View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If all of Magneto's kids were to form a group, it would be pretty awesome. Yes to Wanda and Pietro being Magneto's children and mutants from the start.

I haven't followed the twins so I don't know all what stories have spun out of the retcon, but aside from them being in the movies I can't think of any upside to severing the Magneto connection. In my head, they're still his kids.

As soon as i saw the question, i knew this would be the most lopsided poll in Xbook history

Xfans dont agree on alot of stuff, but this!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nothing good ever came from the relationship, imo.

However, I think the twins should have retained their mutancy. I don't like Wanda actually knowing any magic whatsoever. Her codename should be completely ironic.
    I want Wanda to be a magic character and I don't think she should be a mutant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When she was born Reed said that her mutant and inhuman dna canceled each other out, making her human. Then during Son of M, Quicksilver made her inhale the Terrigen Mists, making her inhuman. If she were a human, she would have lived for a couple of days before dying, but instead everything was stable and she was inhuman all of a sudden.

Oh I didn’t know every human SHOULD die after inhaling, I thought some could handl it. But yea this just proves once again that Marvel don’t know what they r doing with this family. Mess after mess.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 07-18-2018 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I want Wanda to be a magic character and I don't think she should be a mutant.
    She can, and should be, BOTH!! Ya know, just like:

BUSIEK, was RIGHT!!

Incredible Member

BTW, are Wanda's children still mutants or has that also been changed? Or are they no longer her children?

BANNED

I don't care about Wanda. But Pietro was and always will be Magneto's son.
    Perhaps they could make another retcon: Pietro and Wanda were never twins to begin with. Just Pietro and Lorna are Magneto's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Perhaps they could make another retcon: Pietro and Wanda were never twins to begin with. Just Pietro and Lorna are Magneto's kids.
    I think I might be ok with that. Wanda is destroyed as a character anyway.

Although I prefer Wiccan and Speed being his grandchildren.

they need to be mutants. I don't have any personal stake in them being Magneto's children. he has others, no doubt. or sub in Northstar and Aurora.

I think they were referred to Magneto's children in the Old Man Hawkeye issue that came out today.

I think all the remaining mutants should take turns in being Magneto's children. Two at a time. Everyone should get a chance, it's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    ALWAYS yes to this. I am fairly adaptable when it comes to retcons but this is one that really irritated me. So much so I choose to ignore it and that they will ultimately retcon it back. I think the reason it irritated me is that it was obviously not really driven by pushing a certain storyline ahead, but that it was done due to the politics between Dismarvel and Fox and Dismarvel wanting to debrand QS and SW from the "mutants" label, since that label was something Fox was using.
    yes, the reasoning behind it should leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. but I've, personally, come around to not being bothered by the change. Magneto's role in their lives hasn't changed. he taught them to survive and how to fight. prior to Captain America, he had the most influence on the two. they rarely talk about the lessons that they learned from Django. ultimately, they did not become adults until they decided not to fight Magneto's war. so, blood or not, he was their most important father figure. and, from his perspective, they were the surrogates for his own children. he loved Luna. the moment that he learned of Tommy and Billy, he sought them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think all the remaining mutants should take turns in being Magneto's children. Two at a time. Everyone should get a chance, it's only fair.
    but not Blob. he's gross.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    What? Nooo!
    I know Wanda is my least fav outta the 3 but I still want her to be QS’s twin n Magnus’ kid just cuz then rectonning it will damage a lot of stories n how Magnetos (even tho being a horrible dad) he always tried being there for her n **** like that. I know Wanda is disliked but I still think she makes a good character for a soap opera drama. N I want Wiccan n speed to b his grandkids so yea.