View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs from Magneto: Not a hero #1 by Skottie Young and Clay Mann

I agree but imo they were doomed to fail because you canīt have a healthy Wanda and HoM at the same time, she needed to stay in a bad condition for it to happen but the character work needed for this wasnīt nearly done as well. Xavier is supposed to be an expert psychiatrist who has healed several patients with severe psychological conditions like Gabrielle Haller or Jean Grey , yet his treatment of Wanda was clumsy and careless, OC in short, and Doctor Strange was there to threat the magical aspect of the problem because it was obvious something was wrong with Wandaīs magic, I just ignore everything Strange said during AD it never made any sense, Childrenīs Crusade at least explained the magical side a lot better, still, Wandaīs pov was never touched and this was a story that for it to really work it needed her pov badly, How can you make a crossover about Wandaīs losing control of herself and her magic without her pov is beyond me, even if you are writting her as an antagonist. Because of this I canīt really enjoy HoM despite Coipelīs art, as much as I did Avengerīs Childrenīs Crusade.
    Thank you for answering all my questions!
    Sorry for bothering you so much. I have bad memory

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

No problem, I like to share, especially about this topic and not many fans remember Magneto:Not a hero, except Rosenberg it seems, the story is about Astra and Joseph coming back to fight with Magneto when he was living with the X-men on Utopia, it has some nice art by Clay Mann and some interesting concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Username
    They could've used a plot device item instead of a character. If something can't happen without forcing a character out of the story. If they have to be put into coma and changed completely for this all to be likely, then they have lots of things out there that can warp reality. Wanda couldn't warp reality unless she was using an outside source. So they should've used something else from the beginning. Cosmic cube, the stones, create an item. They had options if they didn't have the time or the plans to make it about the character losing control.
    I agree, I donīt really know what logic marvel was using at the time, I get why they wanted to make drastic changes to the Avengers franchise for it to be ready for the MCU but "why Wanda?, I donīt know and if they wanted to do a "dark phoenix" style story with her, they should have done the work of developing her pov otherwise she is just a plot device in a crossover that was supposed to be about her, her relationship with the Avengers and her family and not just about how betrayed and angry the Avengers and the X-men felt.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-06-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

No problem, I like to share, especially about this topic and not many fans remember Magneto:Not a hero, except Rosenberg it seems, the story is about Astra and Joseph coming back to fight with Magneto when he was living with the X-men on Utopia, it has some nice art by Clay Mann and some interesting concepts.

I agree, I donīt really know what logic marvel was using at the time, I get why they wanted to make drastic changes to the Avengers franchise for it to be ready for the MCU but "why Wanda?, I donīt know and if they wanted to do a "dark phoenix" style story with her, they should have done the work of developing her pov otherwise she is just a plot device in a crossover that was supposed to be about her, her relationship with the Avengers and her family and not just about how betrayed and angry the Avengers and the X-men felt.
    Yeah that's the big difference between the stories. The Phoenix Saga was Jean's story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    The alternate ones are good..Gage wrote House of M Civil War and it was good.
    HoM:CW built a somewhat decent backstory on a rather rotten foundation.
    Hopeless not so much, but it's a Secret War tie-in, so no big deal.

