Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm wondering though if that might be a turn off for folks who aren't regular comics buyers. Sure, we can see it's deal, but they're used to renting movies for $2, buying songs for 99 cents...some might go, "Five bucks for what? I don't even get the whole story"
    which folks are under discussion? why are the viewers of the shows or movies still being considered as potential buyers? majority of them wont even bother with this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    which folks are under discussion? why are the viewers of the shows or movies still being considered as potential buyers? majority of them wont even bother with this.
    That is probably why they are using the comics versions of these characters rather than the MCU versions.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Kelly Thompson did mention that there are gonna be trades. But floppies make the whole thing completely pointless, why would they ever do that?
    Hey Guys

I know there's some confusion, so just popping in to say it's Digital First and then Trades. NO FLOPPIES

- So you'll get three double-sized issues per "arc" (or "season").
    - About 120 pages of story (equivalent of 6 issues) over three months.
    - Each 40 pages installment is priced at $5 I believe (which is a pretty big discount over regular digital editions of comics - bonus!)
    - After the last issue comes is out then it's the collected trade - in this case, last digital issue comes out at the end of Sept. Trade will be out in Oct/Nov.
    - The book goes on "hiatus" - like a TV show does (or Saga would be a good comics model example).
    - And then comes back for a "season 2" arc with the same style rollout.

I know it's a bit confusing, but every new model takes a bit to get used to! Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hey Guys

I know there's some confusion, so just popping in to say it's Digital First and then Trades. NO FLOPPIES

- Each 40 pages installment is priced at $5 I believe (which is a pretty big discount over regular digital editions of comics - bonus!)
    - After the last issue comes is out then it's the collected trade - in this case, last digital issue comes out at the end of Sept. Trade will be out in Oct/Nov.
    - The book goes on "hiatus" - like a TV show does (or Saga would be a good comics model example).

I know it's a bit confusing, but every new model takes a bit to get used to! Thanks for your patience, everyone!
    Thanks for the quick response!

Best of luck!

Hey Guys

Thank goodness. That makes more sense.

Good to see non-traditional models being embraced.

I can see the point in using the TV heroes for this initiative since it's their books that usually drop the quickest in terms of floppy sales, although I think out of anyone Jessica Jones probably sold the best (but that also had Bendis running the show then).
    Hey Guys

This sounds like a really interesting new model for comics.

I'll be keen to see how it plays out .

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    But... I still dont see why it's this expensive. Marvel isn't making a physical version, so they dont need to make up the costs for printing.
    They have to pay an artist to draw those extra pages.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Luke Cage is all but certain to be a digital first. We saw Marvel list three Classified trades for sale. One of them has been updated to reveal that it is Cloak and Dagger. Both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are 192 pages and all are priced at $20.

I like this idea, but it sounds like it's digital first then floppy then trade. I want to help out my local shop, but I'm not triple dipping and I'm not waiting for the shop to get it.
    I don't think there will be floppies, just digital then trade.

Edit: Nevermind, point was already made multiple times.
    Last edited by Samurai32; 07-19-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm wondering though if that might be a turn off for folks who aren't regular comics buyers. Sure, we can see it's deal, but they're used to renting movies for $2, buying songs for 99 cents...some might go, "Five bucks for what? I don't even get the whole story"
    That is a good point, and given the amount of confusion surrounding the price, they may want to play up the extra pages, call them all 'double sized' or whatever so people can't miss that this is basically 2 issues inside one digital cover. I think it is a good model, and once I understood i would be basically getting 6 issues over 3 months for about the price of a TPB, but I get to read them day of release instead of waiting, I was sold. It didn't feel like i was being ripped off for my preference for digital any more. But it is different, and people need to be more aware of how it works.

okay, so i bought and read this, and subbed to the series, and first off, I like it a lot (Elsa! Yay!) but I was thinking... It was like announced and released on the SAME DAY, and it was like, boom, there it was, no warning. Which is cool in a way, but even with Comixology, i mostly operate via subscriptions there, so i didn't even see it in the storefront when it was released, I just saw it in some news articles that hit the other day. It wasn't in Marvel's July solicits (which I realize makes some sense, since those are for print stuff) or anything. And despite me being one of the ones that devours solicits when they are released, and I think the fact that we don't have solicits spoiling everything in this is a good thing... But we need SOME warning, something to clue us in to it's existence before it hits. Solicits for digital, even if they aren't as in depth as the print ones, or something. Looking at the Comixology best sellers list, it did OK for a character of Jessica's caliber, it's on the first page of results, at least, but that is without any print numbers to round things out, (though, i would imagine the TPB numbers will be better than usual for a book like this... maybe) and I can't help but think it could have done better day one if we'd had more time to be made aware of it's existence. Though, the good thing about digital is that it doesn't really matter when you hear about a series, it will always be there for you to buy due to effectively infinite virtual shelf space, so it may perform better over time. But... still.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    They won't go to the brick and mortar comic book store, but they might check something like this out on their laptops if it's marketed right. That's thy I think price point might be a concern among folks who don't know how all this works.

Not sure they've announced anything yet that I'm interested in, but glad to hear that they will be making trade paperbacks of stuff; if they did make something I wanted, I'd want to get it in trade format. (I don't like digital.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Hey Guys

Thanks for confirming there will be no floppies. I think it's probably for the best.

I actually think this model is really good. Different, yes, but we could use something different in the industry right now. Also, can you share how long the hiatus between each arc will be?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm down, as long as there is more Cloak and Dagger and as long as they get trades, at least. I'm loving the first C&D mini!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Was not expecting the 4th to be the Daughters but considering the team up happening in the shows coming up, it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see the point in using the TV heroes for this initiative since it's their books that usually drop the quickest in terms of floppy sales, although I think out of anyone Jessica Jones probably sold the best (but that also had Bendis running the show then).
    Bear in mind, of course, that JJ wasn't cancelled for low sales like Luke and Danny's books were. It ended simply because of Bendis's defection and he personally chose his successor, he was impressed by how Kelly handled her in Hawkeye.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman