View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I posted this exact same poll on the CBR Marvel comics board atm 91.04% (61 votes) for children of Magneto and 8.96% (6 votes) against.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 07-20-2018 at 03:35 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I posted this exact same poll on the CBR Marvel comics board atm 91.04% (61 votes) for children of Magneto and 8.96% (6 votes) against.
    It’s patently obvious that the majority of the fans hate the recton, I have yet to meet someone who actually support or like the recton.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    It’s patently obvious that the majority of the fans hate the recton, I have yet to meet someone who actually support or like the recton.
    TBF, if Marvel had run with the retcon and made some good stories up till now, there would be a couple more people in favor of the retcon. From what little I know, there was the short Remender UA series that gave them a new sibling no one cared about, and the recent solos that probably would've worked if they were Mags' kids or not.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

WHAT WAS BEFORE:

... MUST BE AGAIN!!!!

By happy accident or DIVINE design, they just go together in such a COMPLIMENTARY way...

... it's FATE they're reunited as family once more.

MAKE IT SO, MARVEL!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-20-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WHAT WAS BEFORE:

... MUST BE AGAIN!!!!

By happy accident or DIVINE design, they just go together in such a COMPLIMENTARY way...

... it's FATE they're reunited as family once more.

MAKE IT SO, MARVEL!!!!!!!
    Hopefully they just check some paperwork and then everyone go back to their actual family and loved ones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully they just check some paperwork and then everyone go back to their actual family and loved ones.
    Do you think in magnetos one shot they will recton this shit?

I doubt it. I’m not so confident that it’ll get undone anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I doubt it. I’m not so confident that it’ll get undone anytime soon.
    The writers only want to screw with the readers. They give you the opposite of what you want. So I doubt they will change it back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The writers only want to screw with the readers. They give you the opposite of what you want. So I doubt they will change it back.
    Sad. Very disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

Do you think in magnetos one shot they will recton this shit?
    It will probably happen from Wanda/ Pietro's side.
    Again, just take the minimum time to do it.
    No more time should be wasted upon this mess.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    certainly. but is it realistic for the twins to wind up on Wundagore Mountain without being experimented upon by the High Evolutionary?
    Could they still be the children of Magneto? Fix the retched recon could be easy. After Magda died and the twins were offered to Wizzer as his own by Bova, what if after he left in grief the twins were then given to the high evolutionary and put in stasis for a few years/decades? It could even fix their ages issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Im sure Remender got the instructions to do it from higher up on the food chain. Writers don’t get to make these kinds of decisions without oversight.

This and One More Day are probably the two most unpopular decisions in Marvel history, and we’re still waiting for OMD to get fixed.

Im sure Remender got the instructions to do it from higher up on the food chain. Writers don’t get to make these kinds of decisions without oversight.

This and One More Day are probably the two most unpopular decisions in Marvel history, and we’re still waiting for OMD to get fixed.
    As much as I disliked most of Remenders writing I can tell he was forced to write a new origin for the twins due to his success and controversy in UA. Considering how Aaron is writing Avengers I do wonder if he will resurrect certain characters that Remender created like Luminous, Jet Zola, and the Twins. Let Luminous and Zaladane be forever buried and forgotten. I don't need them in any family get togethers although I would pay to see Luna and the twins (speed and wiccan) wreck them.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Marvel is a mess
    Oh please. I'm mostly a DC fan and i almost cry tears of blood everyday cause of how much of a joke DC is right now. (and i'm not talking about the movies, i don't really care that much about that)

In comparison Marvel is in a pretty sweet spot.

Extraordinary Member

Brevoort actually announced publicly that the retcon was editorial's idea and was handed to Remender. Remender then built a story around the idea.

Luminous was probably Remender's idea because it's the kind of campy, so-bad-it's-good concept he loves. But then he quit Marvel after writing that one story, and whatever he was setting up there has never been revisited.