View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I want more options.

Mutants, but not related to Magneto works best for me.

I'd be also fine with them just being Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree with you, to me Wanda and Pietro will always be Magnetos children.
    me too house of m forever

They should be mutants
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quicksilver got his powers from the High Evolutionary. The HE gave them mutant DNA signatures to fool the mutant detectors. Quicksilver lost his powers on M Day because the spell affected those with mutant DNA signatures. He then took terrigan mist and wasn’t poisoned by it, which proves he is not a mutant.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver got his powers from the High Evolutionary. The HE gave them mutant DNA signatures to fool the mutant detectors. Quicksilver lost his powers on M Day because the spell affected those with mutant DNA signatures. He then took terrigan mist and wasn’t poisoned by it, which proves he is not a mutant.
    Terrigen didn't poison people before the retcon, it just accelerated their potentials. Humans would die because their bodies couldn't take it. Mutants would get such a big boost that their powers would eith work against them, or not. Quicksilver was still being written as a mutant back then, and it just enhanced his speed.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Marvel is a mess. They don’t know what they r doing.

Wait they recton Luna being a human? So she was always an Inhuman or did QS expose her to Terrigen Mist?
    When she was born Reed said that her mutant and inhuman dna canceled each other out, making her human. Then during Son of M, Quicksilver made her inhale the Terrigen Mists, making her inhuman. If she were a human, she would have lived for a couple of days before dying, but instead everything was stable and she was inhuman all of a sudden.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This vote went the way it should have. That is all.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It was a dumb retcon fueled by corporate synergy and a really out of touch view of the relation between movies and comics. Needs to be undone, but they went to such heights to put it in place it's not going to be easy.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yes. The change was one of the most disgraceful moments of the Disney marvel era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    This dumb retcon damaged all of the characters involved and threw out decades of great stories. I refuse to acknowledge it as canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree with you, to me Wanda and Pietro will always be Magnetos children.

ALWAYS yes to this. I am fairly adaptable when it comes to retcons but this is one that really irritated me. So much so I choose to ignore it and that they will ultimately retcon it back. I think the reason it irritated me is that it was obviously not really driven by pushing a certain storyline ahead, but that it was done due to the politics between Dismarvel and Fox and Dismarvel wanting to debrand QS and SW from the "mutants" label, since that label was something Fox was using.

BANNED

Meh. Them being Magneto's kids was a retcon to begin with.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nothing good ever came from the relationship, imo.

However, I think the twins should have retained their mutancy. I don't like Wanda actually knowing any magic whatsoever. Her codename should be completely ironic.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Well Marvel, I think you have your answer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This vote went the way it should have. That is all.
    They knew this before they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It was a dumb retcon fueled by corporate synergy and a really out of touch view of the relation between movies and comics. Needs to be undone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverines View Post
    Yes. The change was one of the most disgraceful moments of the Disney marvel era.
    "Cutting off the nose to SPITE the face"...
    ... is an expression to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Better hold on to that REAL tight, like with a DEATH grip. 'Cause with the Disney/FoX deal, it's...

... ONLY a MATTER OF TIME...

... BEFORE the EPICNESS RETURNS!!!!

💜❤💙💚
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-18-2018 at 07:07 AM.

It will return, but I think Marvel will want to try to show it wasn't just over them pissed off at Fox so there will likely be a delay after the consumption of Fox by Disney where the status quo will remain until there is an event where it gets undone.