Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Expectations on the upcoming Aquaman and Shazam films

I think Aquaman has great potential. I'm not sold on Momoa yet, but he has a great opportunity to prove me wrong. Maybe I'm old-school, but I want a serious Aquaman, not a surfer dude.

Shazam photos looks cartoonish so far. Again, I'm not sold on Levi playing the part but it may have more to do with him reminding me so much of Jimmy Fallon that it's hard to take seriously. He was very good in Chuck, so we'll see. The costume padding also seems silly. I think he bulked up some for the role but you would need someone huge to fill that suit properly. But if they can pull together a funny, charming script, it could be a monster hit.

BANNED

I have no idea how good they'll be. But as I said in another thread, the shakeup among the producers is not especially encouraging.

I have pretty big expectations for Aquaman. I think and hope it’s going to look amazing. If the underwater world can be translated to the screen properly, I think it will be visually stunning. And even though I highly doubt it will make the money or get as much attention as Wonder Woman, I hope it has close to the same result, a great stand-alone film that brings in a lot of new fans and positive reaction.

Shazam, I don’t have much expection tbh. I hope it’s good is about all I can say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Expectations on the upcoming Aquaman and Shazam films
    I expect they'll be nothing like the comic books I use to read and enjoy in the past.

I'm very excited for Aquaman. I think it looks and sounds great so far. I like Momoa in the role. He has charisma. I'm glad he was more than just a brooding dude in JL. He had a personality. But the most important thing is James Wan's rep as a filmmaker. I think this movie could be amazing, but I have to see it to truly believe it.

Shazam. I like what I've seen so far. It sounds like a more light-hearted movie for the whole family. I think Zac Levi is a very good actor. He did some really good work on Chuck. Sure, I agree the suit with all the padding looks cheesy, but maybe it works better in live action. The extra padding is my only issue so far.

The Shazam padded costume fits what kind of film they’re making though. At least from what I can tell.

I’m loving what I’ve seen from both of them so far. Can’t wait to see the trailer for Aquaman already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

After BvS and Justice League, I have no expectation at all.

I'm more excited about Aquaman because of the behind the scenes talent involved, but Shazam also looks fun.

Extraordinary Member

I love this sea dragon pic from the Aquaman film.

I don't know what to expect for either of them. Keeping expectations low because of the DCEU's track record, but what we've seen for Aquaman so far looks pretty cool. Shazam stuff looks okay too and I love Zachary Levi, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on what I already said and the fact that it seems to be taking inspiration from that New 52 version that I very much dislike and will presumably call him Shazam. I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but now I'm going to keep the bar low.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The more I see from Aquaman the more hyped I'm getting for the movie. It just seems to be going for a really cool, faithful, and fun take on the property that I think has the potential to be a really great movie .

Shazam also looks fun, even if I think they're keeping to Johns' original New 52 story a little too much.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Aquaman looks epic. I have about the same expectation as Wonder Woman, that is, more positive than Justice League, BvS and Suicide Squad. I have even more confidence on Swamp Thing series because it's horror and I tend to like James Wan's horror movies.
    Shazam I have no interest since it seems aimed at the younger audience (which is appropriate). My enjoyment of it will depend on the type of humor they have and how kiddy it will be.

I'm hoping Aquaman delves heavily into the Atlantis mythos, because that would make for a great - and unique- movie.
    Everything I've seen so far indicates that, although I sure would have loved to see Garth and Tula play a part6 in the story.

I'm EXCITED about the upcoming Shazam movie because it appears to be the first one that could be genuinely optimistic and more lighthearted. Plus the casting announcements seem to hint at also seeing Mary and Billy powered up, which we've never gotten to see in live action.
    My hope is it will be the real surprise hit and the WB geniuses will finally learn a lesson that their superhero movies can also be FUN, not just dark and dire.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Everything looks really good from both films. I have no high expectations from this universe anymore but I'm really hoping I get some good and lengthy action scenes which have been lacking from the DCEU besides MoS and somewhat WW.

Want to see Mera kick ass and as her own character not some typical female companion and HOPEFULLY Mary Marvel in action.