Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Absolutely love her. But I am biased. She is the first Indian X-Men. She represents my people. Go Trinary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Absolutely love her. But I am biased. She is the first Indian X-Men. She represents my people. Go Trinary!!!
    Thunderbird III and technically Omega Sentinel are Indian X-Men that precede Trinary, not to mention the kid with the purple armor powers... Indra. I don't think any of them were particularly well developed, but they've had their moments, maybe even more than Trinary.

Haven and Typhoon were villains in the 90's X-Factor(that deserve to be revisited, I really liked them), also Indian. Certainly Marvel in general and X-Men in specific could do with more characters from India, but Trinary certainly isn't the first or only.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Trinary needs a birth name.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Some of these threads are so old I don't remember if I responded to them.

Yes, I like her, from what little I've read. I didn't get to finish Red but I plan to eventually on Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like Storm could do a 'short-hand' version of technopathy(or telepathy) given her own sensitivities for EM fields(which both computers and human brains use to one extent or another) if she wanted to. Like she would never be as proficient as a natural technopath(or telepath), but could kinda do it, like how Professor X could kinda communicate with Krakoa, but only Cypher can really communicate with them. Someone like Magneto too.
    This sort of thing HAS been alluded to. Karima Shapandar's backstory is that Xavier and magneto used their powers together in order to reconfigure the Sentinel tech and prevent it from controlling Karima's mind. Magneto could feel where the tech was but not see what he needed to do with it.

And yeah, Storm can sense some kinds of EM fields, but not in much detail. It's a bit of a hot/cold glow to her with a vaguely defined shape AFAIK. She's better at sensing air disturbances, and once nailed a plane with a lightning bolt by sensing it's wake as it flew through the air.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-08-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Thunderbird III and technically Omega Sentinel are Indian X-Men that precede Trinary, not to mention the kid with the purple armor powers... Indra. I don't think any of them were particularly well developed, but they've had their moments, maybe even more than Trinary.

Haven and Typhoon were villains in the 90's X-Factor(that deserve to be revisited, I really liked them), also Indian. Certainly Marvel in general and X-Men in specific could do with more characters from India, but Trinary certainly isn't the first or only.
    Karima Shapandar was awesome!

BANNED

I like her a lot yeah

BANNED

Not at all. Too overpowered from the start. And she was in the worst X-Men book I've read in a while, Red.

Astonishing Member

Love her and her design is gorgeous. Love her powerset it's vague enough that a lot of writers can do a lot with it

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So what happened to Trinary? I thought she was going to be a supporting cast member of Excalibur but has been MIA since the first issue. That set her up to be Apocalypse' apprentice and nothing has been done with that since

The X-men dont really have alot of good Indian representation and her powers would make her a good fit over in X-Force alongside Sage, Forge and Beast. I could even see her with X-Factor
    She isn't needed in XForce precisely because of Sage and Forge.

Sad to hear she isn't being used in Excal and I agree her as Nur's apprentice has potential

as for X-Factor.. let's get some issues first lol but yeah she could work there perhaps
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member

Yes, I like her desing and she could do really cool things with her powers under a good writer. I also enjoyed her introduction story in Red.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This sort of thing HAS been alluded to. Karima Shapandar's backstory is that Xavier and magneto used their powers together in order to reconfigure the Sentinel tech and prevent it from controlling Karima's mind. Magneto could feel where the tech was but not see what he needed to do with it.

And yeah, Storm can sense some kinds of EM fields, but not in much detail. It's a bit of a hot/cold glow to her with a vaguely defined shape AFAIK. She's better at sensing air disturbances, and once nailed a plane with a lightning bolt by sensing it's wake as it flew through the air.
    No. Storm can perceive and manipulate individual electrons. She can perceive the synaptic cascade of electricity in a person's nervous system. She can wipe a digital memory card without disabling the flash in the same camera. She can charge the entire planet's magnetosphere with solar wind producing visible aurora all over the world without destroying the power lines/satellites. She has the necessary delicacy and scale to operate on immense or tiny EM fields.

No. Storm can perceive and manipulate individual electrons. She can perceive the synaptic cascade of electricity in a person's nervous system. She can wipe a digital memory card without disabling the flash in the same camera. She can charge the entire planet's magnetosphere with solar wind producing visible aurora all over the world without destroying the power lines/satellites. She has the necessary delicacy and scale to operate on immense or tiny EM fields.
    Which book was that in?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which book was that in?
    Those are all feats sprinkled over Claremont's run from the old days, to X-Treme, to XSE Uncanny, some modern random feats, and some from her own solo series.

There was Sapna too from Lemire's Extraordinary (don't blame you for not remembering anything about that), whose spirit now resides in the Soulsword.

Also, Alpha Squadron's Wiki page say Indra was supposed to have a younger sister who attended the school. Where is she?