View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wanda, Lorna and Pietro!!! Children of Magneto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WHAT WAS BEFORE:

... MUST BE AGAIN!!!!

By happy accident or DIVINE design, they just go together in such a COMPLIMENTARY way...

... it's FATE they're reunited as family once more.

MAKE IT SO, MARVEL!!!!!!!
    Hear! Hear!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And who wrote House of M then? Make up your mind!
    Wolverine and the X-Men show robbed Wanda of her true belonging and place to fulfill herself and she was an okay island princess, but I would choose Avenger Wanda in any day.
    Also I have to be honest on that one as well, it's like the golden definition of ridding characters of their own arcs and stories in favor of this supposed family/unity.

Wanda being this island princess in Genosha would be like Magneto being the regular everyday civilian dad whose daughter is an Avenger.
    If you think Magneto being a regular "hero's family"(or could I just say the Aunt May role?) is off, then Wanda shouldn't be Magneto's "princess".
    They are essentially separated by different franchises, crossover is fine, but try not to forcing them together and rob them of home franchise.
    Well Magneto is no civilian..he is a survivor of the harshest that humanity can do to a free living being. So maybe Wanda will always have a smaller scope in comprehending Magneto..at least in this reality but being a princess made her happy when she had those twins deaged and under her care. She didnt give a damn about Vision or Captain America..those things werent important enough anymore..her relationship with Carol didnt count with those kids in play.

Wanda and Magneto ARE NOT SEPARATED by different franchises. Everytime Wanda has appeared in animation..she's MAGNETO'S DAUGHTER. It's not about Pietro or the Avengers..its about her being Magneto's heroic daughter. Evolution, Fox X men, and the Wolverine and X men run where she was his right hand and basically ruled everything next to him. That wss a good position for her. She showed grit and leadership..she showed her heroic side in how she cared for Lorna, Magneto, and Nightcrawler. She didnt really care for Pietro too much until her final offer in the season finale but either way you cut it...that's more Wanda than the Avengers shows ever gave her.

I love the Elizabeth Olsen portrayal and how she definitely stood out in the latest flick but she IS Magneto's daughter. Elizabeth Olsen would tell you straight up she wants a House of M presentation herself. That's not forced...lol. Just how it is.

So while Lorna is officially Princess of Genosha, Wanda is royalty too and they can sort it out amongst themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nobody is saying that Magneto or the family connection should be the most important thing about Wanda or Pietro. But it shouldn't be ignored either and as everything it will bring good and bad things, i prefer them connected than not being related for the sake of it.
    Sometime ago I discovered that a major "offspring" swap had transpired under my nose but, I made nothing of it because, I was afraid I would start talking to myself. Dig this... Lorna was believed to be the adopted of daughter Mr. & Mrs. Dane --> while, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff believed they were the biological offspring of Max Eisenhardt (aka Erik Magnus Lehnsherr). Now, and in a strange and twisted juxtaposition, we learn Wanda and Pietro were never mutants (What was Cerebro designed for again?) and that, Lorna's history with her biological father (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) goes all the way back to X-Men #52... Can someone theorize why are we not recognizing Anya Eisenhardt as being a player in all of this and, who put poor Lorna up for adoption in the first place?
    Last edited by Shreene; 05-03-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Well Magneto is no civilian..he is a survivor of the harshest that humanity can do to a free living being. So maybe Wanda will always have a smaller scope in comprehending Magneto..at least in this reality but being a princess made her happy when she had those twins deaged and under her care. She didnt give a damn about Vision or Captain America..those things werent important enough anymore..her relationship with Carol didnt count with those kids in play.

Wanda and Magneto ARE NOT SEPARATED by different franchises. Everytime Wanda has appeared in animation..she's MAGNETO'S DAUGHTER. It's not about Pietro or the Avengers..its about her being Magneto's heroic daughter. Evolution, Fox X men, and the Wolverine and X men run where she was his right hand and basically ruled everything next to him. That wss a good position for her. She showed grit and leadership..she showed her heroic side in how she cared for Lorna, Magneto, and Nightcrawler. She didnt really care for Pietro too much until her final offer in the season finale but either way you cut it...that's more Wanda than the Avengers shows ever gave her.

I love the Elizabeth Olsen portrayal and how she definitely stood out in the latest flick but she IS Magneto's daughter. Elizabeth Olsen would tell you straight up she wants a House of M presentation herself. That's not forced...lol. Just how it is.

