Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    She is unnecessary. How can there be a genetic mutation for computers? Science mutants are senseless.
    How can there be a genetic mutation for anything in the X-world? These things are random outside of families whom are more likely to inherit a power based on parents and/or siblings

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Forge isn't available as Cassie Nova has brainwashed him like she did with Storm so...
    I dont see what Forge has to do with anything. He doesnt have the same powers as Trinary and couldnt be used as a subtitute for her place in the story as already been told

Yeah, Forge's power is to CREATE tech, Trinary's is to hack into it.

She's actually more powerful than Hijack by the way. Hijack can only hijack vehicles. He wouldn't have been able to capture and reprogram a Sentinel. If he could, he would've hijacked Ironheart's armor, instead of tossing aircraft and cars at her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She is unnecessary. How can there be a genetic mutation for computers? Science mutants are senseless.
    Electricity.

The brain works with electricity. Computers too.

"Electricity is found throughout the human body. The flow of charged ions causes your heart to beat and your muscles to contract. But nowhere in the body is electrical activity better documented than the brain, which contains roughly a hundred billion electrically conductive, biological wires"
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

So far, I am on the fence. Once she has a proper run I can validate my position. Just hoping not end up forgotten or wallpaper. But hey it's the norm.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Forge's power is to CREATE tech, Trinary's is to hack into it.

She's actually more powerful than Hijack by the way. Hijack can only hijack vehicles. He wouldn't have been able to capture and reprogram a Sentinel. If he could, he would've hijacked Ironheart's armor, instead of tossing aircraft and cars at her.
    Not exactly, with his power he can both understand and create/fix/work technology, so he'd be able to understand how any machine worked...and the question was asked about tech mutants and Forge is one of the best in that department...

I like her so far even though she has been mostly used as exposition tool and dam near ex machina tech solution for tech issues. She has good potential for the future I have seen the character Livewire from Valiant who has the same exact power be pretty useful in stories.The obvious issue with her powers is in direct combat situations for her to be useful in stories she needs I think one of three things A. Get good at hand to hand B. Carry a weapon C. A creative use of her power that has a solid combat application. Otherwise is she is going to end up as a side character who will disappear at some point. There is a small hint imo of future Gentle and Trinary relationship where she ask "are you okay" and she touches his hand. We will see if that develops in something more or it was just teammate being concerned.

I think they can use Trinary as "the smart character" in the same capacity they have been using Beast for many things in stories.If She was to be developed like that is another way she could stick around for a long time. I mean we have dozen of stories where Beast has said this is the answer to an issue and nobody else was around to scientifically agree or disagree with his solution.

Not exactly, with his power he can both understand and create/fix/work technology, so he'd be able to understand how any machine worked...and the question was asked about tech mutants and Forge is one of the best in that department...
    His power is physical. He cant psionically hack into tech remotely like Trinary can. He can manipulate things with his hands to alter or create things but he's not a hacker like Trinary. They dont have the same powerset. When the sentinel ttacked them in India, he'd have been useless. All he could have done is shoot it with whatever weapons he had on hand and it would have been destroyed by the team. He wouldn't have been able to take control of it and use it to help the team escape. If he had time, he might have been able to repair and then reprogram it, but thats alot slower and not the same thing as taking psychic control of the thing which needed to be done given the urgency

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think they can use Trinary as "the smart character" in the same capacity they have been using Beast for many things in stories.If She was to be developed like that is another way she could stick around for a long time. I mean we have dozen of stories where Beast has said this is the answer to an issue and nobody else was around to scientifically agree or disagree with his solution.
    That would be a good use for her. Given her powers, she has instant access to the internet.. Its easy enough for her to research info on the fly.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-21-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that they had the exact same powerset, only that Forge isn't exactly a newbie when it comes to tech...Forge could probably understand how the Sentinel worked and reprogrammed it, it would have taken longer but he could have done it...

That sounds a bit to overpowered for Trinary...

I didn't say that they had the exact same powerset, only that Forge isn't exactly a newbie when it comes to tech...Forge could probably understand how the Sentinel worked and reprogrammed it, it would have taken longer but he could have done it...

