Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
The armor was patterned after Stark (well technically Otto wore armour...actually technically Spidey wore armor long before he became close to Stark in Web #100) but nothing else was.

Tony totally betrayed Peter. He was monitoring him against his consent, he threatened him, as soon as Peter merely said he had made a mistake and was going to leave (i.e. before he'd broken any laws at all) Tony immediately attacked him.

As for unmasking himself in Civil War Tony might not have held a gun to Peter's head but he gave him few options.

Unmask or else you are a criminal. The option of registering but not unmasking publically was never ever presented or framed to him at all. It was just unmask or you and your family go down. That was it.

Which is placing Peter in a near untenable situation and yes that was Tony's fault to an extent, he was pressuring Peter to do it. Don't get me wrong absolutely that was still Peter's decision but he wouldn't have been in that position to be forced into making that decision if not for Stark and the relationship that had occurred between them.

Just because something happened on the page doesn't mean we just have to hold our hands up if it was OOC. Like I've noticed A LOT of people do that on these boards, they're weirdly complacent about that stuff even though fixes for major OOC writing has happened multiple times before. Grant fixed Punisher being OOC uner Bill Mantlo in the 1980s. Hell Busieck fixed Iron Man being OOC during the Crossing.

So why wouldn't we fix Iron Man being toxically OOC in Civil War? Yeah he lost a lot but that doesn't forgive him for what he did. Bill Foster's blood is on his and Reed's hands and just because Thor beat him up over that doesn't make things square.

Just because a story was years ago, if it was bad OOC and an elephant in the room it needs to be addressed. All it means is that that elephant has been there for a long time. See Barbra Gordon and Cassie Cain fans who are still rightfully ticked off over the former not being disabled anymore and the latter still not being a bat person properly.

There isn't this magic finite window of time you have to address a problem, it's always okay to do so. Heck DC addressed the problems of the new 52 5 whole years later and unreboted Superman over it.

And yeah there has been a second Civil War (where once again everyone was OOC, esp Carol) but if a second Civil War has happened bringing up the BS fromt he first if anything that renders the first one relevant AGAIN.

a) I don't understand this part "Nomthe handfull of poster you keep on writing with". As In i literally do not grammatically understand the words

b) There is plenty of evidence to suggest what I said

c) Remember when I qualified that I said most fans IN MY OBSERVATION. Which ISN'T me stating that 100% most fans feel this way but most of them in MY OBSERVATION have meaning I am qualifying that I am not 100% certain about this but why don't you both continue to character assassinate me by goddam lying and pretending that is what I said
A) Phone trouble. Even then if you cant figure out what it says you are really not even trying.

B) That most fans think that? Thats just wrong. Present that evidence please.

C) Remember that MOST fans is more then your limited experince. And get over yourself we are not “character assassinating” you. We are pointing out that your argument is flawed. We are not lying about anything here.