So while Lorna is officially Princess of Genosha, Wanda is royalty too and they can sort it out amongst themselves.
    Wanda is an Avenger first and most, she can be an orphan from Wundagore and still be what she is. AND did just buy into that BS Bendis writing? Yeah, a perfect world for her where Vision doesn't even exist, Wanda should just put Magneto in a peacful place and call it a day.
    Seriously, Wanda wanting to be a cliche princess sitting at home all day with kids, ignoring her husband is a freaking insult to the character.
    And what you point out is exactly what is so BS about House of M, why would Steve, Vision, Django matter less to Wanda than Magneto?
    No reason other than Bendis make a cliche daddy's girl of her, to squeeze cheap family feels out of new readers, and clearly it worked, what a freaking crime to distort a character like that.

Wanda's story is about Wanda being her own heroic woman.
    Also can I just Evolution and WATXM really aren't the most faithful adaption of her?
    She was taken from her natural home and forced to play house with Magneto and some X-Men? How nice of that?
    And are we just going to ignored hundreds of Avengers issue in favor of "Wanda as a island princess"?
    This is what I just point out, you don't respect Wanda's history as an individual character. You think she is only good and awesome when she is playing Magneto's daughter.

That's why I make this assumption, what if Magneto is no long his classic self but rather Uncle Erik? Who plays the role of Wanda's father, who is at home supporting his Avenger daughter and stuff, does that sound fair to you?

And wow, since when is the actress considered the most reliable source of the character's history?
    Hearing something that destroyed a character out of the character's benenfactor is the most accursed thing ever.

So no, if that's what you had in mind, I am glad Wanda is free from Magneto family and its dramas.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-04-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would say that it depends on what kind of story is being told by the writer and this can be good or bad for the characters but thatīs how comics are imo, for example I didnīt like much how Pietro was handled by Robinson on the Scarlet with solo it seemed he was just there to be an antagonist for Wanda by, still it was nice when they made up at the end and got to meet their mother and it was interesting to see a little more of the relationship between the twins, and I loved what we found about their childhood years on Quicksilver no surrender.

Considering their story yes I would say they have complex feelings towards each other Wanda-Pietro, Wanda-her mother, Wanda-Tommy and Billy, Wanda-Magneto, Pietro-magneto, Pietro-Lorna, Magneto-Lorna, Pietro/Luna, etc , something we could even get to see a little of on Wandaīs solo series during her talks with Agatha. Itīs true that the Avengers are Wandaīs chosen family but I donīt think she would be so interested in knowing her past if she didnīt care at all about her biological family imo.

I understand that family drama doesnīt do it for you, still, it doesnīt mean that a writer canīt do something interesting with it and it doesnīt need to be the center of the development of the characters for years to come, it can in fact be something good for the development of all of them imo.

I never said House of M was a good example of the family potential, that story had very good art for them but it was more about the Avengers and X-men feelings over having their wishes granted than about the family, they pretty much were the main antagonist of the story and all of them looked bad when the story ended, I appreciate the story for what it is a super-hero crossover with really nice art, but I donīt think is the best story of the family ever, in fact, thatīs why I use the word "potential" the family has potential for more well done stories and I completely agree with you that if marvel has plans for the family they need to fix the mess.
    The most important thing for them each is to secure their place in their home franchise, for Wanda, Avengers apperance, before that, Magneto family stuff can wait.
    My personal favorite about Wanda is her Elder God lore, but that's not her basic insurance. Avnegers franchise is.
    I don't mind if I don't get my favorite dessert as long as I get the main course, but replacing the main course with random dessert material is always a no.

The last part is not talking about you apparently, and sorry if you think so, I appreciate it for respecting their individual interests.

Extraordinary Member

Nobody is saying that Magneto or the family connection should be the most important thing about Wanda or Pietro. But it shouldn't be ignored either and as everything it will bring good and bad things, i prefer them connected than not being related for the sake of it.
    That's why they should have their own places secured before this secondary stuff, the only way to prevent this connection taking over than it should is to let them have regular apperance outside of their family connection.
    Usually a teambook, with that secured, they can do crossover and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Sometime ago I discovered that a major "offspring" swap had transpired under my nose but, I made nothing of it because, I was afraid I would start talking to myself. Dig this... Lorna was believed to be the adopted of daughter Mr. & Mrs. Dane --> while, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff believed they were the biological offspring of Max Eisenhardt (aka Erik Magnus Lehnsherr). Now, and in a strange and twisted juxtaposition, we learn Wanda and Pietro were never mutants (What was Cerebro designed for again?) and that, Lorna's history with her biological father (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) goes all the way back to X-Men #52... Can someone theorize why are we not recognizing Anya Eisenhardt as being a player in all of this and, who put poor Lorna up for adoption in the first place?
    This raises an interesting thought I hadn't considered (but I bet others did), that the woman next to Prof X on the art for Hickman might be Anya instead of Amelia Voght who I thought was more likely.

