of course…) and not because she is a mutant, but an unique person with a peculiar vision of her place in the world…
    Yeah but saying it makes her more interesting is just weird. It's just a fact about her. They didn't do anything with it. So it's like dreaming of something that isn't there. And severely discounts the character.

I think she needs to be away from it. It's done nothing but drag her down into an abyss anytime it's actually focused on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jan Duursema!!!

Professor Xavier and the X-Men Feb 1996
    Opportunities Missed
    Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch turn down Professor X and join Magneto's Brotherhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    When the mutant Magneto was watching them training

it was interesting to note that the mutant Wanda found his eyes to be haunted and wanted to know what he suffered through.
    Later her brother, the mutant Quicksilver, finds out.
    Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Jan Duursema https://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/j...rsema-birthday

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me, the cape looks terrific and that the colour isn't red is to me also great What are your first and second favorite looks for the comicbook character Wanda?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    pp

Her time on Force Works really got me into the character.

Attachment 112449
    Attachment 112450

I hate the gypsy and head gear look
    The first look you posted is the one I'd like to see in the MCU with the mutant Wanda leading the super hero team Force Works consisting of mutants, peak humans and super-humans The second look is to me godawful.

I am on the fence about it...

It would be ridiculously easy to undo the retcon. Wanda can remove the x-gene from all mutants and rewrite the past of a whole timeline... remove her own (and her brother's) x-gene and change their own past? That's child play for her.

Also, I dislike the clumsy way the retcon was done... the High Evolutionary made two babies he created pass as mutants for the lulz... it would have been much better to have them be Whizzer and Miss America's children again...

On the other hand, I am sick of the way Wanda is treated by mutants while Magneto's part is forgotten, and I want her as far away from them as possible...

Even if they reveal that Wanda is Magneto's daughter, I hope they don't give her the x-gene back... I don't want her to be roped into X-men adventures and get reminded of Decimation every page...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-01-2021 at 02:15 PM.

I didn't really like them as Whizzer's kids because the Franks were American and the twins were European. It didn't work. Plus it ages the twins too much to be the children of WWII characters. The Maximoffs work best since they are European and aren't tied to any era.

I think they are just having Mags consider himself like a father. Instead of biologically being one.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't really like them as Whizzer's kids because the Franks were American and the twins were European. It didn't work. Plus it ages the twins too much to be the children of WWII characters. The Maximoffs work best since they are European and aren't tied to any era.

I think they are just having Mags consider himself like a father. Instead of biologically being one.
    Nah, age is not a problem... the High Evolutionary could have dumped them in the freezer and forgotten them for a few decades until he remembered they were there and threw them at the Maximoffs...

About they being European... they are from a fake country with a cringy Hollywood "Europe is medieval" culture, so I don't care about that...

baumblume

she is judas

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    she is judas
    There's no need for this level of spam.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    she is judas
    The actor who played Watson in those Sherlock Holmes films?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if it would have been different if they'd done the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Magneto story in 2020 as planned, but it was cynical of them to let Ewing make it seem like they were going to reestablish her father/daughter relationship with Magneto (even if not her biological relationship) and have it lead into a miniseries that had basically nothing to do with it, and nothing to do with Magneto at this point.

I wish they'd just had Ewing write whatever story he wanted to write with them, since it would have been better executed than this. But it feels like they wanted to take advantage of fans' desire to see the retcon undone.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't know if it would have been different if they'd done the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Magneto story in 2020 as planned, but it was cynical of them to let Ewing make it seem like they were going to reestablish her father/daughter relationship with Magneto (even if not her biological relationship) and have it lead into a miniseries that had basically nothing to do with it, and nothing to do with Magneto at this point.

I wish they'd just had Ewing write whatever story he wanted to write with them, since it would have been better executed than this. But it feels like they wanted to take advantage of fans' desire to see the retcon undone.
    A HoM fan on twitter said he was catfished.

But, yes if they were going to do the we are family without biology story this wasn’t the way.