Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ugh, he's using the Rucka's look, and it's just freaking atrocious... I really hope Circe won't have a big role just because of it...

That's too bad. I mean the look isn't the end all be all, I'm not even close to saying I hope she's not in it much just because I don't like the look, but its the most boring, generic look she's ever had nonetheless. When I think of Circe I don't think of pantsuits.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Whenever I see Rebirth Circe, I keep imagining we're going to get a moment where she reveals her true form, but so far we haven't been getting it .

You guys noticed the "shadow"/reminiscence of something in front of her though? At first I thought it was a cloud of power or something, but looking closely it looks A LOT like the goth witch/pointy dress we got in Trinity and new 52. The bodice and all.

Did anyone read the first issue? I really enjoyed it! It was a wonderful take on Diana and I’m excited to see where this story takes us! I’m wondering what this power inside really means for her? She’s about to become more powerful than Kal-El? Also can’t wait to see her relationship develop with Zatanna! We need some girl power besties!

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    You guys noticed the "shadow"/reminiscence of something in front of her though? At first I thought it was a cloud of power or something, but looking closely it looks A LOT like the goth witch/pointy dress we got in Trinity and new 52. The bodice and all.
    There's definitely a silhouette going on there I didn't notice at first, and its definitely a bodice that's at least reminiscent to the New 52 look. Good catch. It would seem she's either morphing from that look into the Rucka look,, or she's about to change into the witch look. I hope its the latter but either way it does look like we're going to see a Circe whose appearance can change, at I'm fine with at least that much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Default A Breath of Fresh Air

It's been awhile, but for the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to a crossover. I enjoyed the first run of JLD and I think the reformation of it with Wonder Woman in the lead will only improve the series. There are a lot of good stories and character interactions that could come from this, and I think the books will pay off.

AND paying off the story is really important these days, I can think of many recent false starts, or ominous warnings, in series that don't pay off. JLD#1 starts out with a lot of great ambience, and the last 50 issues of Wonder Woman have been rock solid. This cross-over has a lot of appeal to me.

The DCU in general feels like its had a breath of fresh air.....there's a Suicide Squad/Aquaman crossover starting and I NEVER read Aquaman, but this crossover looks good too.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.