Default New Batwoman comic book series

With Batwoman appearing on Arrow in December, IF we were to get a new series and the first issue was timed to coincide with her first TV appearance, we would get a solicitation in September. If a new series is happening but is being timed to coincide with the premiere of her own TV show, we’d get a solicitation about three months prior. Do you think this is likely? Who do you think the creative team would be?

You gave me a mini heart attack with that title.

I've said it before, but I'd love for Jody Houser to write her more. She got her down in her Mother Panic cameos. Claire Row or Juan Ferreyra on art.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

I've said it before, but I'd love for Jody Houser to write her more. She got her down in her Mother Panic cameos. Claire Row or Juan Ferreyra on art.
    Sorry! Yeah, I’d love to see Jody Houser write her series. I’d be into Tommy Lee Edwards doing the art as well. I think his style suits Gotham very well.

Mighty Member

If I had to guess, Detective Comics 1000 will be the jumping off point for Batwoman (and or Batgirl, BoP, maybe the Outsiders). That'll be March 2019. It would be quite reasonable to guess that the 'Tec 80th Anniversary Collection will highlight Batwoman a little bit (it was a pretty big deal that she took over the book and JH Williams art is lovely) - I could totally see a BW highlight in the 80th anniversary, then a new short in 'Tec 1000 that launches the new series.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Claire Row on a Batwoman title would be fun, though I don't think she can keep a schedule, and I don't think she's even in the business anymore, sadly. I liked her on Birds of Prey a lot, but there were clearly schedulling issues.

My preferred writer would, obviously, be Rucka. Artist - I'm also partial to Williams, but I think he's not willing to come back (though with Rucka, I think there's a chance that he could persuade Williams to come back. But I also think Rucka's got too much on his plate right now - everything he's doing is delayed). Houser would be fine. I'd be happy with Tynion, too. Artist - I mean, I'm always happy putting Alvaro Martinez on things, but he's got Justice League Dark. Marcio Takara would be pretty great, though I don't know if I particularly see him as a Batwoman artist (though I wouldn't have said that about Blanco, either, and I think he's great). I'd personally love to see Lee Weeks on the book, since I'd like to see someone pickup the more Mazzucchelli style of the J. H. Williams flashbacks for "Go". (But then again, like Takara, I mostly just want to see both of them on more books period. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    If I had to guess, Detective Comics 1000 will be the jumping off point for Batwoman (and or Batgirl, BoP, maybe the Outsiders). That'll be March 2019. It would be quite reasonable to guess that the 'Tec 80th Anniversary Collection will highlight Batwoman a little bit (it was a pretty big deal that she took over the book and JH Williams art is lovely) - I could totally see a BW highlight in the 80th anniversary, then a new short in 'Tec 1000 that launches the new series.
    I hadn’t thought about Tec 1000 as a launching pad for new stuff but it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Claire Row on a Batwoman title would be fun, though I don't think she can keep a schedule, and I don't think she's even in the business anymore, sadly. I liked her on Birds of Prey a lot, but there were clearly schedulling issues.

My preferred writer would, obviously, be Rucka. Artist - I'm also partial to Williams, but I think he's not willing to come back (though with Rucka, I think there's a chance that he could persuade Williams to come back. But I also think Rucka's got too much on his plate right now - everything he's doing is delayed). Houser would be fine. I'd be happy with Tynion, too. Artist - I mean, I'm always happy putting Alvaro Martinez on things, but he's got Justice League Dark. Marcio Takara would be pretty great, though I don't know if I particularly see him as a Batwoman artist (though I wouldn't have said that about Blanco, either, and I think he's great). I'd personally love to see Lee Weeks on the book, since I'd like to see someone pickup the more Mazzucchelli style of the J. H. Williams flashbacks for "Go". (But then again, like Takara, I mostly just want to see both of them on more books period. )
    Yeah, Rucka and Williams are always my preferred team. Lee Weeks would be awesome. I would love for the art to be Mazzucchelli-style. I think that style best fits stories in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    With Batwoman appearing on Arrow in December, IF we were to get a new series and the first issue was timed to coincide with her first TV appearance, we would get a solicitation in September. If a new series is happening but is being timed to coincide with the premiere of her own TV show, we’d get a solicitation about three months prior. Do you think this is likely? Who do you think the creative team would be?
    I think if any of this was possible at this point, they wouldn't just be cancelling her series right now.
    (But then again, I have no clue as to what DC is thinking about anything these days . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think if any of this was possible at this point, they wouldn't just be cancelling her series right now.
    (But then again, I have no clue as to what DC is thinking about anything these days . . .)
    That’s interesting. I was thinking the cancellation may have had to do with relaunching the series to coincide with the TV stuff (in addition to the current series’ sales figures).