Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Don't know how this will turn out, but it sucks that this makes it more likely the other potential new writing teams Rich has been blabbing will happen. So help me, I do not want Walker replacing Williamson and DeConnick replacing Abnett.
    Walker will be writing Wally West Flash, and Abnett dragged this Rath story out for way too long.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Walker will be writing Wally West Flash, and Abnett dragged this Rath story out for way too long.
    Is this confirmed? (Please lord say no)
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I can't wait for this. Venditti has avoided anymore Rainbow Wars besides the first Rebirth arc, but he's still focused on universe-ending catastrophes. This looks like it could be a much more fascinating exploration of what being a GL means on a more "normal" basis. I love Morrison and I've really enjoyed Sharpe, so this is definitely on my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Is this confirmed? (Please lord say no)
    Nope. It's a BC rumor. Could be bull, or could end up being Wallace West.

In light of the GL franchise going in new directions, do we know if the Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz Green Lanterns series is going to be canceled as part of the initiative or not?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I like Morrison so I will check this out. Have not checked out Green Lantern in a few years.

Bring Hal back to Earth. Coast City. Give him a part in the Justice League and we will talk about me buying the series as a regular again.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 07-19-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

This looks SOOOOOOO GOOD omg. The best writer and artist in comics together collaborating on the best character in comics

Incredible Member

Wow, some guys in this thread are just mad because they envy Hal getting Morrison/Sharp without even knowing if it is going to be good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Wow, some guys in this thread are just mad because they envy Hal getting Morrison/Sharp without even knowing if it is going to be good.
    Not mad, nor envious. Some are just indifferent. Some don't need to know if it's going to be good or not. I know I don't. Focusing our energy on other titles is the ultimate win.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Not mad, nor envious. Some are just indifferent. Some don't need to know if it's going to be good or not. I know I don't. Focusing our energy on other titles is the ultimate win.
    How comes this intention to defend yourself? I did say some and I didn't mention you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    How comes this intention to defend yourself? I did say some and I didn't mention you.
    I know you didn't mention me. I can read really well. I was just offering another perspective.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I get that. And I expect that's the case for a lot of ppl. But a publisher just trying to boost sales for a character isn't the same thing as pushing that character to be considered top-tier.

The more I think of it, the more I wonder why they chose Hal (I didn't read the article). If it's supposed to coincide w/ boosting Hal's brand before the GLC movie in 2020, why not choose John Stewart, who'll also be in the movie? I think both Stewart and Rayner are much more interesting characters than Hal, and Morrison could probably do more w/ them.
    Hal is still the most popular Lantern. He's always been, even though GL fandom is way more divided now than it was say 20 or 30 years ago.

Removing him would cause the kind of fan backlash DC is not interested in, I believe. John is in JL and should probably get some fine exposure there.

Those are the 2 DC needs working ATM, all the rest is flexible.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I get that. And I expect that's the case for a lot of ppl. But a publisher just trying to boost sales for a character isn't the same thing as pushing that character to be considered top-tier.

The more I think of it, the more I wonder why they chose Hal (I didn't read the article). If it's supposed to coincide w/ boosting Hal's brand before the GLC movie in 2020, why not choose John Stewart, who'll also be in the movie? I think both Stewart and Rayner are much more interesting characters than Hal, and Morrison could probably do more w/ them.
    Because Hal is usually the central character of this franchise. It's really that simple.

Reading the comments here, I didn't think there was that many dislikes for Hal Jordan. damn.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Reading the comments here, I didn't think there was that many dislikes for Hal Jordan. damn.
    I hate the guy since the 80's, but back then I was the exception big time. I believe the fanbase really fragmented in the early 2000's: even in the 90's, when Hal was a villain, you wouldn't see much if any hate geared towards him. It was when he came back, and, I think, Kyle fans resented Jordan because of Rayner taking a backseat, and fans coming from the JL cartoon who barely knew about the guy got unhappy that John wasn't such a big deal in the comic, that all these people started to appear to keep me company. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Green Lantern has been Hal and Pals since Johns took over. It looks like they're going to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-20-2018 at 01:33 AM.