Extraordinary Member

Itīs from Magneto: Not a hero #1 by Skottie Young and Clay Mann

I agree but imo they were doomed to fail because you canīt have a healthy Wanda and HoM at the same time, she needed to stay in a bad condition for it to happen but the character work needed for this wasnīt nearly done as well. Xavier is supposed to be an expert psychiatrist who has healed several patients with severe psychological conditions like Gabrielle Haller or Jean Grey , yet his treatment of Wanda was clumsy and careless, OC in short, and Doctor Strange was there to threat the magical aspect of the problem because it was obvious something was wrong with Wandaīs magic, I just ignore everything Strange said during AD it never made any sense, Childrenīs Crusade at least explained the magical side a lot better, still, Wandaīs pov was never touched and this was a story that for it to really work it needed her pov badly, How can you make a crossover about Wandaīs losing control of herself and her magic without her pov is beyond me, even if you are writting her as an antagonist. Because of this I canīt really enjoy HoM despite Coipelīs art, as much as I did Avengerīs Childrenīs Crusade.
    Ah, Stephen is actually the most fun part for me in AD. I mean I read every line he said picturing him holding a "Worst Doctor Ever" mug in my head. No hate for Stephen, I see him as much as a victim of AD just like Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They could've used a plot device item instead of a character. If something can't happen without forcing a character out of the story. If they have to be put into coma and changed completely for this all to be likely, then they have lots of things out there that can warp reality. Wanda couldn't warp reality unless she was using an outside source. So they should've used something else from the beginning. Cosmic cube, the stones, create an item. They had options if they didn't have the time or the plans to make it about the character losing control.
    Wanda: Here is a Cosmic Cube, try to use this and whatever stuff it turned into when you guys feel like getting your own people killed and screwed to continue the story.
    Also here is a clone Wanda, what? Thanos got a few of them, so try to bother her first okay?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda: Here is a Cosmic Cube, try to use this and whatever stuff it turned into when you guys feel like getting your own people killed and screwed to continue the story.
    Also here is a clone Wanda, what? Thanos got a few of them, so try to bother her first okay?
    I had a theory for a lot of years that current Wanda is actually Lore. I'm still not completely sure this is the real Wanda, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I had a theory for a lot of years that current Wanda is actually Lore. I'm still not completely sure this is the real Wanda, lol.
    Lore: Wanda, you crazy evil bitch, how dare you put me through all that crap, just stab me with a sword again, I wanna go home...
    That being said, Wanda had some good moments post-AD/HoM, not essential stuff, but I wouldn't want her to be an evil clone or something.( Because that would mean she was gone for longer than I thought)

Incredible Member

Here's my take. It's not evidenced in any way, but still a fun theory. Magda Lenshernn never died. She went into hiding after giving birth to Pietro and Wanda, and traumatized by the fact Erik was a mutant and her own children were possibly mutants too, she began to study Dark Magic under Ch'ton's tutelage to "protect humans" from the mutant threat. She's the one responsible for Wanda's descent into madness (which would explain everything from disassembled to Axis), Magneto's returns to villainy and everything bad that happened to the Magnus family, orchestrating everything from behind the scenes.
    And now is the time for Magda's great entrance as she wants to offer Earth to Ch'ton.
    Make it written by Kurt Busiek, because he's the one who repairs damaged characters (remember how he fixed Carol Danvers in his Avengers run!).

Tie that in with Margali Szardos and Cynthia Doom and you’ve got yourself a major crossover event there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Here's my take. It's not evidenced in any way, but still a fun theory. Magda Lenshernn never died. She went into hiding after giving birth to Pietro and Wanda, and traumatized by the fact Erik was a mutant and her own children were possibly mutants too, she began to study Dark Magic under Ch'ton's tutelage to "protect humans" from the mutant threat. She's the one responsible for Wanda's descent into madness (which would explain everything from disassembled to Axis), Magneto's returns to villainy and everything bad that happened to the Magnus family, orchestrating everything from behind the scenes.
    And now is the time for Magda's great entrance as she wants to offer Earth to Ch'ton.
    Make it written by Kurt Busiek, because he's the one who repairs damaged characters (remember how he fixed Carol Danvers in his Avengers run!).
    Well, Mystic Arcana/Marvel Tarot already went the "Chthon is behind all" routine, but they were kinda just ignored.
    Also why would Chthon want to teach a regular human woman?
    He made "investments" like Wanda and Victoria because they have potential.(And they are also born with his influence.)
    He wanted to control people like Modred the Mystic, Morgan Le Fay, etc since they are already powerful magic users and thus desriable thrall to him.
    Even Carnage can be valuable to him in terms of the violence he can inflict.
    This take will kinda just mess up Wanda's lore and the rest of Elder God mythos.

