View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    What? Nooo!
    I know Wanda is my least fav outta the 3 but I still want her to be QS’s twin n Magnus’ kid just cuz then rectonning it will damage a lot of stories n how Magnetos (even tho being a horrible dad) he always tried being there for her n **** like that. I know Wanda is disliked but I still think she makes a good character for a soap opera drama. N I want Wiccan n speed to b his grandkids so yea.
    I know, man. I'm just kidding.

I slightly prefer them being Magneto's children I guess. Don't care as much as a lot of people, but I don't mind it.

Being mutants is also better than experiments or whatever too. I just hope that, when/if they do that, they don't just retcon everything back, but rather say Magneto had a relationship with Natalya. And Wanda can come from a clan of witches AND be a mutant at the same time. I really liked Wanda's solo series and I don't want everything there to be erased.

when is Magda coming back?

Its more clever to say that Inverted Wanda put a spell on herself and Prieto to stop being his family, then they can get his power broken or some accident they need Magneto explain things ask for help and he got his 5rd redemption and hes 3rd status quo .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I slightly prefer them being Magneto's children I guess. Don't care as much as a lot of people, but I don't mind it.

Being mutants is also better than experiments or whatever too. I just hope that, when/if they do that, they don't just retcon everything back, but rather say Magneto had a relationship with Natalya. And Wanda can come from a clan of witches AND be a mutant at the same time. I really liked Wanda's solo series and I don't want everything there to be erased.

Yea I agree. Wanda n QS can’t be his kids from Magda cuz like they don’t look THAT old. Wanda should be a witch n a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The non-mutant retcon was unnecessary.
    i agree. poll majority agree with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Yea I agree. Wanda n QS can’t be his kids from Magda cuz like they don’t look THAT old. Wanda should be a witch n a mutant.

Thing is, the age difference has already been explained by the twins being held in stasis. It’s never been said how long they were held in stasis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Thing is, the age difference has already been explained by the twins being held in stasis. It’s never been said how long they were held in stasis.
    Look, when you start to need to do stuff like that just to make them be at least somewhat workable, you're better off to just scrapping the problematic part and do a big, simplifying retcon.

Simplest solution would be getting rid of Magneto's WWII connection.

Extraordinary Member

It's pretty funny: one of the reasons they were changed from being the children of the Whizzer and Miss America (would they get any votes if they were in the poll?) was that this tied the twins to being born shortly after World War II. But soon after they were retconned into being Magneto's children, Chris Claremont introduced the idea that he was a Holocaust survivor, which created the exact same problem.

Claremont never contradicted the retcon of Wanda and Pietro being Magneto's children, but he definitely seemed to have no interest in acknowledging it. I can't remember a Claremont story where he mentioned this particular connection. It wasn't until after Claremont left that Quicksilver being Magneto's son started to be a bigger part of the X-stories.

Anyway for the poll, I don't have a problem with them being Magneto's children and it's really stupid to claim they aren't mutants. There could be an interesting story in this: if they are mutants in every way that counts, then does it really matter if they weren't born mutants? But I doubt anyone will tell that story and its implications would be tricky to handle.

Still I don't think they're going to change them back if only because Brevoort seems to like the retcon (in part because it no longer ties them to World War II) and because the MCU version of Wanda, whatever her future might or might not be, has been around too long for them to introduce all the Magneto business.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post

Oh yea? But I still think Wanda should be a witch. As long as they keep Magneto as their papa then it’s cool xD

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Look, when you start to need to do stuff like that just to make them be at least somewhat workable, you're better off to just scrapping the problematic part and do a big, simplifying retcon.

What!? Nooo
    Magneto will always be a holocaust survivor.
    They can easily find a solution to him “not aging”

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

So much history and multiple interwoven back stories attempted to be retconned with a very lame attempt by Marvel. fix it and bring us back the children of Magneto. It made all the characters that much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

The "simplest" solution? That's the most egregious, complicated solution. Destroy Magneto to make him the father of the twins? That's not any kind of "solution."

The simplest solution is to say Magneto had an affair with Natalya. She may look like Magda, this may have been before his de-aging and he was delusional and thought Natalya *was* Magda. Oh his rage when he found out she was not Magda; he would blame her for "bewitching" him, instead of accepting that he was having a psychotic break.

As for Max's age, he ages more slowly. That's science, that's Marvel science. I've posted this before, but in a science fiction super hero universe, where characters can fly with sonic screams, teleport, phase through solid objects, turn their skin into different substances and shed it at will, control demons in Limbo, shoot solar beams from their eyes, create lightning, control the thoughts and minds of others, where there are cosmic beings like Thanos, where Franklin Richards can recreate the entire damn fabric of Marvel's fictional existence, it suddenly is ('oh my' in George Takei's voice) too too difficult to have a character born in 1926 not age as rapidly as a real-world human being--I'm sorry but, anyone who feels like that has other issues with Magneto being Jewish and a Holocaust survivor, than a concern over his age in the comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    The "simplest" solution? That's the most egregious, complicated solution. Destroy Magneto to make him the father of the twins? That's not any kind of "solution."

The simplest solution is to say Magneto had an affair with Natalya. She may look like Magda, this may have been before his de-aging and he was delusional and thought Natalya *was* Magda. Oh his rage when he found out she was not Magda; he would blame her for "bewitching" him, instead of accepting that he was having a psychotic break.

As for Max's age, he ages more slowly. That's science, that's Marvel science. I've posted this before, but in a science fiction super hero universe, where characters can fly with sonic screams, teleport, phase through solid objects, turn their skin into different substances and shed it at will, control demons in Limbo, shoot solar beams from their eyes, create lightning, control the thoughts and minds of others, where there are cosmic beings like Thanos, where Franklin Richards can recreate the entire damn fabric of Marvel's fictional existence, it suddenly is ('oh my' in George Takei's voice) too too difficult to have a character born in 1926 not age as rapidly as a real-world human being--I'm sorry but, anyone who feels like that has other issues with Magneto being Jewish and a Holocaust survivor, than a concern over his age in the comics.
    Duuuude this is perfect, can u head over to marvel n fix this **** xD

I totally agree with you. Magneto backstory is what made him interesting.
    They could easily find a solution for his age.

Im glad the poll results are overwhelming in support of yes. Taking the parentage away did nothing for the twins. Its dumb

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I don't see how being Bosnian would destroy Magneto.

As for Max's age...
    It is problematic and will always be problematic. 20 years from now they're going to have to Captain America him if they want to keep the WWII connection.
    And he's just the most prominent example of main characters tied to historical events, not by far the only one.