Speaking as a huge Spider-Man fan here, I and most other Spider-Man comic fans I’ve encountered really, really, really, really, really despise Iron Man’s involvement in Spider-Man lore in recent years.

From the stuff in Civil War 2006 (in which Spidey agreed with Tony against Steve which he’d NEVER do), to his presence in ‘Power Play’ in 2016, his father/son dynamic in the movies and the general pushing of the idea that Iron Man is an important part of Spider-Man’s story (with modern media and merch pushing the idea that he’s like tied up in Spidey’s origin and early days).

For us it is unnecessary, undermines Spider-Man’s independence (especially early on) which was part of Lee and Ditko’s whole vision for the character and generally speaking we prefer Spidey to interact with Spidey specific characters rather than guys from other titles (Human Torch and Daredevil not withstanding).

Heck it also undermines the connection between Spider-Man and Captain America who actually has a more significant connection to Peter. He was Peter’s childhood idol as a superhero (see ASM Minus 1), got referenced in the debut of Carnage, played a n important role in Maximum Carnage and even helped Peter and MJ get back together a little. Heck his and Spider-Man teaming up was important for setting the stage for Kraven’s Last Hunt. In a very real sense if Uncle Ben is who Peter tries to be as a man, then Captain America is who he tries to be as a hero. Not Iron Man.

But that’s from Spider-Fans’ POVs. I am curious to know what Iron Fans actually think of the greater connections Marvel have tried to make between the two characters.