View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

If nothing else, this does reveal there are is a lot of story potential in the relationship drama and dynamics of the House of M. Marvel spent thirty years building it up, five years can’t erase that.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    If nothing else, this does reveal there are is a lot of story potential in the relationship drama and dynamics of the House of M. Marvel spent thirty years building it up, five years can’t erase that.
    I agree, in fact the present situation with Krakoa and the quiet council adds drama given how Xavier himself talked about Wandaīs actions and Pietro by association so we have mutant leader Magneto with one child who has always been a mutant supporter and two children who seem to be human and one of them being considered openly hostile to mutantkind and both are on the side of the Avengers. I just dont think Magneto needs to be killed to add drama, he has been killed a lot and came back from that and his place in the council isnīt hereditary, rather itīs because mutants in general recognize him as a mutant leader, for Lorna, Wanda and pietro to take his place they would have to show their willingness to be mutant leaders too unlike GOT where power comes from familar relationships. Marvel could take some ideas from GOT but on this matter things are a little more complicated.

Edit: Now Krakoa relationship with the Inhumans is where things really could take GOT understones given Pietro,Luna and Wanda conflicted relationship with both parties, on the inhumans side you have the Royal family who does put a lot of value in family lines and on the other you have Lorna and Magneto who definitely still see them as family. All you need is a new conflict between inhumans and mutants.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-05-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree, in fact the present situation with Krakoa and the quiet council adds drama given how Xavier himself talked about Wandaīs actions and Pietro by association so we have mutant leader Magneto with one child who has always been a mutant supporter and two children who seem to be human and on the side of the Avengers,
    Here’s to hoping those rumors of the twins being restored to the House of M after all, if only to see them at all this in the next year.

I just dont think Magneto needs to be killed to add drama, he has been killed a lot and came back from that and his place in the council isnīt hereditary, rather itīs because mutants in general recognize him as a mutant leader, for Lorna, Wanda and pietro to take his place they would have to show their willigness to be mutant leaders too unlike GOT where power comes from familar relationships. Marvel could take some ideas from GOT but on this matter things are a little more complicated.
    The last post was more tongue in cheek about the tribalism and faction infighting going on. Wanda and Magneto fans are still upset with each other, while the Pietro and Lorna fans just want them to be on a cover or be involved at all.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Here’s to hoping those rumors of the twins being restored to the House of M after all, if only to see them at all this in the next year.
    Agreed I hope we see news on this soon, I was hoping for a mini or a crossover with them this year.

The last post was more tongue in cheek about the tribalism and faction infighting going on. Wanda and Magneto fans are still upset with each other, while the Pietro and Lorna fans just want them to be on a cover or be involved at all.
    Yes, unfortunately, As a magneto fan I understand how HOM hurted Wandaīs character and that has made some of them defensive of Wanda while thinking the whole family concept is hurtful towards her, I just think that a new story that addresses HOM to advance the characters from that point would be good for all characters involved but for this to happen we need an exterior menace to unite the family, imo, CHTON could be this, especially if marvel wants to get things clear on the whole Magda/Natalya issue, and of course, this time without letting Lorna and Luna out of the story and bring Tommy and Billy in officially.

This family just has so much potential storywise and from their own comic book story that I just donīt see why marvel keeps on making incomplete stories of them: Magnetoīs family isnīt just The twins and Magneto, or Lorna and magneto, or Pietro and Wanda, Billy &Tommy, Crystal &Luna, itīs ALL OF THEM TOGETHER, thatīs the whole family, by symply being they unite the Avengers, X-men and Inhumans, I have yet to see any other marvel family capable of doing that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Unless Lorna joins in on the patricide. Then she can finally be an omega mutant and take his spot in the Quiet Council, at least until he comes back.

Or Wanda keeps Magneto distracted while Lorna and Pietro run the show. Why, it practically writes itself!

I would rather they find a reason to team up and take on human corruption and do a Game of Thrones style political maneuvering, but baby steps.
    I would rather read a comic where Wanda is on life support and Lorna unplugs it to charge her phone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    I would rather read a comic where Wanda is on life support and Lorna unplugs it to charge her phone.
    Electric chair!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Polaris will probably have to plan some fratricide
    It's murders all the way down!

ok but what if they all get family therapy and avoid killing each other unnecesarily, I appoint either Xorn, Doc Samson or both as their therapists.
    I vaguely remember a fan Tumblr post of the Magnus family in a Jerry Springer episode.

Or Wanda keeps Magneto distracted while Lorna and Pietro run the show. Why, it practically writes itself!

I would rather they find a reason to team up and take on human corruption and do a Game of Thrones style political maneuvering, but baby steps.
    As much as I like how Lorna was treated in Secret Wars: House of M, one of its black marks was Pietro's treatment. It had him betraying his family to try to acquire power, then acting cowardly in a fight with Lorna, both of which just felt like making him into something bad that he's not. I would've preferred something like Pietro playing Namor to maneuver him into defeat at the family's hands.

I say that to pretty much say I think we've seen glimpses of its potential (at Marvel, not in fandom; fandom's done amazing with it), but Marvel's not really explored it, and had issues they need to work out in pursuit of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Wanda, in her head, dying: "Why are you even doing that, you're a living phone charger."