That sounds a bit to overpowered for Trinary...
    which would have been useless to the team in the situation. They were trying to get out of India and back to Wakanda ASAP. They werent even thinking of using the sentinel as an escape option when they got their but Trinary'[s powers made it possible. Without her, the sentinel would have been destroyed as that would have been the only way to stop it from killing them, causing collateral damage and harming innocent civilians around them. Forge's powerset wouldnt have prevented that from happening. With the sentinel defeated, no one would have been thinking about Forge to reprogram it bc it would have been destroyed. He would first need to repair it and that would take god knows how long. Point is, Forge could not have been substituted for Trinary here

Trinary is not OP. She has a very specific power. She has no defensive or offensive powers. Put her up against any number of X-men villains and she's easily defeated. She can only go up against tech based opponents. Her utilization will probably be best apt as a support member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Her powers are too unrealistic. Imagine controlling some electronics that are several km away.
    That would be greater than Xavier's powers.

She is in my no-list.
    When I have computer issues, I call some guy in India and he can control my computer from thousands of miles away. Likewise, if I am in Europe, I can print a document to my Network computer in North America.

Technology is such that you can control it remotely from thousands of miles away so not sure why that is a problem here.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mutatations are random. They don't occur to be useful. They just occur. It just so happens that the mutations that give a species the best chance at survival win out over mutations that don't. In theory there was some cave man who was a technopath but since there was no tech for him to control, his power was useless for his environment and he would have died if in competition with someone who could shoot fire from their hands. That is Darwinism and Natural Selection for you.

Of course, many of the mutations in comics don't serve any realistic purpose beyond being cool.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I like her so far even though she has been mostly used as exposition tool and dam near ex machina tech solution for tech issues. She has good potential for the future I have seen the character Livewire from Valiant who has the same exact power be pretty useful in stories.The obvious issue with her powers is in direct combat situations for her to be useful in stories she needs I think one of three things A. Get good at hand to hand B. Carry a weapon C. A creative use of her power that has a solid combat application. Otherwise is she is going to end up as a side character who will disappear at some point. There is a small hint imo of future Gentle and Trinary relationship where she ask "are you okay" and she touches his hand. We will see if that develops in something more or it was just teammate being concerned.

She can't be a Deus Ex Machina because she was introduced at the start of the story. Deus Ex Machina is when a plot device or character is introduced out of nowhere at the end of a story to solve a seemingly impossible situation.

Obvious she was created with this plot in mind but Taylor put her front and center at the start so the reader knew she was a technopath.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-22-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His power is physical. He cant psionically hack into tech remotely like Trinary can. He can manipulate things with his hands to alter or create things but he's not a hacker like Trinary. They dont have the same powerset. When the sentinel ttacked them in India, he'd have been useless. All he could have done is shoot it with whatever weapons he had on hand and it would have been destroyed by the team. He wouldn't have been able to take control of it and use it to help the team escape. If he had time, he might have been able to repair and then reprogram it, but thats alot slower and not the same thing as taking psychic control of the thing which needed to be done given the urgency

That would be a good use for her. Given her powers, she has instant access to the internet.. Its easy enough for her to research info on the fly.
    Forge's power is completely mental. He just 'knows' how to make/fix things. He has no extra physical abilities(other than his sorcery).

As for Trinary being the 'smart one', eh, Sage was a lot better in that capacity in X-Treme with those google-glasses for the team and all. Plus Sage already has an established history of espionage and is a highly competent martial artist in addition to her various mental abilities.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don’t feel like I’ve seen enough of Trinary yet to form an opinion. There’s so much going on in Red that I don’t feel like we have had an opportunity to really see the personalities of the cast, aside from Jean and Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As for Trinary being the 'smart one', eh, Sage was a lot better in that capacity in X-Treme with those google-glasses for the team and all. Plus Sage already has an established history of espionage and is a highly competent martial artist in addition to her various mental abilities.
    With so many different team books, there can be more than one. Not that editorial is super enthusiastic to use Sage or knowing them, use Trinary once her creator leaves.