Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What are Mario's best feats?

The Mario canon is...loose, to say the least. But what are the best things that the savior of the Mushrom Kingdom as going for him?

Spectacular Member

In Super Mario World, he once lifted a castle in a cutscene and chucked it into the distance. Granted, in the scene it was not as large as the castle was when he entered it, but even then, it was at least the size of a tower so he definitely has superhuman strength. In another cutscene in the same game, he also survived a bomb going off in his face and the collapsing castle with only some cartoonish burn marks.

in Super Mario 64, the way to defeat Bowser is that Mario has to grab him by the tail and spin him around before throwing him into bombs that damage Bowser so that he can be defeated. Bowser in Mario 64 is taller than an elephant and maybe as big. so clearly Mario has some really superhuman strength.

Mario is a short man but in one of the early stages of Mario64 in a footrace with a character called Koopa the Quick, he covers a large distance in only around a minute ... maybe less, i don't recall the timing. so he has some metahuman running speed over open ground.

and he's always been shown to be an absurd jumper. that's practically his trademark.

Mario can survive 100 ton blocks crushing him into the ground in some of his newer games. Can survive (with serious discomfort) a dunk or three into lava as well.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

He survived the Super Mario Bros movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    He survived the Super Mario Bros movie.
    This makes him Herald level, at least.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mario once destroyed the sun by throwing a turtle shell at it.

He can also resist the pull of a black hole.

One time he was shot out of a cannon to the moon and it didn't seem to phase him, later this becomes the norm for him in mario galaxy where he's routinly shot from planet to planet at high speeds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Mario once destroyed the sun by throwing a turtle shell at it.

He can also resist the pull of a black hole.

One time he was shot out of a cannon to the moon and it didn't seem to phase him, later this becomes the norm for him in mario galaxy where he's routinly shot from planet to planet at high speeds.

Source for the Sun feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Source for the Sun feat?
    I think he means the old games where the angry sun chases you in the desert.

I... am not personally keen on that being a valid or applicable version of the sun. I don't get the impression that feat was intended as anything more than another goofy unique enemy.

Otherwise, Mario with a shell can knock out Silver Surfer is the implication.
    - big_adventure

Does his inability to keep his girlfriend safe for twenty plus years count ?

Does the fact that she's been his girlfriend for twenty plus years, count?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I... am not personally keen on that being a valid or applicable version of the sun. I don't get the impression that feat was intended as anything more than another goofy unique enemy.

I'd tend to agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I'd tend to agree with that
    I mean, the sun is still shining after you kill it in Super Mario 3. So it's the enemy and not the actual sun itself.

Still, it *is* funny to consider the implications of such a feat. That's borderline toonforce.

Extraordinary Member

Does Mario have any Good Speed feats?

Does Mario have any Good Speed feats?
    If you count Super Smash Bros, he's not much slower than Sonic.

If we're not counting crossover games, I propose there'd be two types of speed feats -- one type for Mario under his own power, and the other when he's transformed or launched (where he has incredible reaction speed) or some other special circumstance.

Of course, I'd love to see someone do the math for Mario's speed when it comes to SMB1 speed runs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    If you count Super Smash Bros, he's not much slower than Sonic.

If we're not counting crossover games, I propose there'd be two types of speed feats -- one type for Mario under his own power, and the other when he's transformed or launched (where he has incredible reaction speed) or some other special circumstance.

Of course, I'd love to see someone do the math for Mario's speed when it comes to SMB1 speed runs.
    Since Mario's canon is fairly loose, I don't see an issue with using things like Smash Cutscenes