Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Well, Bleeding Cool has had this pegged for a while, so nice to have the announcement finally out of the way .

On the positive side, I'm glad to have Hal back on Earth and a re-focus on grounded, space cop, stories. I've missed that ever since the line became more about event after event and had Hal stuck in space indefinitely. Although Morrison makes it sound like Hal doesn't want to be on Earth anymore, which kind of seems wrong to me .

I hope Morrison makes good use of Hal's Earth supporting cast and Rogues. We've been due Carol being brought back in a major role for a while now.

I am kind of surprised that Morrison isn't starting out with a big, sprawling, space opera story for his run, but maybe that's coming as he gets into it.

Liam Sharp's art actually looks like a better fit for Green Lantern then I was expecting .

Although "The Green Lantern" is a weird title.

So I guess Hal is investigating a crashed GL as a deliberate mirror to what happened to Abin Sur. Although is he using that dead GL's Lantern? That seems kind of in bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Bleeding Cool has had this pegged for a while, so nice to have the announcement finally out of the way .
    Who was is who was saying that Hal's series was going to be about investigating how the multiverse is dying? (because this series definitely doesn't seem to be that) I don't remember...

Mighty Member

Ehhh they're going with the "safe" Green Lantern, I see. No John, no interest. It's always great to save money.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Despite being a fan of the property, I haven't read Green Lantern since Blackest Night totally spoiled any and all interest I had but I'm down for this. Morrison is my favourite superhero writer and the art looks great. It is interesting that of all writer's Morrison is doing an intimate take on Green Lantern when he is known for truly epic storytelling and coming up with more ideas than can fit on a single page.

As for Green Lanterns, just rename it Green Lantern Corps and leave it at that.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

This hilarious contrarian anti Morrison sentiment is ridiculous. He's among the mediums absolute legends, and has directly creatively resusitated multiple franchises including the X-Men. the whiny anti Hal arguments are goofy as well. He's the main character of this franchise. Period. get over it. If that damn movie had'dt sucked due to **** writing, Reynold's self loathing sarcasm routine and WB's general incompetence with DC properties, GL would have been a top 4 DC character. This book will be AMAZING, guaranteed. This will likelybe a cosmic philosophical treatise on the nature of will, imagination and overcoming trauma at least subtextually and on the surface an intimate character study of a traumatized space vet/hi octane sci-fi crime story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    it's even better than it looks/sounds here, you guys.

get excited.
    This is like a dream for you, eh Astro?

Quote Originally Posted by panthergod View Post
    This book will be AMAZING, guaranteed.
    I'm psyched -- got my blue ring fired up to 120%, but as they say, "the proof is in the pudding..."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the positive side, I'm glad to have Hal back on Earth and a re-focus on grounded, space cop, stories. I've missed that ever since the line became more about event after event and had Hal stuck in space indefinitely. Although Morrison makes it sound like Hal doesn't want to be on Earth anymore, which kind of seems wrong to me .
    This part got me thinking. Fans have been complaining for years about Hal being stuck in space forever, but the thing is, would Hal himself miss being back on Earth? When he's ring-slinging in space, he's useful, he does his job well, he always helps everywhere he goes and the nature of his job definitely adds to his adventurous spirit. Comparatively, whenever he is back on Earth, there's always emphasis on the notion that he never has his act together, or that he's "ineffective" like Morrison mentions in the interview. That he can't hold a steady job or a relationship, that he has no clue how to properly balance his life, that he only ends up hurting people close to him. Hal has always been better at handling apocalyptic scenarios than everyday life. The former is his forte, the latter can be a nightmare to him. If we look at Morrison's statement based on what we know about Hal as character, would he really want to be stuck on Earth for too long? I mean, he would want to see his family or Carol again obviously, but I doubt he would want to be back on a more permanent basis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm psyched -- got my blue ring fired up to 120%, but as they say, "the proof is in the pudding..."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This part got me thinking. Fans have been complaining for years about Hal being stuck in space forever, but the thing is, would Hal himself miss being back on Earth? When he's ring-slinging in space, he's useful, he does his job well, he always helps everywhere he goes and the nature of his job definitely adds to his adventurous spirit. Comparatively, whenever he is back on Earth, there's always emphasis on the notion that he never has his act together, or that he's "ineffective" like Morrison mentions in the interview. That he can't hold a steady job or a relationship, that he has no clue how to properly balance his life, that he only ends up hurting people close to him. Hal has always been better at handling apocalyptic scenarios than everyday life. The former is his forte, the latter can be a nightmare to him. If we look at Morrison's statement based on what we know about Hal as character, would he really want to be stuck on Earth for too long? I mean, he would want to see his family or Carol again obviously, but I doubt he would want to be back on a more permanent basis.
    This are great points worth exploring.

Astonishing Member

Grant had that cool line in ... Final Crisis maybe, where the alphas or guardians called out Hall for not spending enough time on other 2814 world's like Heliopolis or whatever, so I'm intrigued to think this could follow on that.

I like his Hal even in the bit parts in Return of Bruce and Action Comics.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    He's not changing the set-up. That's what you have to do in a relaunch. He's making it all about Hal, which has flopped.

Well, maybe it needs to flop one more time before DC finally admits that some fundamental changes are necessary.
    What you call "not flopping" doesn't actually exist.

BANNED

13 year successful run=flop. ok.

When you put it that way, it does seem like a valid issue that Morrison could explore in this run.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

This is true. But Morrison also said this will bring a lot of the first run into it which was Hal living stablely on earth. So there is some hope.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake