Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

At this point, I am cautiously optimistic for Aquaman. I have high hopes for it, but I’ve tempered my expectations. Still don’t know enough about Shazam to judge.

I finally watched the second Aquaman trailer today. It's looking better than expected, though the orange shirt.......that probably should've been left in the funny pages, because it doesn't look good at all here.

I'm still not expecting much from either of these films or the DCEU in general (that BoP casting....). It's easy to take a few cut scenes without any real context, throw them together, and make it look good. But to weave a good narrative and make a strong movie? That's something I have damn little faith in DC/WB being capable of. Still, we'll see. Shazam is the movie the kids want to see, so Aquaman looks like it'll be a blu-ray purchase, if anything.

If the word of mouth is crazy strong and supportive......maybe that'll change. I do love me some Mera, Black Manta, and Mamoa, so I'd like the movie to be worth watching, I'm just not expected it to be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

To tell you the truth... I'm a bit more optimistic for Aquaman than I thought I'd be. I think it helps that they don't have the juggernauts of Batman and Superman in the movie definitely help as a lot would be unknown to the general audience. And the fact that they are starting to learn that super heroes CAN be fun. I do kind of hope that Ocean Master gets usurped by Black Manta though...

As for Captain Mar...Shazam, eh I don't know yet. It could be fun.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think I'll like both but won't absolutely love either. The comedic tone works for Shazam even though it's not my preferred taste but I'm already meh on the corny lines in Aquaman, even though it looks stunning and looks to have its serious moments.