View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I voted children of Magneto, and mutants from birth on the CBR Marvel comics board, and I will do the same here. They were a comic family that I always enjoyed reading about.
    Just a silly retcon that undid a lot of interesting stories in my opinion.

BANNED

Just LOVE how this poll is SO lopsided. Get a clue Marvel publishing, you dolts.

BANNED

I love it as well LOL.

Interesting results after Marvel used a company wide crossover 'Axis', Uncanny Avengers, an ongoing series and Quicksilver's mini to try to sell the retcon.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-02-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Magneto being the twins' dad was an ill-conceived retcon that should never come back because it relies on the extreme contrivance that he coincidentally found both of his children while looking to recruit team members for his group of 5 people. Europe must be the size of a town. Their relationship was also never that deep and even reading House of M, the most important story about it, it isn't much of an emotional core because the twins are Avengers characters.

Also, the X-Office needs every kick in the shin possible to encourage them to dig into the goldmine that is Magneto's actual daughter.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 12-02-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Magneto being the twins' dad was an ill-conceived retcon that should never come back because it relies on the extreme contrivance that he coincidentally found both of his children while looking to recruit team members for his group of 5 people. Europe must be the size of a town. Their relationship was also never that deep and even reading House of M, the most important story about it, it isn't much of an emotional core because the twins are Avengers characters.

Also, the X-Office needs every kick in the shin possible to encourage them to dig into the goldmine that is Magneto's actual daughter.
    All lies die in the desert.

I'm not a fan of EITHER the Magneto story or the High Evolutionary story. Both bore me to tears.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-02-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Magneto being the twins' dad was an ill-conceived retcon that should never come back because it relies on the extreme contrivance that he coincidentally found both of his children while looking to recruit team members for his group of 5 people.
    that's if you believe that it was an accident. take the parentage angle out of it. isn't it contrived that he showed up directly after they get in trouble and need someone/somewhere to run to? what was he doing in the area?

BANNED

If Wanda in particular isn't a mutant that makes the "no more mutants" all the more WORSE

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I like the idea of it being ‘blood calling to blood ‘ the way it did when Magneto came for Wanda at the end of Disassembled. Magneto may have not realized the urge to go to the area for recruitment/supplies/his daily stroll was his children needing his help. Or Wanda’s powers manifesting to make an unlikely event happen like being rescued by their father. Or fate giving Magneto a bone by allowing him to rescue his children instead of coming across their charred corpses hours later.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If Wanda in particular isn't a mutant that makes the "no more mutants" all the more WORSE

I think it’s character destroying no matter of Wanda is a mutant or not. X-fan perception hasn’t changed much since making her an HE experiment. Either way, she needs a path back to redemption, or it will continue to destroy Wanda and any future she has.

Pietro does need to be a mutant again, and pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I never even thought of it but a character with a Jewish father committed mass genocide of another species/race. I wonder if the optics of that ever crossed Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never even thought of it but a character with a Jewish father committed mass genocide of another species/race. I wonder if the optics of that ever crossed Marvel
    I doubt it. they were dumb enough to let Morrison write that xorn story.

So if I combine X-Board and the Marvel Board...its

285 for Magneto's children
    20 for High Evolutionary

Given double post from posters on both boards I'm pretty sure it overwhelmingly for Magneto's children. Come on Marvel correct your mistake
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's if you believe that it was an accident. take the parentage angle out of it. isn't it contrived that he showed up directly after they get in trouble and need someone/somewhere to run to? what was he doing in the area?
    Looking for mutants? It's like how in the Marvel Universe, meeting a human space pirate named Corsair is completely believable, but that space pirate coincidentally being your father who you were separated from years ago and recognizes you as his son is contrived, universe shrinking nonsense. Looking for mutants and finding two in trouble is totally believable. The only way to write around the contrivance is probability manipulation, but that's already stretching it with how tame her powers used to be. And at that point you really have to wonder if it's worth it for a more complicated family tree, a relationship that's not very fleshed out and takes oxygen away from Lorna, and a smaller universe over a retcon done for a dramatic twist 40 years ago with its most strongest backing being that uh, Pietro and Erik had similar hair for different reasons.