Lorna, replying with EM brain waves: "Eh, gotta save my brain juice for watching Maury in my head."
    Last edited by salarta; 10-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Unless Lorna joins in on the patricide. Then she can finally be an omega mutant and take his spot in the Quiet Council, at least until he comes back.
    She is going to have to kill the king to level up to Omega. LOL.

Though there is truth that the Genosha set up provided greater range for Lorna (and Pietro for that matter) given they were involved in the islands government.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, unfortunately, As a magneto fan I understand how HOM hurted Wandaīs character and that has made some of them defensive of Wanda while thinking the whole family concept is hurtful towards her, I just think that a new story that addresses HOM to advance the characters from that point would be good for all characters involved but for this to happen we need an exterior menace to unite the family, imo, CHTON could be this, especially if marvel wants to get things clear on the whole Magda/Natalya issue, and of course, this time without letting Lorna and Luna out of the story and bring Tommy and Billy in officially.
    I mean as we've seen in this thread, there are still people who to this day hate Wanda. And I don't think it's just because of Decimation, but because HoM was the first comic that ever suggested Wanda simply didn't like being a mutant (which is why she was human in her fantasy world) and that her being mostly an Avengers character was because she was a self-hating mutant. Her fans can argue against that all they want, and it's true that there was never anything before HoM to suggest she was a self-hating mutant (and that in fact she was "out" as a mutant when the X-Men all kept their identities secret), but that's what one big crossover story can do to a character.

At this point I'm so desperate to see her in a comic again that I would even accept a story about Magneto (and as I may have said before, I think I believe the idea that they were going to do a story like that and canceled plans for it; that would explain why she and Pietro have simply vanished from the comics). But I don't think it would do her any good.

This family just has so much potential storywise and from their own comic book story that I just donīt see why marvel keeps on making incomplete stories of them: Magnetoīs family isnīt just The twins and Magneto, or Lorna and magneto, or Pietro and Wanda, Billy &Tommy, Crystal &Luna, itīs ALL OF THEM TOGETHER, thatīs the whole family, by symply being they unite the Avengers, X-men and Inhumans, I have yet to see any other marvel family capable of doing that.
    One of the things I like about Wanda as a character is that she's connected to so many parts of the MU: a former X-Men villain and longtime Avenger whose brother married an Inhuman royal, learned magic from the Fantastic Four's nanny, and whose husband has the same body as the Golden Age Human Torch. Oh, and the Sorcerer Supreme delivered her children.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    And I don't think it's just because of Decimation, but because HoM was the first comic that ever suggested Wanda simply didn't like being a mutant (which is why she was human in her fantasy world) and that her being mostly an Avengers character was because she was a self-hating mutant. Her fans can argue against that all they want, and it's true that there was never anything before HoM to suggest she was a self-hating mutant (and that in fact she was "out" as a mutant when the X-Men all kept their identities secret), but that's what one big crossover story can do to a character.
    Has there been a Wanda fan that argued that she didn't like being a mutant? Because I've never seen that said. Just that they didn't create too many stories that focused on her being a mutant. It was mostly Avengers focused. For about 50 years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

X-Men fans only want Wanda to be Magneto's daughter so they can vent hatred on her. They don't want her around, so stop insisting they are related.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

As much as I like how Lorna was treated in Secret Wars: House of M, one of its black marks was Pietro's treatment. It had him betraying his family to try to acquire power, then acting cowardly in a fight with Lorna, both of which just felt like making him into something bad that he's not. I would've preferred something like Pietro playing Namor to maneuver him into defeat at the family's hands.
    Some writers have a really hard time not being able to display a character’s full potential without tearing someone else down. Peter David likes Pietro and Lorna, but tears down Wanda. Jim Zub likes Wanda, but at Pietro’s expense. Gerry Duggan likes Pietro, but will never let Wanda live down Decimation. And Dennis Hopeless likes Lorna, but likes to write Wanda as a self-absorbed narcissist and Pietro as a sociopath. Almost all these writers will make Magneto unsympathetic to play up their fave child’s struggles. And so on and so forth. A vicious cycle that makes us tear each other on the forums, but will have a lot still spending their dollars because drama sells. I just wish they could write drama that didn’t make one of the family the Megan ala Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Wanda, in her head, dying: "Why are you even doing that, you're a living phone charger."

Lorna, replying with EM brain waves: "Eh, gotta save my brain juice for watching Maury in my head."
    I just died laughing I’m sending the ambulance and hospital bill to you
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 10-05-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    X-Men fans only want Wanda to be Magneto's daughter so they can vent hatred on her. They don't want her around, so stop insisting they are related.
    No, I like Wanda... I hate what they did to her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Has there been a Wanda fan that argued that she didn't like being a mutant? Because I've never seen that said. Just that they didn't create too many stories that focused on her being a mutant. It was mostly Avengers focused. For about 50 years.
    No, I meant it was (some) Wanda antis who said she was a self hating mutant and HoM was the story that created that idea.

I’ve never met a fan of the character who thinks that she was ashamed to be a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She is going to have to kill the king to level up to Omega. LOL.

Though there is truth that the Genosha set up provided greater range for Lorna (and Pietro for that matter) given they were involved in the islands government.

True, but then the family was running the nation like a reigning monarchy, whereas here it seems like a coalition of houses that hold Krakoa together. It could create a lot of storytelling about competing ideologies (especially on a world stage) but we won’t know until Dawn of X.