58 72.50%
  • Unsure

4 5.00%
  • No opinion

3 3.75%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Hal as Parallax permanently?

This is going to seem like a sacrilege to some, but hear me out.

With six of them now, DC has proved that it's got far more Earth Lanterns than it has any idea what to do with (and thanks a lot for that, Geoff), so maybe turning Hal into Parallax for keeps would be a good idea.

Unlike the first time it was tried, this would not entail the gratuitous and pointless destruction of the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians.

And there would actually be a method to the madness this time, instead of DC's doing it simply for shock value and as an excuse to create another Earth Lantern. Parallax was a very good villain, at this point less would surely be more where the Earth Lanterns are concerned.

Of course if it didn't sell it could be undone, but I bet it would sell fine.

(Do this and also find another job for Baz and Cruz, and the property would really start rolling. But that's a separate subject.)

Somehow this doesn’t strike me as viable.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

As for who lives in Coast City, how about Alan Scott and his kids? They don't need to live in Gotham City.

Not that Coast City has played any major role in Green Lantern for a long time.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

I have an idea kill Kyle, Guy, Simon and voila you got Hal, John and Jessica. Trinity Lantern. Diversity Lantern and etc. From my perspective those three is the important DC Comics properties
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I have an idea kill Kyle, Guy, Simon and voila you got Hal, John and Jessica. Trinity Lantern. Diversity Lantern and etc. From my perspective those three is the important DC Comics properties
    You're going to kill the Muslim and keep a white guy? Then they'll never invite you to appear as a guest on The View.

I haven't talked about killing anyone.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-18-2018 at 07:57 PM.

BANNED

Something else -- Alan could become Carol's love interest.

Incredible Member

Get rid of Jessica and Baz. Actually, Guy too. I never liked him. Make Hal, Kyle, and John the only three Lanterns. I think Parallax from Convergence is still running around, isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You're going to kill the Muslim and keep a white guy?

I haven't talked about killing anyone.
    I also keep a black guy and for the record i don't look someone from their skin or religion.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Get rid of Jessica and Baz. Actually, Guy too. I never liked him. Make Hal, Kyle, and John the only three Lanterns. I think Parallax from Convergence is still running around, isn’t he?
    This is about Hal as Parallax.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I also keep a black guy and for the record i don't look someone from their skin or religion.
    I thought you were talking about diversity there. Maybe I misread that. But anyway it has nothing to do with Hal as Parallax, and again I haven't mentioned killing anyone.

BTW, if anyone had posted this poll five years into Kyle's run, it would have been 20 to 1 for keeping Hal as Parallax. Even though DC was doing a fairly poor job of it then.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-18-2018 at 08:05 PM.

I thought you were talking about diversity there. Maybe I misread that. But anyway it has nothing to do with Hal as Parallax, and again I haven't mentioned killing anyone.
    I think Hal as Parallax is old news anyway i already voted is no and personally why would DC Comics do that they already did.

I don't think that would be a viable option to make Hal as Parallax again. This would be poor logic, especially if he's co-starring in an upcoming GLC (assuming it's still in the works) movie. And Hal Jordan carries a big fraction of the Green Lantern fanbase. So I say "no".

Astonishing Member

If this were before Hal as Spectre, let alone Rebirth I'd be all for it. But the only thing that is worse than unringing a bell by restoring Hal to being GL, is trying to then re-ring the bell as if this time is "for reals" and trying to get anyone to buy it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    If this were before Hal as Spectre, let alone Rebirth I'd be all for it. But the only thing that is worse than unringing a bell by restoring Hal to being GL, is trying to then re-ring the bell as if this time is "for reals" and trying to get anyone to buy it.
    Agreed. Interesting concept, if risky, but no longer timely.

With six of them now, DC has proved that it's got far more Earth Lanterns than it has any idea what to do with (and thanks a lot for that, Geoff), so maybe turning Hal into Parallax for keeps would be a good idea.
    6 is too much. Let me do a quick Batman family count..Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne,The Signal..Do I need to keep going on? The simple solution is Green Lantern book with Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps book with John,Guy,Simon,Jessica, and Kyle being Green Lanterns in other sectors.