58 72.50%
  • Unsure

4 5.00%
  • No opinion

3 3.75%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Kyle as parrallax, maybe......

But then I'd make parrallax other then some big bad. (Assuming they didn't in convergence. Need to read convergance....)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Kyle as parrallax, maybe......

But then I'd make parrallax other then some big bad. (Assuming they didn't in convergence. Need to read convergance....)
    Parallax wasn't the Big Bad for Convergence.

That a big NO for me, instead make Kyle as Parrallax permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You're going to kill the Muslim and keep a white guy? Then they'll never invite you to appear as a guest on The View.
    If one was forced to decide which of the two characters to kill, I think they shouldn't be seen as a "white guy" and a "Lebanese guy"("Muslim" isn't a race), but rather as which one is more valuable to the company.

One has lots of historical value to the DC universe, has a rather significant portion of the GL fanbase and is, arguably, the most recognizable version of the Green Lantern character among the general public.

The other has been around for a few years, was never given much attention and when he was, he was instantly outshined by his sector partner.

Doesn't really seem like a very hard decision to be perfectly honest.

On topic, no. DC didn't spend all this time and means to build Hal back as one of their big heroes, just to tear him down like that again.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-19-2018 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Of course you'd have to get rid of the idea that Parallax is a parasite that needs a host, the way a tapeworm does. That's the same goofball idea that ruined the Spectre. It would have to really be Hal this time.

Well, it was Hal originally, it was retconned because they realized how stupid they were to do it in the first place. I don't see them being that stupid again, at least as far as this character is concerned.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Hal as Parallax permanently? He should never had been Parallax at all. In fact, no superhero should have to suffer that, unless it's a situation, i.e. Terra, where she was created to turn bad in the first place.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, it was Hal originally, it was retconned because they realized how stupid they were to do it in the first place. I don't see them being that stupid again, at least as far as this character is concerned.
    Times certainly change. Go back and read the lettercols in the Green Lantern after DC did this. They were filled with nonstop lavish praise, and that continued until Geoff Johns announced ten years later that he was against it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Hal as Parallax permanently? He should never had been Parallax at all. In fact, no superhero should have to suffer that, unless it's a situation, i.e. Terra, where she was created to turn bad in the first place.
    If he gets infected with a tapeworm, I agree. But if it's his idea, then it's a different story.

If he gets infected with a tapeworm, I agree. But if it's his idea, then it's a different story.
    See, the latter is far, far worse to me than the former. Any superhero of long standing going berserker like that is just anathema to me.

Times certainly change. Go back and read the lettercols in the Green Lantern after DC did this. They were filled with nonstop lavish praise, and that continued until Geoff Johns announced ten years later that he was against it.
    I don't have to go back to read anything, history proved the only good thing to come out of that was Kyle and there was no need to turn Hal into a villain to introduce Kyle, just like they didn't make him a villain when they introduced Guy and John previously. The main reason I see people wanting Hal to be a bad guy again is so he could not be Green Lantern and "hog the spotlight" from their favorites.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-19-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't have to go back to read anything, history proved the only good thing to come out of that was Kyle and there was no need to turn Hal into a villain to introduce Kyle, just like they didn't make him a villain when they introduced Guy and John previously. The main reason I see people wanting Hal to be a bad guy again is so he could not be Green Lantern and "hog the spotlight" from their favorites.
    Basically this. If that's the case, just kill him off instead and give him a dignified send-off.

I'd like it simply as a marker that things actually do happen and have consequences in these stories, and that not everything reverts back to status quo with time.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

20 years ago, I would have absolutely said yes to this, but that ship has sailed. Hal as Parallax should have been DC's answer to Magneto, but they botched it by making him too much of a loony MWA-HA-HA villain instead of a sympathetic borderline antihero. But too much time has passed now since Hal's redemption storyarc and the retconning of Parallax into a space parasite.

I still say the answer to too many Earth Lanterns is to give Kyle, John, and Guy their own identities separate from the Corps, but that's another discussion.

Extraordinary Member

Something else -- Alan could become Carol's love interest.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-19-2018 at 07:17 AM.