View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ugh why not??
    I could a damn about the Pretender but Pietro earned his mutant status
    I don't make the rules, but it feels like they are keeping them as no-mutants strictly because of the MCU at this point. I would be shocked if they allowed Pietro, but I agree he has more than earned his x-gene.

My thought? and this is something the modern writers seem to want to forget.... Wanda was a founding member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I think that should mean something.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes but she and Pietro were written as a reluctant memebers who only were there because they thought they owned Magneto for saving Wanda from a mob that wanted to kill her after seeing her powers, Stan Lee said he wrote them as reluctant villains that later would become heros as part of the Avengers.

Pietro went on to become both a member of X-factor and the Avengers so his links to mutants was more frequent while Wanda was mainly a nominal mutant who was mainly an Avenger. Her main link to mutants was her relationship with Pietro and sometimes Magneto. So itīs complicated.

I do think them both can be mutants again but itīs usually been a part of their identity thatīs more important for Pietro than for Wanda and M-Day only made it more so, because her main relationship with mutantkind is as an adversary or an outsider, not as a member of the group, unless Marvel chages something in the last issue of Trial of Magneto, this is the present status quo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Wanda was an original but not founding. Founding members help create the team. Like Wasp and Hank creating the Avengers. Like Lucy said they were reluctant members only there to pay back Magneto for him saving their lives. They tried to escape twice, the second time being successful. They were pretty relieved to be on the path to be heroes.

Wanda just does not have the footwork in mutant related stories. For the most part comics only ever mentioned her being a mutant when she'd use her powers, and then it gradually became just chaos magic. Wanda was on the second team of Avengers and spent the majority of her 57 years on that team. That weighs more than her ever being on the Brotherhood, especially when she never enjoyed her time there and was sexually harassed the whole time.

Pietro's time on X-Factor weighs more than his 9 issues as a reluctant member of the Brotherhood.

I still feel like Pietro should be a mutant and Wanda not. And it's easy to make that happen with them being fraternal twins and not identical twins.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-08-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Talking Happy Wanda Day!

December 9 is WANDA DAY..

..courtesy of the poster leokearon!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1653344

I'm here for Wanda day! And that panel of Cap drawing Wanda always made me laugh for some reason.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

as mutants fine.....as mags kids not so much