That's why they should have their own places secured before this secondary stuff, the only way to prevent this connection taking over than it should is to let them have regular apperance outside of their family connection.
    Usually a teambook, with that secured, they can do crossover and stuff.
    I've seen some Wanda fans complain about the family connection, other Wanda fans say it's great, but having not dug deep on research, I don't know exactly the balance of bad vs good.

If it's as bad as how Lorna's been treated around or because of Havok, I understand wanting the twins doing other things first before doing family things. When I say that, I mean things like how Lorna went almost 50 years without an origin story. How her big return to comics in X-men Blue ended up being a Havok promo tool. How she got thrown into space and had her development thrown away to be exploited as a supporting character for Havok's space adventures. All the good things that should have happened but didn't, and all the bad things that never should've happened, tied directly to Marvel viewing her as "beneath" Havok.

If it's just that they've had bad moments, most of which Marvel at least makes an attempt to rectify later? Then I see no reason the twins can't simultaneously be part of the family, doing family things, and do their own things outside the family.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Wanda is an Avenger first and most, she can be an orphan from Wundagore and still be what she is. AND did just buy into that BS Bendis writing? Yeah, a perfect world for her where Vision doesn't even exist, Wanda should just put Magneto in a peacful place and call it a day.
    Seriously, Wanda wanting to be a cliche princess sitting at home all day with kids, ignoring her husband is a freaking insult to the character.
    And what you point out is exactly what is so BS about House of M, why would Steve, Vision, Django matter less to Wanda than Magneto?
    No reason other than Bendis make a cliche daddy's girl of her, to squeeze cheap family feels out of new readers, and clearly it worked, what a freaking crime to distort a character like that.

Wanda's story is about Wanda being her own heroic woman.
    Also can I just Evolution and WATXM really aren't the most faithful adaption of her?
    She was taken from her natural home and forced to play house with Magneto and some X-Men? How nice of that?
    And are we just going to ignored hundreds of Avengers issue in favor of "Wanda as a island princess"?
    This is what I just point out, you don't respect Wanda's history as an individual character. You think she is only good and awesome when she is playing Magneto's daughter.

That's why I make this assumption, what if Magneto is no long his classic self but rather Uncle Erik? Who plays the role of Wanda's father, who is at home supporting his Avenger daughter and stuff, does that sound fair to you?

And wow, since when is the actress considered the most reliable source of the character's history?
    Hearing something that destroyed a character out of the character's benenfactor is the most accursed thing ever.

So no, if that's what you had in mind, I am glad Wanda is free from Magneto family and its dramas.
    Well Pietro is responsible for House of M so the whys of her choice come from him and his selfishness. But even by Children's Crusade, she didnt really want to be at odds with Magneto when she got her memory back but then again..she also was willing to marry Doom if he stopped being selfish...instead he took the blame and she was able to start over.

But Remender didnt stop..he made Wanda and Rogue rivals oddly enough and kept bringing up Magneto's good relationship with Rogue as a point of issue with Wanda even after that was dead by CC. Lol.

Bendis didnt know proper Magneto/Wanda history....he had her talk like a new character at the end of House of M..she was blaming Magneto even though it was Pietro 's fault for the whole fiasco and forgot how Magneto saved her from death in Avengers #503 after her loyal friends left her for dead.

Wanda free from the family drama makes her unrecognizable and blank slate that no one would possibly read...The Vision and Wanda stuff isnt a money angle..it never was. Wanda and Doom or Wanda and Rogers would get people talking but they got cold feet before pulling the trigger on that.

You can go to her greatest sorcery stories and they dont have that same fascination compared to her connection with Magneto. Her father is the Arch enemy of the X Men in the mythos...of course it was gonna get pushed...lol. She cant just be a hero out there and not react to what Magneto is doing to save mutantkind.

Their connection created drama with Exodus, Lorna, Pietro, the Avengers, Vision...how can you legitimately think Wanda Maximoff stands on her own two feet without being Magneto's daughter? It doesnt add up.

Another problem...the worst problem is that Magneto not being her father MESSES Wanda's entire trajectory up...she's not a mutant? She didnt go through all the things "big bad Magneto, my bad guy father" put her through? She wiped out mutantkind over a guy that wasnt even her blood? Its silly.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 05-04-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Well Pietro is responsible for House of M so the whys of her choice come from him and his selfishness. But even by Children's Crusade, she didnt really want to be at odds with Magneto when she got her memory back but then again..she also was willing to marry Doom if he stopped being selfish...instead he took the blame and she was able to start over.

But Remender didnt stop..he made Wanda and Rogue rivals oddly enough and kept bringing up Magneto's good relationship with Rogue as a point of issue with Wanda even after that was dead by CC. Lol.

