Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I thought Justice League was ok but after it bombed and the DCEU was back to being a laughing stock i was really down on any other DC movies. But after seeing the images for Aquaman I’m super excited. Shazam looks good as well. Seems like they’re nailing the fun magical vibe that they were aiming for.
    Hopefully we get to see what happens when creative filmmakers get to play with DC concepts and WB execs stay the hell out of their way.

Astonishing Member

I'm expecting for Aquaman to be a pretty good film. He wasn't exactly an exciting character in JL, but so the bar is kinda low in whether or not the character can appeal to me. But it's different, ambitious and has high potential.

Shazam I have low expectations for--not that it won't be good, but I really don't think it will be geared for me. (And it shouldn't be) A Shazam movie, should be family and young kid friendly for the most part and that's what I think they are doing with it. (Ignore the Black Adam angst for now) It's a lower risk movie for DC but has the potential to work out for them.

I'm expecting really good things from both even though past DC films have disappointed. The Aquaman movie looks grand in its scale so I'm hoping that the setting is nice at least. Not expecting much from the characters but I hope they don't flop in the characterizations.

Shazam is one I don't expect to take itself seriously so I'm on board for some silly cartoonish fun from the film. Only thing that would probably make it not really good is if the plot, CGI or supporting cast is weak.

Honestly I’m not sure what to expect, I’m someone who enjoys DC shows(live action and animated) and animated movies more than the DCEU. If anything I’m probably more hopeful for the Shazam movie because it generally seems to be standing on its own as a movie while also trying to be a comedy, which it should be.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I have high hopes for both films and they each look fun. I am more excited about Shazam as he is in my top five DC characters and I like the approach they are taking with it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I don't expect much, honestly. I completely lost faith in the DCEU (or more accurately, WB) after JL. It seems like WB always learns the wrong lessons from their movies, and I've given up on them. I love Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, but dislike BvS (mostly for petty Super-fan reasons), tend to completely forget Squad, and was bored by JL. With a 2-5 win record, I have no reason to care.

Shazam and Aquaman's casting seems (mostly) solid. The visuals we're seeing look interesting (I'm very impressed with the Shazam image of him texting while chewing gum; that's a smart image). But the casting is rarely the problem with the DCEU. And the visuals aren't usually the problem either.

If the word of mouth is really good, and if the trailers blows my mind, I might get the blu-rays. Of course, I'm not the person these movies has to impress, it's my wife and kids. If they want to go, we're going.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquaman is all I care about but I'm not into the look they gave Momoa at all. I also didn't like him in JL. It's really hard for me not to care about Aquaman.

A lead superhero like Arthur Curry needs to have charisma. He needs to really pop. Momoa is just playing the same type of character he always plays, which I guess is what they're asking of him. That works fine for Conan the Barbarian...but not for Aquaman.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-18-2018 at 10:17 PM.

pure eye-candy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to wait for a trailer to make any determination on Aquaman. Same for Shazam.

I'm nervous as to how Aquaman will do in the box office due to the fact it's being released on the Christmas season and movie goers wanna see Xmas themed or family friendly movies during that time. Not to mention how Justice League did last year. I want this movie to succeed. I'm looking forward to Shazam as well. Even though haters complain about the DC movies being too dark, this movie seems very light-hearted, but they might still look for a reason to trash it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Aquaman looks and feels epic, I trust I will like it, but there is the chance that like GL, it’s all flash and little substance. However I doubt that’s the case and will like it. It seems to be drawing so straight out of the comics that I have to Ben excited

Shazam looks like it will be popular but less to my liking. Still hoping it’s good and staying positive but it might prove too juvenile, not just for me but for critics. That said it will be hard to mess up what should be a straightforward fun film.

Extraordinary Member

The more I see and hear about Aquaman, the more excited I get.

I'm quite curious about Shazam.

Aquaman now, i don't know, maybe..

Incredible Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmqJJqFX_CU

CGI looks like old Metroid game grafx. 4:18

Why can't WB ever get some nice looking f/x?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My expectation is be as entertaining as the trailers