View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

It was a rights thing. Not a petty thing. And it really did nothing to harm Wanda. It did harm Pietro. He should be a mutant again.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Amazing Member

I'd say it's the stupid idea of synergy with a dash of pettiness. The comics "need" to reflect the larger medium. I don't see them killing off Iron Man or Black Widow (except in stupid obvious EVENTS that will be undone) so it has its limits.

Extraordinary Member

I wish synergy was still a thing; if it was, Wanda wouldn't have been almost completely absent from comics for the last two years.

But yes, the retcon showed the depths of pettiness that Marvel sunk to during that period, where they were under orders to do everything possible to de-emphasize mutants (if Perlmutter could have canceled all the X-Men books I suspect he would have). It wasn't really responsible for Wanda and Pietro getting so little to do in comics, though -- they were both pretty prominent in comics right after the retcon, thanks to Wanda's solo and Pietro's role in Duggan's "Uncanny Avengers."

The characters weren't really hurt by the retcon and undoing it won't help them; all that can really help them is being used in comics.

BANNED

The mutant Quicksilver is to be hurt that the mutant Scarlet Witch's corpse is being used in comics.

No, I rather Polaris be his only daughter because Wanda and Pietro disgust me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was a rights thing. Not a petty thing. And it really did nothing to harm Wanda. It did harm Pietro. He should be a mutant again.
    Both should be mutants again. They were way more interesting then. Also amny know and still believe that Wanda is a mutant. You don't erase decates of history by stupid retcons...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Both should be mutants again. They were way more interesting then. Also amny know and still believe that Wanda is a mutant. You don't erase decates of history by stupid retcons...
    I see people say this all the time, and it's not even close to true. Especially for Wanda who has thousands of comics outside of that realm. Many still believe a lot of things. They thought Thanos was the Red Skull when he first appeared in the MCU. They thought Mephisto was more important to Wanda's story than he was. Misconceptions happen when based on second hand information or just not knowing in general. That's always gonna be true for general audiences. Their perception is always gonna be based on limited exposure.

They were his kids for decades but there aren't decades of stories. They rarely touched on it. It was just a fact on a character sheet. That's it. And it didn't do anything to Wanda when it was removed but give her a solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Agreed, this is so very true, can’t wait for Wanda to be a mutant again
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The only part that bothers me is the "way more interesting" part. Because it's not true. And if a character is only interesting to you because of genetics that weren't really used or the man she was related to, do you really like her or just those two factoids?

If genetics is not important the ones that like her as human will keep likening her as the mutant she was always supposed to be ever since she was created.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Agreed, this is so very true, can’t wait for Wanda to be a mutant again

I totally agree. The twins are more compelling as mutants and Magneto's children. It makes their tenure as Avengers in the grand scheme of mutant oppression more interesting, there's a lot of story potential there -- how do the X-Men feel about them? How do mutants in general? Even before HoM/Decimation I would have liked to see this explored more. Hopefully Trial of Magneto fixes this and Marvel will finally give us more on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    If genetics is not important the ones that like her as human will keep likening her as the mutant she was always supposed to be ever since she was created.
    It's not the genetics as an additive. It's the idea that she's defined by that and the man she was related to for some reason. Like she needs that to be interesting. Which is not the case.

Extraordinary Member

I hope the retcon stays and her be separated from X-franchise for good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I hope the retcon stays and her be separated from X-franchise for good.
    With how the fan base treat her I agree. Also after hearing how the Mutants treat also "fake" Mutants I wonder if anyone who is discovered to be a Mutant would want to be part of that.

Extraordinary Member

I just want her to leave, she can be a mutant in all but actual function, as long as she leaves X-franchise and their drama for good. I will consider it a blessing.