Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love how the author of the article doesn't even mention Robinson's run and Jason when breaking down the things that are pushing Diana to the forefront of the DCU. Rucka's Rebirth run, Gal Gadot, and Wilson's upcoming run get a mention, but not Robinson.

I'm less thrilled that we are getting a new permanent writer for the title and it is immediately getting hijacked by a crossover, even a WW centric one. I'm not thrilled with Tynion's writing, I'd rather be able to get a feel for what Wilson will do and not have to deal with what JLD is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Also I liked both the Rebirth and the New 52 look. Perhaps they could have the Rebirth look be her "base" form and her New 52 form be her "powered up" look?
    The good thing about Circe is that she's magical and can zap herself with different looks. Circe's New 52 look would be better suited to a Gotham supervilainess who was going for a Pipi Longstocking from Hell aesthetic to fit in with the rest of Gotham's twisted storybook villains, than an ancient Greek sorceress. I don't care for it. Her Rebirth look would be dull in an ongoing capacity, but I regard it as what she "wears" when she's just chilling among the norms, so it's ok to make an occasional appearance.

Her design from Dodson is my favorite, and I'd love to see that make a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love how the author of the article doesn't even mention Robinson's run and Jason when breaking down the things that are pushing Diana to the forefront of the DCU. Rucka's Rebirth run, Gal Gadot, and Wilson's upcoming run get a mention, but not Robinson.

I'm less thrilled that we are getting a new permanent writer for the title and it is immediately getting hijacked by a crossover, even a WW centric one. I'm not thrilled with Tynion's writing, I'd rather be able to get a feel for what Wilson will do and not have to deal with what JLD is doing.

The good thing about Circe is that she's magical and can zap herself with different looks. Circe's New 52 look would be better suited to a Gotham supervilainess who was going for a Pipi Longstocking from Hell aesthetic to fit in with the rest of Gotham's twisted storybook villains, than an ancient Greek sorceress. I don't care for it. Her Rebirth look would be dull in an ongoing capacity, but I regard it as what she "wears" when she's just chilling among the norms, so it's ok to make an occasional appearance.

Her design from Dodson is my favorite, and I'd love to see that make a comeback.
    How you feel about her being a red head? I prefer that to be her natural color because that would mean Lex, Joker, and Circe are all red-heads to go with Clark, Bruce, and Diana being brunettes. I don't mind her switching to purple later on though.

Incredible Member

How you feel about her being a red head? I prefer that to be her natural color because that would mean Lex, Joker, and Circe are all red-heads to go with Clark, Bruce, and Diana being brunettes. I don't mind her switching to purple later on though.
    I know this question isn't directed at me, but I prefer the purple. I was introduced to the character via Justice League Unlimited, and I still regard it as Circe's best look. I also think purple makes her feel more ethereal and other worldly.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know this question isn't directed at me, but I prefer the purple. I was introduced to the character via Justice League Unlimited, and I still regard it as Circe's best look. I also think purple makes her feel more ethereal and other worldly.
    Nah it's a fair point. The purple hair definitely helps her stand out. And Joker and Lex lose their red hair as well, which is why I'd be fine with Circe changing her hair color later, I just like the little trivia bit that all three were red heads at first.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This crossover is before Wilson's run which starts in November so there's no derailment.

P_20180720_014341_001.jpg

Bilquis sketches I talked about! Funny how a hair makes aaaaaaaall the difference. The one that went to the book had more personality but boy would I like this version happening sometime. A bridge between old and new Circe for me. Also her design details are to die for. I love Bilquis so, so much.

I took the photo myself. (Read the rules and I think this is not agaisnt them, but let me know if they are, Gaelforce!)

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post

Bilquis sketches I talked about! Funny how a hair makes aaaaaaaall the difference. The one that went to the book had more personality but boy would I like this version happening sometime. A bridge between old and new Circe for me. Also her design details are to die for. I love Bilquis so, so much.

I took the photo myself. (Read the rules and I think this is not agaisnt them, but let me know if they are, Gaelforce!)
    Limited/Samples of writing and books are permitted
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

When has Joker been a red head?

Spectacular Member

I wonder, if the new mode stays, if it will influence how others see her. Because she look like a villian in it, so it could raise suspects or downright rejection.

I'd like it if Circe looked like this now on myself. IT's downright spooky, imo.

But I also like that she would switch it up based on whatever she's feeling at the time.
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'd like it if Circe looked like this now on myself. IT's downright spooky, imo.

But I also like that she would switch it up based on whatever she's feeling at the time.
    I agree richalex. I love this look, and I would be perfectly happy for this to be Circe's look moving forward. She still seems oddly enchanting while simultaneously completely destructive. I would love for a movie or cartoon to cement this as Circe's definitive look, kinda like Suicide Squad has defined Harley's look.

Personally, I think Circe needs a consistent look. It's important for brand recognition.

^^^Yeah she looks good there.

I have no idea why I’m so interested in seeing WW and Detective Chimp work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post

I really applaud this as one of Circe's looks...I hate it when the gods are shown as stagnate Hellenistic interpretations. They should change looks as mortals have changed styles over the centuries.

Kind of wish Hecate in this is the Maid, Mother and Crone trinity depiction from The Sandman.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Emanuela Lupacchino shared a drawing of Circe on her instagram so she does play a role in this event