Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Neutral to negative , she isn't Quentin Quire. Although her "I solved the male female pay gap in India " stint had me thinking she's one of those that doesn't think about the causes or consequences of her actions and I don't know if Taylor wants us to mock her for being so naive or agree with her for using a strawman that actually has a point, and why not solve all income inequality while she's at that...
    Last edited by wano; 07-19-2018 at 10:05 AM.

I like her just fine.

In my opinion this kind of questions are better served with a poll...

Personally and so far I am rather indifferent. I like her powerset (we had Jeffrey´s with basically the same powers.. maybe Cypher too.. but they were old fashioned white men so I understand Marvel creating a ... different character... but with the same poweset). We still need to know more to her background etc.. so far.. really.. it is a cliché character... mistreated, seen powers... old news old news
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Neutral to negative , she isn't Quentin Quire. Although her "I solved the male female pay gap in India " stint had me thinking she's one of those that doesn't think about the causes or consequences of her actions and I don't know if Taylor wants us to mock her for being so naive or agree with her for using a strawman that actually has a point, and why not solve all income inequality while she's at that...
    I really like QQ. I didn´t use but now I do.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I really like QQ. I didn´t use but now I do.
    I liked him before Jason Aaron happened

Yes, I do.

Astonishing Member

I dont think she is overpowered because she can do only 1 of the many things Jeffries and Cypher (and E.V.A.) can do, as technopaths go I find those 3 characters more interesting because they are very different, a technomorph, someone who understands and speaks every language, and a nervous system-spaceship in a symbiotic relationship with Fantomex. I also dont think she is very interesting.
    I think most writers want to create new characters and give them a push to see if they become successful, even if they are rather redudant. I cant blame Taylor for that because every single writer does that. For example, IIRC Bunn is the creator of Jimmy Hudson when he wrote Ultimate XMen.

The most efficient thing would have been using Karima Shapandar-Omega Sentinel, if he wanted a woman, indian, technopath.

I think we have one or two characters with the same powers or similar which makes difficult the character grow or remain relevant after Red finish but so far she has done well. She will suffer the same problems that other new mutant characters suffer all depends if some other writer decides to give her a chance in the future otherwise she will fall into limbo like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I think we have one or two characters with the same powers or similar which makes difficult the character grow or remain relevant after Red finish but so far she has done well. She will suffer the same problems that other new mutant characters suffer all depends if some other writer decides to give her a chance in the future otherwise she will fall into limbo like the others.
    That seems to be the case for 90% of the young characters created since Morrison's New X-men era. I doubt she'll even be making background appearances like the New X-men kids

Fantastic Member

She's just like Sage. I really like her look though.

Astonishing Member

She hasn't done anything major yet so its natural for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That seems to be the case for 90% of the young characters created since Morrison's New X-men era. I doubt she'll even be making background appearances like the New X-men kids
    Or one of those cases where only the creator of the character uses him in his own stories.

Or worse when they remember the character and bring him back just to die like Alchemy.

The advantage of Trinary is that her powers are relevant in a world where almost everything is digital or uses machines. With the right writer she could go far inside the X-mens.

I like her so far -- much better than Hijack at any rate. And so what if they share similar powers. You can't throw a rock without hitting a telepath or Wolverine son/clone. Besides, there should be more South Asian mutants, just because of the population ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    In my opinion this kind of questions are better served with a poll...

Personally and so far I am rather indifferent. I like her powerset (we had Jeffrey´s with basically the same powers.. maybe Cypher too.. but they were old fashioned white men so I understand Marvel creating a ... different character... but with the same poweset). We still need to know more to her background etc.. so far.. really.. it is a cliché character... mistreated, seen powers... old news old news
    I don't think Marvel mandated a creation of her character. It's most likely an author initiative combined with maybe a narrative one from editorial not allowing certain characters to be used. Her powerset is sort of mandatory for the team to function since nobody else is going to fill the role of Danger Room/Techno person like Trinary can, and the Red team is separate from the rest of the X-Men. Somehow.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't dislike her... but we barely know her at all. I think Tom could have developed her character more than just throwing her on a team where she immediately is so comfortable. For all intents and purposes, she should be freaking out.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.