Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I’m honestly pretty excited for this, although I wish it were more than 12-issues. Is that confirmed or were they just referencing arc lengths?

I’ve never gotten into any of the Lantern stuff but I’m very much looking forward to this. Loved the way Grant wrote Superman and Batman, cool to see him take a shot on GL. The art looks great too.

I stopped reading Green Lantern after Blackest Night. Up to that point, Johns mapped roles for Guy, John and Kyle that served his mega-arc with Hal and Sinestro. But after that, they were all just....there. Crowding panels. It kept going due to inherited momentum - Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night.

Morrison, and his approach, means I'll be buying a DC ongoing again.

I'm curious to see how this title will be balanced by the Green Lanterns/GLC book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious to see how this title will be balanced by the Green Lanterns/GLC book.
    I don't know how much longer that comic will be around. But on the other hand, DC is so committed to diversity that it kept publishing Blue Beetle and Cyborg until their sales fell to 8K on icv2, even though the usual cancellation level is 17K. It would not shock me if they did the same thing with Green Lanterns.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Don't know how this will turn out, but it sucks that this makes it more likely the other potential new writing teams Rich has been blabbing will happen. So help me, I do not want Walker replacing Williamson and DeConnick replacing Abnett.
    The rumor was never that Walker would be replacing Williamson. It was that Walker would be writing a Flash-related title, while Williamson continued with the main Flash title.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I don't know how much longer that comic will be around. But on the other hand, DC is so committed to diversity that it kept publishing Blue Beetle and Cyborg until their sales fell to 8K on icv2, even though the usual cancellation level is 17K. It would not shock me if they did the same thing with Green Lanterns.
    Has official cancellation level been observed to be at 17k now, instead of the 20k that we used to assume?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I stopped reading Green Lantern after Blackest Night. Up to that point, Johns mapped roles for Guy, John and Kyle that served his mega-arc with Hal and Sinestro. But after that, they were all just....there. Crowding panels. It kept going due to inherited momentum - Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night.

Morrison, and his approach, means I'll be buying a DC ongoing again.
    I agree. In fact I'd even say that The Sinestro Corps War was the last good story Johns wrote. He took the comic off on a tangent that had nothing to do with its long and rich history. He threw it all away almost as decisively as DC had in Emerald Twilight.

It was especially ironic that Johns did that, because he was supposed to be the great restorer. As it turned out, he was anything but.

This thing by Morrison sounds like it might be a pretty good story, but not nearly enough of a change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Has official cancellation level been observed to be at 17k now, instead of the 20k that we used to assume?
    A reading of 17K on icv2 equals about 20K in actual sales.

Love Morrison, hate Hal. Something's gotta give...

(I'll probably end up checking it out.)

I will try this. I have never been the biggest Morrison fan but I love Hal.

Hal should have story lines on Earth, but I hope most of them are in space. The idea of a Space Police officer spending most of their time on one planet is stupid.
    Last edited by KC; 07-19-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I agree. In fact I'd even say that The Sinestro Corps War was the last good story Johns wrote. He took the comic off on a tangent that had nothing to do with its long and rich history. He threw it all away almost as decisively as DC had in Emerald Twilight.

It was especially ironic that Johns did that, because he was supposed to be the great restorer. As it turned out, he was anything but.
    This website needs an eye roll emoji.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    This website needs an eye roll emoji.
    I'd give one to that post, for sure.

If you want an explanation -- what did the emotional spectrum, the evil Guardians, Hal stationed permanently in space, Sinestro as a hero, or Baz and Cruz have to do with restoring what DC threw away in Emerald Twilight?

Nothing at all! That was entirely Geoff's stuff, and it's what he made Green Lantern about. It was as radical a transformation as anyone has ever carried out on a comic.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-19-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Depends on the book-Batwing was way below 10K when it finally ended. Yet Luke Fox got 18 issues. Like David did.

If 20K was the standard Cyborg would have been gone after issue 6.

I think the bone of contention for Trey is when do we see a Green Lantern title be about EVERYBODY and not a love letter to Hal Jordan. That is the main complaint I have heard about Hal & TGLC-a book I saw pack bins in larger numbers than any DC Rebirth title and even some Marvel books.

Hal worshipers just want decent stories of Hal without the constant he has to prove himself or look dumb storylines or even the silly rumor of he was written badly to build up John Stewart.

If you want Hal to be that super star his fans think he is-EVERYBODY ELSE HAS TO GO. That means those 4 POC have to GO and that means eating all that backlash that DC has created for themselves.

Yes you had sales but those sale did not benefit the others. And when it did-it got dismissed from John in Justice League to Simon/Jessica's book having better trade sales.

So it comes down to what is best for the franchise? Especially beyond that comic book store.

Beyond the comic book store-it needs to be everybody. Which means the ground work needs to start in comics with a solid foundation NOT run by agendas that alienate green lantern fans.

Whatever is done with John in Justice league or Jessica in DC Super Hero Girls DO NOT MATTER. They are Green Lanterns FIRST-that is the franchise that needs to treat them with respect FIRST.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This is the most excited I've been.

Grant on GL is a dream come true.

And we're still waiting on Grant for Arkham Asylum 2 and Batman Black and White.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-19-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”