Bendis didnt know proper Magneto/Wanda history....he had her talk like a new character at the end of House of M..she was blaming Magneto even though it was Pietro 's fault for the whole fiasco and forgot how Magneto saved her from death in Avengers #503 after her loyal friends left her for dead.

Wanda free from the family drama makes her unrecognizable and blank slate that no one would possibly read...The Vision and Wanda stuff isnt a money angle..it never was. Wanda and Doom or Wanda and Rogers would get people talking but they got cold feet before pulling the trigger on that.

You can go to her greatest sorcery stories and they dont have that same fascination compared to her connection with Magneto. Her father is the Arch enemy of the X Men in the mythos...of course it was gonna get pushed...lol. She cant just be a hero out there and not react to what Magneto is doing to save mutantkind.

Their connection created drama with Exodus, Lorna, Pietro, the Avengers, Vision...how can you legitimately think Wanda Maximoff stands on her own two feet without being Magneto's daughter? It doesnt add up.

Another problem...the worst problem is that Magneto not being her father MESSES Wanda's entire trajectory up...she's not a mutant? She didnt go through all the things "big bad Magneto, my bad guy father" put her through? She wiped out mutantkind over a guy that wasnt even her blood? Its silly.
    I honestly think the Magneto fascination is for non-Wanda fans. Because Wanda has a lot of history and a lot of presence in comics that has nothing to do with Magneto. Free from family drama. So it hardly makes her unrecognizable. As a Wanda fan, I prefer stories that forward HER narrative, not Mags. Not Pietro even, either. She did stand on her own two feet, for a lot of years. Lead teams, co-lead teams. Without his presence. I didn't like the parental retcon (mainly because I feel that she's had too many retcons), but Mags caused her nothing but pain and strife.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I honestly think the Magneto fascination is for non-Wanda fans. Because Wanda has a lot of history and a lot of presence in comics that has nothing to do with Magneto. Free from family drama. So it hardly makes her unrecognizable. As a Wanda fan, I prefer stories that forward HER narrative, not Mags. Not Pietro even, either. She did stand on her own two feet, for a lot of years. Lead teams, co-lead teams. Without his presence. I didn't like the parental retcon (mainly because I feel that she's had too many retcons), but Mags caused her nothing but pain and strife.
    Being connected with her extended family doesn't prevent her development. she can still lead/colead teams while being related to them.

Being connected with her extended family doesn't prevent her development. she can still lead/colead teams while being related to them.
    She indeed can, but I'm more arguing the point that she wasn't defined by them either. That's bs when she's been in thousands of comics and there's barely been anything on the family front. Even with Pietro, he left early to go be with Crystal. He only showed up sparingly as well. Wanda's biggest chunk of time was indeed with the Avengers. And then with Vision who she was with for about 14 years real life time, and some odd time in the sliding timescale. Which still seems to be in story a significant amount of her life.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She indeed can, but I'm more arguing the point that she wasn't defined by them either. That's bs when she's been in thousands of comics and there's barely been anything on the family front. Even with Pietro, he left early to go be with Crystal. He only showed up sparingly as well. Wanda's biggest chunk of time was indeed with the Avengers. And then with Vision who she was with for about 14 years real life time, and some odd time in the sliding timescale. Which still seems to be in story a significant amount of her life.
    It is curious, to me Wanda was the family member that was less defined by their relationship. The truth is that she doesn't need that connection but it is just a small bit that i enjoy.
    I don't think it consumes her whole, it just needs to be referenced from time to time
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-04-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It is curious, to me Wanda was the family member that was less defined by their relationship. The truth is that she doesn't need that connection but it is just a small bit that i enjoy.
    I don't think it consumes her whole, it just needs to be referenced from time to time
    I agree Wanda and Pietro have their own development at the avengers and X-factor but their relationship with magneto is something I enjoy and I believe it adds to their narrative.

Most if not all of the members in the family have stablished personalities, power, their own story and development, on their own and as a family, even Luna had some nice character grow after house of M so when they get together in a crossover, or in a comic it feels like an event in itself because of all their accumulated history.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-04-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

That's the point..Magnero is the bad guy to keep Wanda the victim... writers loved running to that point..even good ones like Kurt Busiek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree Wanda and Pietro have their own development at the avengers and X-factor but their relationship with magneto is something I enjoy and I believe it adds to their narrative.

Most if not all of the members in the family have stablished personalities, power, their own story and development, on their own and as a family, even Luna had some nice character grow after house of M so when they get together in a crossover, or in a comic it feels like an event in itself because of all their accumulated history.
    Yes, Luna did grow.

The real question is which office would control the event.