Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't like her.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Trinary is cool plus she's fills the void that Karima Sharpander left in my heart
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I like her, and she is a great asset to Jean's team. I like that she is an activist, and this makes her fit with Jean's philosophy.
    It is one thing to believe in (social) justice, and another to actively organize and create (or try to create) meaningful change.

I do like her powers, and though there are others with the same or similar powers that is no big issue considering how many characters with duplicate powers in the x-verse (just how many telepaths and telekinetics are there??).

I would say that I like her. As other members have said, she really fits into what Jean's team is trying to stand for. I would like to read a Trinary focused story though, because she could use a little work on developing her personality in my opinion. I've seen a lot of other forum users make the same comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Her powers are too unrealistic. Imagine controlling some electronics that are several km away.
    That would be greater than Xavier's powers.

She is in my no-list.
    In world with reality warpers, demons, gods, sea people,aliens,Phoenix etc.Her powers are too unrealistic? She has telepathy for technology nothing she is doing to tech is out of the realm that telepaths have done to people.

My thoughts... Meh.

I have the same issues with her that I have with Forge. A character with an incredibly cool power but lacks the creativity or imagination to take it to the next level. Both from a character stand point and a Creator stand point.

Like with Forge....the character has the ability to create whatever he can think up but his imagination extend no further than creating big guns most of the time. The guy who can create anything uses pretty much a basic prosthetic to replace his hand and leg? Really? You don't think a guy with his powers couldn't do better than that!?!?

Same issue with Trinary...ok so you can control technology and you are not opposed to stealing or doing things underhandedly for the greater good? Why not use your incredible powers to get you a Nano suit of some kind so you can be more useful on your mostly combat oriented team? Just seems silly to me.

In short I will not be surprised if she is soon to be forgotten after Red. Characters with powerset that are not "flashy" in nature tend to do poorly longevity wise in comics. Things on change with Tri the same will follow suit. Therefore the Meh.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I like her so far but don't understand why Bendis' students have fallen into obscurity since one of them had the same powerset.

Incredible Member

I'd rather see more established but neglected characters but giving her a chance for now. Reminds me of the technopath from "Heroes".

BANNED

Cool power and design, but that doesn't really make a character. So far, I have no feelings for her since she feels more like a plot device than an actual person. But Red still has a road to go, so we'll see what she's really made of.

Yeah, so far she's just a plot device. In a cast this large, and with Jean so centrally focused, I'm not sure Trinary can get enough meaningful character development in this run before it ends to really make her a lasting character in the extremely bloated cast that is the X-Universe. There are hundreds, if not thousands of X-Characters at this point, but only a dozen or two really matter in the end. Taylor would have to do some hard work to make her rise to the elites.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jean was dead for 14 years. So it's nice that for now, X-Men Red is focusing on Jean. I think that later on, characters like Trinary will be developed. But right now, with Cassie as her nemesis, it's a Jean centric story.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Ultimate Member

But then again will the series last long enough to get to that point of focusing on Trinary or will it end before we get to that point...

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

She is unnecessary. How can there be a genetic mutation for computers? Science mutants are senseless.

Ultimate Member

Well Forge isn't available as Cassie Nova has brainwashed him like she did with Storm so...

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    She is unnecessary. How can there be a genetic mutation for computers? Science mutants are senseless.
    They are just adapting to their environment. At the end of the day, technology is all a matter of natural physics, just rearranged. There's no reason the X-Gene can't make a person sensitive to the electromagnetic frequencies that various technologies utilize, the same way it can make psi-sensitives, or elemental-sensitives. Mutations like Trinary, Hijack, Box, and Forge are no different from Karma, Cypher, and Moonstar, or Magneto, Iceman, and Storm, or Prof X, Jean, or Quire. All just tuned into various frequencies, but ultimately very similar (mental/elemental variations).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!