Would be fine if Magda is just taken in by Chthon Cultists roaming Wundagore at that time. And she climb to the top rank for some reason, and then learnt the fact that her daughter is the "Chosen One" for her lord, and somehow believe Chthon is mankind's savior or something.
    (They still probably need to explain how Magda could endure horrific things Chthon cultists do for a living.)

But again blaming all of that on Magneto's expendable is rather cheap.
    If I am getting a Chthon related story, I would rather it written by Busiek, let him add more to the Chthon/Wanda/Chaos Magic lore, and leave the HoM elements.
    I don't want my favorite mystical elements around Wanda dragged down by her burdens.

Incredible Member

Well, Mystic Arcana/Marvel Tarot already went the "Chthon is behind all" routine, but they were kinda just ignored.
    Also why would Chthon want to teach a regular human woman?
    He made "investments" like Wanda and Victoria because they have potential.(And they are also born with his influence.)
    He wanted to control people like Modred the Mystic, Morgan Le Fay, etc since they are already powerful magic users and thus desriable thrall to him.
    Even Carnage can be valuable to him in terms of the violence he can inflict.
    This take will kinda just mess up Wanda's lore and the rest of Elder God mythos.

Would be fine if Magda is just taken in by Chthon Cultists roaming Wundagore at that time. And she climb to the top rank for some reason, and then learnt the fact that her daughter is the "Chosen One" for her lord, and somehow believe Chthon is mankind's savior or something.
    (They still probably need to explain how Magda could endure horrific things Chthon cultists do for a living.)

But again blaming all of that on Magneto's expendable is rather cheap.
    If I am getting a Chthon related story, I would rather it written by Busiek, let him add more to the Chthon/Wanda/Chaos Magic lore, and leave the HoM elements.
    I don't want my favorite mystical elements around Wanda dragged down by her burdens.
    The fact iswe don't know much about Magda, she looked like a kind person, but what if she wasn't? We didn't know her background. I agree with you on Magda climbing to the top rank of cultists would be a more interesting story.And I proposed Busiek as a writer because 1)He loves those characters and knows them and 2) he's the writer able to make sense of circumvoluted storylines and explain the Immortus/Rama-Tut/Kang thing in 3 sentences!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The fact iswe don't know much about Magda, she looked like a kind person, but what if she wasn't? We didn't know her background. I agree with you on Magda climbing to the top rank of cultists would be a more interesting story.And I proposed Busiek as a writer because 1)He loves those characters and knows them and 2) he's the writer able to make sense of circumvoluted storylines and explain the Immortus/Rama-Tut/Kang thing in 3 sentences!
    Yeah, Busiek is well-suited, even though he didn't go deeper into Chthon's lore, he did introduce Chaos Magic for Wanda and explain her power in an interestng and relatively simple way.
    I find "Magda being tempted by Chthon" kinda weird since Magneto killing people is enough to turn her away, but Chthon and the actions of his followers could be more gruesome and disturbing. (Though of course, he can just send a handsome sorcerer like Modred to play the nice guy, Wanda fell for that and thought Modred was a good guy.)

BANNED

Yeah, Busiek is well-suited, even though he didn't go deeper into Chthon's lore, he did introduce Chaos Magic for Wanda and explain her power in an interestng and relatively simple way.
    I find "Magda being tempted by Chthon" kinda weird since Magneto killing people is enough to turn her away, but Chthon and the actions of his followers could be more gruesome and disturbing. (Though of course, he can just send a handsome sorcerer like Modred to play the nice guy, Wanda fell for that and thought Modred was a good guy.)
    Enough? Magneto killed for them to escape in the first place so her getting snooty and holding her nose up after he lashed out at murderers and racists was pretty silly. Could she be so mentally weak?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Enough? Magneto killed for them to escape in the first place so her getting snooty and holding her nose up after he lashed out at murderers and racists was pretty silly. Could she be so mentally weak?
    He still killed bunch of people, also this is not about Magneto scaring Magda, it's about an Elder God and its followers capable of inflicting way more mental stress and trauma on a person than a single angry mutant.
    If Magda is "mentally weak", she wouldn't really be useful to that kind of organization. That's the point. Can the Magda we know survives something like that?